Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:56:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex $360K Frozen $0.00 remaining of $0.00 USD daily limit.  (Read 1471 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
grandkw

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:05:45 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 04:16:51 PM by grandkw

That makes me worried Sad I have deposit issue where they didn't credit funds to my account. However they've admitted their system couldn't handle the way it was transferred to them. I'm missing only about $1000. They're quiet for 7 days. I guess have to say good bye to my money Sad

The worst part is that we are helpless. We can do nothing about that as they simply don't respond
Artzzzz

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:56:19 PM

How is it going ?
NOLA

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:31:09 PM

Time to fly to their office and get answers directly for that type of $$$
nathansenn (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:13:31 PM

I would right now but have been told no one is at that office they have listed

Bitrated user: nathansenn.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:08:23 PM

I would right now but have been told no one is at that office they have listed

Probably not.

Here is more info about the owner. He is a real person actually:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817310.0

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
designium

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:30:06 PM

I'm in the same boat. MUCH lower but they are holding my 1k$
egyptian magician

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:00:07 AM

Any updates, nathansenn?

I bought some altcoins on Poloniex years ago and didn't bother to withdrawal them because it was only $20 USD worth. Fast forward a few years, and now I find that they're worth a substantial amount of money. Nowhere near your balance, but still they have gone up over 100x in value. But yes, like most things of this nature, it is too good to be true.... Of course, I cannot withdrawal the coins because of verification issue and now waiting two weeks with no response from support.

I have not followed digital currency much in the past couple years, but didn't we have a scenario like this with MtGox? I am thinking maybe Poloniex has been hacked or otherwise lost a substantial amount of customer bitcoin, and now is selectively deciding which accounts to credit and which to ignore. The smalltime accounts are credited after a few days, but other accounts are being selectively ignored. They have been circling the toilet drain for months while the leadership buys their dessert-like coffee drinks at Starbucks and prepares to flee the country.
Matt.Garzik

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:01:35 PM

You can send me an E-mail on matt.garzik@gmail.com, I can reach the poloniex support and make its fast. Send your ticket Number for check. To unfrozen your account, we need our supervisor review and approval. Did you make your account verification? Thanks for patience.
nathansenn (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:39:37 AM

Any updates, nathansenn?

I bought some altcoins on Poloniex years ago and didn't bother to withdrawal them because it was only $20 USD worth. Fast forward a few years, and now I find that they're worth a substantial amount of money. Nowhere near your balance, but still they have gone up over 100x in value. But yes, like most things of this nature, it is too good to be true.... Of course, I cannot withdrawal the coins because of verification issue and now waiting two weeks with no response from support.

I have not followed digital currency much in the past couple years, but didn't we have a scenario like this with MtGox? I am thinking maybe Poloniex has been hacked or otherwise lost a substantial amount of customer bitcoin, and now is selectively deciding which accounts to credit and which to ignore. The smalltime accounts are credited after a few days, but other accounts are being selectively ignored. They have been circling the toilet drain for months while the leadership buys their dessert-like coffee drinks at Starbucks and prepares to flee the country.

Still not resolved

Bitrated user: nathansenn.
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:26:15 PM

Well thats the biggest problem with crypto.
You simply can't trade the shit it feels more like you are selling some drugs and from time to time you are getting busted and all the money is gone.

Goooood luck with your Account! Sue them, seriously get a lawyer especially you both are based in US. 
privateking

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:12:47 AM

FYI: i had just verified my account within 2 days . I am easily able to withdraw bitcoin without any issue
LTCbusiness

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:51:51 AM

FYI: i had just verified my account within 2 days . I am easily able to withdraw bitcoin without any issue

How much do you have in your account?

How is your account now Nathansenn?
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:23:05 AM

Over $1m still nothing from poloniex getting lawyers involved now

This is painful to read. Over a million dollars locked away in uncertainty, not knowing if you will ever recover that money again. Some people lose their mind (or even their life!) for far lesser amounts.

Why would you store a million dollars in an exchange wallet if you do not know or control the private keys of that wallet? I understand it’s a trading platform so you need coins or money on that wallet but what I will never understand is storing an entire million bucks in an exchange at any given time. Why not push smaller coin amounts for trading and store the rest on an offline wallet?

Yours is a horror story all crammed in one sentence.

yangb0

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:28:45 AM

You are not alone, I am another victim with more than 190,000 siacoins stuck. Block explore clearly shows my deposit has been done but 0 credit in my account.

http://explore.sia.tech/hashes/95437558571b645df4d2b23876bdd1032b34545dc1368ea1f89fa14dbdb76e5c

Siacoin Transaction Summary
SUMMARY OF TRANSACTION ID
Height   138643
Confirmations   34
Output Reference(s)   
e72901972e8f51863fd147f4d73d5111cf9fa5a8d3941ad2c28300f5d4ca0451
Transaction Value   192,367.18 SC

Clearly a Ponzi scheme, they are using my coins to fulfill others' withdrawals. When I need to withdraw, they will need to wait for others' deposits.

I reckon same bad thing is happening on you.

Are you American citizen btw?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:13:36 PM

You are not alone, I am another victim with more than 190,000 siacoins stuck. Block explore clearly shows my deposit has been done but 0 credit in my account.

http://explore.sia.tech/hashes/95437558571b645df4d2b23876bdd1032b34545dc1368ea1f89fa14dbdb76e5c

Siacoin Transaction Summary
SUMMARY OF TRANSACTION ID
Height   138643
Confirmations   34
Output Reference(s)   
e72901972e8f51863fd147f4d73d5111cf9fa5a8d3941ad2c28300f5d4ca0451
Transaction Value   192,367.18 SC

Clearly a Ponzi scheme, they are using my coins to fulfill others' withdrawals. When I need to withdraw, they will need to wait for others' deposits.

I reckon same bad thing is happening on you.

Are you American citizen btw?

This happens all the time, not just for SIA. Open a support ticket, they are not a ponzi scheme.  Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
travisbone5

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 05:43:01 PM

Was this ever fucking resolved? Crazy shit.
Bonez0r

Activity: 141
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:36:23 PM

Since this thread was necroed anyway, might as well reply Tongue
The screenshot says "verification status: pending review". So it's clearly a verification problem. Maybe they have strengthened their KYC/AML procedures and you need to send them documents? Also this was during the height of the 2017 bull run, they really were swamped, getting hundreds of thousands of new users that had to be reviewed. So I'm not surprised they didn't respond. All exchanges had that problem around that time.

But was the problem ever resolved?
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 10:37:25 PM

Hey did anyone withdrew from poloniex recently? I'm waiting a withdrawal that I submitted for an address that I never used before and I read that it could be a problem is that true? Do they have any problems?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: