Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:46:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy vs Decentralization vs Scaling  (Read 233 times)
elutzen (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:15:16 AM

It seems like the three main developments happening in currencies involve privacy, decentralization, or scaling.

Which of these developments are going to see the greatest growth in the next upcoming months?
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:20:43 AM

It seems like the three main developments happening in currencies involve privacy, decentralization, or scaling.

Which of these developments are going to see the greatest growth in the next upcoming months?
But i will not choose once from your list, As you can see a lot of platform are in competition to develop eht future platform that gives you true decentralization, high privacy and anyone will not able to trace your transaction. And the last will be scaling solution, that means if the network will not so easy to be bloated caused by a lot of the trasaction already made by thousand or million users.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:06:47 AM

sadly these two are not related!

the "growth" among altcoins is based on pump and dumps. believe it or not the biggest growth always belongs to the most pumped or most manipulated altcoin. they even have as big as 5000% rise in one month. that is ridiculous amount of profit. so if you want "greatest growth" or biggest pumps then you have to find  such coins and invest in them before their start of pump.

the development should logically be the reason for a rise or growth but since we are talking about altcoins, in reality it is not the reason although it helps the altcoins in long term. for example good altcoins such as Monero that is the best privacy coin stays up in long term and even grows because of it. but you can't expect big pumps like %5000 from these coins. specially since their prices are already high.

Buying the dip...
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

@elutzen. If you asked the same question 2 years ago, many posts would say scaling. Scalability would be nice but we have seen that privacy and real decentralization should be more important so that a cryptocoin will be free from government control and free from government surveillance.

There other advantages coming from privacy and decentralization but those 2 are the most important, I reckon.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:48:08 AM

In my opinion it's going to be privacy and scaling.

We've seen how anonymous based coins such as ZCash and Monero can be hyped but that has been around a year now. ZCash is on a steady decline and around 5% of its value when it first launched and was traded on coinbase. Monero has experienced nowhere near as much profits as other coins.

That's why i feel like XMR and ZCash, even Zcoin or Dash will make an impact next year.

i-synthestech

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:06:47 AM

I suppose it may be scaling and privacy,
now all tend to perform anonymous transactions
people want to have something private and not to be haunted
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:32:08 AM

According to me it is privacy not being decentralised would mean the coin would be dead some day because btc itself is decentralised so developers not focusing on this feature wouldn't make any sense.
I say privacy because of all the bans on btc lately now not ever single investor is coward like chinese he will surely find a way to not get under the radar of government privacy will play a really important factor.
YuurinBee

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 09:11:34 AM

I believe we are headed into the direction of all of those being equally important... maybe now they have to be separate or different focuses - but I believe soon there will be one encompassing all... - because that is adaptation

MetaBrands Discord: https://discord.gg/metabrands
MetaBrands Telegram: https://t.me/metabrands
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: