Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:19:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what if ico lie  (Read 699 times)
mostcrack (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:06:18 AM

If there is ico who does not pay what will you do?

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
hi.color

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:01:22 AM

Too many ico
There are a lot of cheats in it
Prudent investment Shocked Shocked Shocked
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:33:04 AM

Fortunately, I am yet to be stung by ICO's not paying out after investment, but I can understand the frustration, as I have been scammed in other ways (producing designs and not being paid).

Unfortunately, there is not really much that can be done, or at least that is my understanding, you just have to be as careful as possible and do as much due diligence as possible before investing in any ICO.

I know this might not help much, but we have all been burnt before and hopefully, it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,

-Untold

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:41:50 AM

More ICOs today are lying and nothing but scam. They're jist trying to get attention and open for investors but the case is when they fail, they're suddenly gone like bubbles.
Because Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto currency Cores are open-source and can be get from github and develop on anything you want and launch it as if legit promising ICO that compete existing coins today but the issue is they have no actual backbone team for development, support and marketing.

btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:46:04 AM

Yeah no more ICO's for me..

If you want a buying tip right now I think PIVX is about to take off!  Have a look at https://www.pivx.org for more info.

Super fast confirming 100% Proof of Stake with Masternodes, self funding and voting governance.  100% private currency.  

It's pretty cool, check it out before the price goes up, they have a big public splash planned now that the wallet is back on Bittrex and Zero Coin is here.  Grin
BigBos

Activity: 1918
Merit: 448

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:53:05 AM

it means a scam, and that is a risk for bounty hunter. well, there are many things like that, in fact, there are some ico who distribute the coins to bounty hunter not match the amount distributed. but, that's all a risk to me.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:58:14 AM

nothing, you cant do about it. all you gotta do is report them and open a scam accussation thread so that dt members can tag them with red paint. thats why i suggest , do your own research about that ico if you want to join them or before joining them in order to save yourself from a possible scam attempt because these days there were more reports of ico that is turning in to scam and they wont likely pay for your hard work.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:04:11 AM

You really can't do anything tho. Once you know that your ICO that you have invested in is a scam, its already too late. The money that you invested is lost forever. If you don't want to get scam you need to be as careful as possible because there's now alot of scam ICO lurking in the internet.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:06:03 AM

If ICO lie to you then say goodbye to the effort that you have help in their crowdfunding Campaign and don't expect to get anything from them, well there are possibility that an ICO will not give you anything and I think if that ICO's project doesn't succeed and their money cap doesn't reach the level of raise they need that will be the time that an ICO will not pay you with the promise amount, or if they did reach the market cap they are raising and not payed with the right amount needed I think a scam accusation is needed to be filed
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:10:02 AM

There is nothing we can do if ico we follow a scam. It's our own fault, because we are not alert and our analysis is not right. All investments have risks, so we must be smart to choose between good projects and scam.
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

There is risk in every business and ICOs is not left in this situation. If one ICOs fail ,there are many that are trusted out there only you have to study these ICOs before you invest.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:53:50 AM

first,find infomation about team, and give red trust in bitcointalk, and then collect data about the team deception information, it will be a good commodity in next time .
kingtoixo

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:05:40 AM

Of course, it can happen. It's an investment so it has a risk and as higher are their rewards, higher are them
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

not much you can do when you've been scammed, just report and warn others after that. always good to do research before committing.
kamina87

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:16:48 AM

I see the projects don't pay, most of those projects are scam. I just started investing in 2 projects and both projects paid me full as they announced to investors.

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:33:46 AM

What do you mean if they do not pay?

ICOs do not proomise you anything. All they promise you is a set amount of tokens that you are going to get in exchange for your investment in their project. Just like any investment in anything there is a risk and that is why you do your research before investing.

If you make it out with a loss out of an ICO, either dump the coin take the loss, or wait till a pump.
mark781

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:37:19 AM

... take the loss, and  jump in the next bounty.
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:41:38 AM

Than you have been scammed by the ICO. But its ok, its good losing money bcs that makes you learn.
Next time you won't get scammed that easily thats it.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:44:45 AM

There is good and bad.

I really do beleive that 99% of ICO's have good intentions.

Bad planning makes them fail - nothing else.
mostcrack (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:47:57 AM

There is good and bad.

I really do beleive that 99% of ICO's have good intentions.

Bad planning makes them fail - nothing else.
If there is ico scam, where can I report it? Will there be any special action?

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: