Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:01:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a right time to invest in ICOs?  (Read 982 times)
NudeGirlPoster (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:20:30 AM

Everybody say "SCAM" about majority of icos. Why?
Time is gone or this is alltime background of icos?

For example. I'm really interested in few projects that will start their icos same day. Utrust and Confideal.
Both of them got muuuch hype around.

Do u believe in ICO's? I need an advice from people who got a clue
Trustmonster

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:33:24 AM

I personally realized that there is a lot of noise around confideal)
efrencres

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:34:45 AM

For example. I'm really interested in few projects that will start their icos same day. Utrust and Confideal.

Not all of them are scam, but there is a possibilities that fraudsters might use the ICO scheme to mislead people. We cannot judge them because new ICOs are something new that are just about to be started its development. All I can suggest is it is better to be cautious because there have been a news circulating that scammers/fraudsters are abusing the use of ETH or Smart Contract based system to make a too good to be true projects. And also do not just look into their promotionals/advertisement about their coin/token, try to read their whitepaper and try to discover some holes into it and try to have some critical thought. The important part of the new ICO is they display who are those developers are with them, their roadmaps and initial milestone and also what are the biggest infastructure/company they have been tied up, by that you will able to make a self investigation and asking questions for those who are yet able to participate the initial offering of the coin. You don't need to be rush investing in because of the  time limits they set It is better to know them before we dive into their projects, than you waste a money into new ICOs that you are not really sure if they are worth investing with. Smiley
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:36:07 AM

ICO's are the new form of venture capital. Why should the rich get richer only, by being able to be venture capitalists.

Its never a bad time to invest in an ICO. Just be careful - like every thing in life - there is good and there is bad.
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:40:37 AM

Get to know the ICO's before investing in them, check the whitepapers, learn about the team etc. As you learn more about the Altcoin world you will become a better in making the decision in investing and have a higher possibility of avoiding scams.
Subb0

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

ICO's are like business: you need to do your research to work out if you trust to 'buy in' to that business. Would you go into a dodgy shop and buy something or would you maybe do a quick bit of research first?

Do your research, play it smart and its not an issue as there are some really fantastic coin offerings and ideas about but there are also some bad ones. Use some common sense and some research and you'll come to your won conclusion.
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:43:42 AM

Just think a minute what an ICO is. Its basically gathering a lot of money with zero responsibility. The companies aren't offering anything in return for running an ICO. An ICO is scam thats it by definition.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:50:51 AM

As you grow and learn more about cryptocurrency you will be able to differentiate between scam and legit project. Having said that if a crypto project has not been labelled as scam, that might be a dead project.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

It's indeed the  right tine to invest neq ICOs specially when that ICO is recognized by blockchain community. Most ICOs are launched together with this forum and some of them are in social media.
I have invested ICOs recently and I chose Ethereum, BM Chain and Bitcoin Cash.

Blakscorpion

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

CryptoFan

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:10:45 AM

ICO are not regulated.
If in your mind, paying somebody without having a service or a good in exchange, is not a scam... What is it ?

If the developpers want, they can leave with your money and nobody will say anything because there are no laws behind it.

If somebody calls you and tell you, please donate 20 000 dollars for the XXXXXX fundation, we are going to build this and that, it will be great !!
Would you give him money like that ?

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:23:38 AM

Actually the ICOs projects are not scam but the major of ICOs were failed to growth, the background of ICOs are the projects/products built by developers team, if you want make investment into ICOs projects make sure be ready to losing your money and always makes management of risk, it will not make you blame the ICOs projects.
Absolutly yes i am believe in ICOs projects based on my analysis fundamental of ICOs projects, i don't want be blamed due to give advice about investment into the ICOs, so always use your analysis fundamental before invest into the ICOs.
Seal10

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:43:53 AM

I believe so much in ICO. In as much as fraudsters do take advantage of it to dupe people, there are still some good tokens out there that's worth investing in.  All that is required is a thorough research into the project before investing in it.
Shova

Activity: 286
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:45:23 AM

I don't think it's the right time to invest in ICO.
A bitcoin fork is coming which will likely increase the price of bitcoin.
ICO are banned in many countries until they find a way to regulate it.
verifyas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:48:58 AM

I think there are pretty interesting projects and very doable and would really really help revolutionize the technology.  True ICOs can be tricky but i guess with a set of checks one can decide on a real ICO from a Scam. Despite all of that ICOs are great to take the technology to the next step.

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
sky24

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:53:05 AM

The right time to invest in an ICO is either at their pre-sale or just as they launch. If you are looking to invest in an ICO you should check out Propthereum.io. They are launching November and are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation. Check out their website and give their whitepaper a read.
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:07:23 AM

Any time can be a good time to invest in ICO's, just need to take caution when it comes to Scammers or Fraudsters who think they can abuse Smart Contract and ETH. The time frame that Developers set is enough time to look into an up and coming ICO and you can avoid wasting money into this ICO when you realize after good research that it's not worth investing into.
staceyoh

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:13:23 AM

I really believe in the ICO because some of them have really great potential like the Tokenlab. Not all of them are scam, just make some research on what ICO you are going to invest to find if that ICO is a trusted one.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:19:20 AM

I think now is the right time to invest in cryptocurrencies and ico projects inclusive. We our having new projects that has new technology and good teams currently and I believe now is the best time to invest in some of them. Ico are good now to buy because in years to come some of them that look weak now will be trading above $100. I think everything is still at the infancy stage and we would need to invest in them now in other not to regret in future.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:27:53 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 04:49:29 PM by savioroshan

Who told you that all ICOs are scam. There are so many legit ICOs. Before investing in an ICO you should do a research about it. Because there are many scams ICOs also along with the legit ones. One such legit ICO is Indahash.  They are already an established firm with offices all over the world and now they are planning to integrate crypto into it. That's it. Another one is hydrominer. You can check their ann thread for further information.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:28:58 AM

ICO's are the new form of venture capital. Why should the rich get richer only, by being able to be venture capitalists.

Its never a bad time to invest in an ICO. Just be careful - like every thing in life - there is good and there is bad.

agree, first thing you have to do was learning it's project, Join the forum or social media group. Don't just focused on the profits they promises because all ICO's was promising a big profit. If you think that the project was make any sence, you could start to invest. And if you want to investing in ICO with BTC, this was a right time, cause the bitcoin price was on a peak, But choose wisely, some ICO's might be a scam or could be a fail project. And its mean you will lose your money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: