Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex $360K Frozen $0.00 remaining of $0.00 USD daily limit.  (Read 1470 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nathansenn (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:52:05 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2020, 02:47:08 AM by nathansenn

Bitrated user: nathansenn.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:10:28 AM

US based exchanges have gotten very strict about KYC/AML procedures, especially with users who belong in the US itself. Be patient and wait for verification to be approved before calling a lawyer. Poloniex is not a scam exchange, but they are being very careful these days. Theres also a chance that they will be open to sharing your name and trading history with the IRS. If you made a lot of money in trading, have your accoutant ready to know how much taxes you owe.
nathansenn (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:22:54 AM

US based exchanges have gotten very strict about KYC/AML procedures, especially with users who belong in the US itself. Be patient and wait for verification to be approved before calling a lawyer. Poloniex is not a scam exchange, but they are being very careful these days. Theres also a chance that they will be open to sharing your name and trading history with the IRS. If you made a lot of money in trading, have your accoutant ready to know how much taxes you owe.

Would make things a little better if they had some contact with their clients. Their 0 contact policy is not so reassuring.

kritment

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:33:15 PM

Good luck Nathan keep me posted how you go.
Im stuck with these asses, almost 60K stuck
Hope the MRs doesnt find out.....
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:35:26 PM

Would make things a little better if they had some contact with their clients. Their 0 contact policy is not so reassuring.

Yeah, honestly, I'd stay away from poloniex. My favorite until recently was bittrex, but they also seem to be heading down a dark path (probably same reasons?). Binance is my go-to exchange for now. At least until a proper DEX comes out.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:41:19 PM

This is one of the many mismanaged exchanges which have turned rogue. You have Yobit, Bittrex, Poloniex and more on the list.

Now why would you leave a third of a million dollars on a wallet with private keys you don't know and control? I know, you use their platform for trades and all that but leaving that much money on an online wallet is/was very brave and daring of you. Exchanges can go bust anytime without prior warning.

Then you have the scam angle to consider here. The exchange is run by humans like us, prone to taking what's not rightfully theirs.

The "360k frozen" are just words you see on your screen. Holdings or assets, as the screen shots say. Your actual BTC are now probably paying for someone's lavish lifestyle.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:44:16 PM

They are not the quickest when it comes to verifying.  It took me months to get verified from 7k to 25k withdrawal limit per day.  Just be patient and send emails every so often so they stay on top of it.  It will get resolved.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
nathansenn (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:20:34 AM

The money was being shifted between BTC and USDT

J_Dubbs2

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:31:38 PM

What's up with Poloniex? I'm stuck in a lockout loop because they think I live in NY. No matter what I select for home state the screen won't proceed. Seeing so many people having no response from their team is highly concerning.
eren-erem18

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:54:06 PM

i am having the same problem as you 

I can not update my profile

your problem solved ?
nathansenn (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:09:43 PM

i am having the same problem as you 

I can not update my profile

your problem solved ?

No still 0 contact from poloniex!

eren-erem18

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:46:34 PM

you are logging in....I do not just pay money.....coin trading available....the only problem is to withdraw money
nathansenn (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:51:19 PM

you are logging in....I do not just pay money.....coin trading available....the only problem is to withdraw money

Yes i can still login and trade just cant withdraw.

nathansenn (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:49:38 AM

Still no update from poloniex!

CostaRibeiro

Activity: 171
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:04:32 AM

Wow, I feel bad about this.
russelluk

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:56:35 AM

The one thing all exchanges need to start thinking about is having some kind of reasonable customers service. It is unacceptable that they all hide behind support tickets and emails. Come on if we want Bitcoins and alts to grow like they should the exchanges have to start providing telephone support and real people to connect to. I wouldn't even mind if I had to pay a small fee for this but right now it is unacceptable. On one exchange I have tried to change my limits and have been waiting 3 months now and all I ever get is an apologetic email stating that due to the high demand there will be a delay in attending to your request. SERIOUSLY !! 3 months. Now this was not Poloniex but it was another large UK based exchange.
nathansenn (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:02:43 AM

I feel like i have been robbed i mean i get their overloaded but to just freeze $400k+ and not even and email seriously

The one thing all exchanges need to start thinking about is having some kind of reasonable customers service. It is unacceptable that they all hide behind support tickets and emails. Come on if we want Bitcoins and alts to grow like they should the exchanges have to start providing telephone support and real people to connect to. I wouldn't even mind if I had to pay a small fee for this but right now it is unacceptable. On one exchange I have tried to change my limits and have been waiting 3 months now and all I ever get is an apologetic email stating that due to the high demand there will be a delay in attending to your request. SERIOUSLY !! 3 months. Now this was not Poloniex but it was another large UK based exchange.

With the amount of money they are making no reason they can hire a decent support

russelluk

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:00:11 AM

I feel like i have been robbed i mean i get their overloaded but to just freeze $400k+ and not even and email seriously

With the amount of money they are making no reason they can hire a decent support

Regulators will force them eventually
Maurice Strong

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:48:58 PM

This is one of the many mismanaged exchanges which have turned rogue. You have Yobit, Bittrex, Poloniex and more on the list.

Then you have the scam angle to consider here. The exchange is run by humans like us, prone to taking what's not rightfully theirs.

The "360k frozen" are just words you see on your screen. Holdings or assets, as the screen shots say. Your actual BTC are now probably paying for someone's lavish lifestyle.

Let's take this to its logical conclusion already. I will since I am seeing no one else do it.

In a free market where there is a LOT of money to be made transacting in cryptocurrencies, why is it that so many cryptocurrency exchanges 1) eventually end up ripping off a large number of the people they service, and 2) end up having extremely terrible customer service that guarantees they are able to easily rip off their customer base?

At this point in history, one would have to be a complete idiot to not realize how much more money is to be made by simply providing quality exchange services. How hard could this possibly be, to run a legitimate business? Look at the profits that Schwab, Fidelity, etc. have. Who wouldn't want to be in the same boat? All of the exchanges out there have this golden opportunity in front of them right now.

So why are literally all of them dropping the ball?

My conclusion is that this is organized and intentional. Many of these exchanges were likely incubated by the same entities. Who else? Venetian "noble" families that have been engaged in usury since the Crusades. Aka, European royal families. Aka, the Fondi, who were originally from Rome. They control the BIS and the 162 private corporate central banks worldwide. They have more than enough money to engage in the creation of millions of these crappy little crypto exchanges.

Consider, too, that several of their central banks are right now developing their own private cryptcurrencies and blockchains. These currencies and central banks will soon be competing with the crappy exchanges that they intentionally incubated and created.

Sure, go out there and make a ton of money in cryptocurrencies. But then guess what? The Fondi-created exchange you are using is going to steal that wealth back from you, courtesy of the Fondi. They can't have folks running around with new wealth, when the UN Agenda 21 plan is global wealth redistribution, communitarianism (aka, communism), and deeper debt slavery among populations.

So, they created the entire paradigm of cryptocurrencies to get the masses excited about the prospect of a cashless society where all financial transactions are tracked to the individual, forever. They created this excitement by ensuring people make quick wealth. Then they steal that wealth back from you via their crappy exchanges.

Then -- the cherry on the cake  -- once you have lost your shirt from having your life savings in cryptos stolen out from under you, they introduce their corporatized central bank cryptos for you to enjoy! No theft, fantastic customer service, and they'll even let you invest in your 401K, tax free. Oh, and let's not forget that these cryptos that you are excited about just destroyed your ability to do any level of financial transactions in private.

How's that for a communist-style dialectic? Rinse, wash, repeat. The masses have fallen for it for the last 1,000 years. Why not 1,000 more?
Maurice Strong

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:17:23 PM

Interesting theory only time will tell whats your thoughts on decentralized exchanges?

I doubt what I wrote above is a "theory," especially since it is happening in front of our eyes right now. JP Morgan also registered a patent 25 years ago for something closely resembling Bitcoin. The Fondi plan their managed society about 150 years in advance.

Decentralized exchanges needed to be created since if the Fondi didn't do it, there would be an organic movement that would -- and anything unmanaged in society is a threat to Fondi control/power. Kind of like my posts here.

Decentralized may intentionally be used as an example of how not to make money in cryptos, since decentralized is essentially along the same philosophical lines as gold and silver. Gold and silver spot prices are completely controlled by the Fondi. They even created GATA to make you believe otherwise. No one is making money in precious metals and won't for a very long time, and by then you would have wished you invested in dog crap, instead. This is how the Fondi teach the masses to not have any faith in anything outside their managed society.

Remember the fake stock market bubble and crash of 2001? It got you to invest in the stock market, and guess how many lost their pants? Same thing for gold and silver. Same thing for real estate. Same thing for crypto currencies. Rinse, wash, repeat. The masses can only see 15 minutes in front of them, and hey, isn't that a football game on the TV?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: