Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:45:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: electrum for BTG  (Read 624 times)
djukica666 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:34:58 AM

anyone tested that electrum for BTG? is it safe?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:07:42 AM

nothing about bitcoin gold (BTG) is ready. how do you think someone could make an Electrum wallet for something that is not yet ready?
they are still working on mining algorithm to change PoW to EquiHash and it is not yet finished. they merged a new PR 11 hours ago about this and as far as i can tell neither this nor the replay protection nor the premine is finished.

anything you see as Electrum for BTG is a big ass SCAM without a doubt.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
djukica666 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:20:26 AM

that's why I asked. cos that web page to me looks like a scam site.
I just hope that vising it didn't do something. ESET didn't activate nothing.
thanks.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:15:38 AM

The only official wallets listed on their site are freewallet, guarda and coinomi. No mentions of an electrum for BTG whatsoever and even a google search of it wouldn't come up with anything. They don't even have a block explorer yet.

Since the project is still incomplete i wouldn't be surprised if price starts to instacrash once everyone actually gets access to their BTG.

But yeah, if you see any wallet claiming they can split your BTG, it's likely a scam trying to steal your private keys unless the official site says otherwise.

ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:06:56 AM

thanks.
You should stay away. If electrum is listing BTG you would have gotten a notification or you can just go directly to their site to find the information. Moreover, it would have been listed on the BTG website itself, btcgpu.org which is the only place you can get information. However, I would be careful just distributing my private key just in any wallet and it is best you transfer your BTC to another wallet first before doing that.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1164

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:09:03 AM

thanks.
You should stay away. If electrum is listing BTG you would have gotten a notification or you can just go directly to their site to find the information. Moreover, it would have been listed on the BTG website itself, btcgpu.org which is the only place you can get information. However, I would be careful just distributing my private key just in any wallet and it is best you transfer your BTC to another wallet first before doing that.
We should be careful the kind of websites you visit and drop your private key. As long as you did not input any information yet and you apparently did not download or install anything from the site, then you should be good. BTG is really a coin you should remove your mind from for now.

No one including the dev seems to be talking about it for now and it seems pretty much like a dead coin already.
If chances are you can get it later, then you can try a much more valid wallet or make use of the ones listed on their site. Even at that, I will want to check the reviews of those listed wallets first before I do anything.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:35:25 AM

As far my knowledge there is no official wallets or recommendable wallets out there . People who kept BTC in hitbtc or Yobit they are enjoying the freecoin and they trading i got  very few BTC in Hitbtc for that i got some Free BTG i already sold that for BTC.
djukica666 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:41:22 AM

I didn't do nothing on that web page. just opened the main page to see and the first thing in my mind was that it's fake.

anyway If I install another electrum (for BTC) on another machine (VM), I send my BTC there I can use the seed from the first electrum/wallet to reclaim BTG one day when some wallet is available right? I would like to do this before B2x fork.

P.S. If I continue to send BTC to the first electrum wallet, that will not create some problems with claiming BTG one day right? It's just that BTC deposited there after the BTG fork will not be "used" to generate BTG?

regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: