Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase account hacked? Has this happened to anyone?  (Read 4794 times)
31337157 (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:49:03 AM

Here is the address they were sent to: 1Jc7t3Cyi8tFEnEjdMRCU11UhBMnjCP9S3

Well, can't be a mistake. Someone is actively spending those funds.

Best of luck on this.

I very much appreciate the help! Thank you for the words, Coinbase has just recently responded and is taking a look at what happened.
31337157 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:51:06 AM

I apologize for the comment above, wasn't anything malicious.

42BTC was stole? That is scary. Someone has infected your computer without a doubt if your pw was what you are saying and 2nd auth was in place.

I truly feel sorry for you. Was there any new sites you used or members links you clicked?

No hard feelings, I didn't take it in the wrong way at all. I have most definitely scanned for any sort of malicious software and haven't heard a peep. My system is clean and I do not actively browse while I am trading (especially today, I didnt even have a chance with those sell offs!)

I am hoping to get a better idea over/after the weekend once coinbase has had a chance to take a look at what went down.
Burdy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:06:05 AM

42BTC was stole? That is scary. Someone has infected your computer without a doubt if your pw was what you are saying and 2nd auth was in place.

I truly feel sorry for you. Was there any new sites you used or members links you clicked?

No hard feelings, I didn't take it in the wrong way at all. I have most definitely scanned for any sort of malicious software and haven't heard a peep. My system is clean and I do not actively browse while I am trading (especially today, I didnt even have a chance with those sell offs!)

I am hoping to get a better idea over/after the weekend once coinbase has had a chance to take a look at what went down.

Well good luck with this overall. I know I would have broken my monitor if this happened to me.

Maybe this is the perfect time for coinbase to build some great publicity and refund at least partially what was stolen.
31337157 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:14:10 AM

Well good luck with this overall. I know I would have broken my monitor if this happened to me.

Maybe this is the perfect time for coinbase to build some great publicity and refund at least partially what was stolen.

I really appreciate it. I actively browse here on bitcointalk and haven't heard anything like this happening so it was the first place I wanted to ask. I can't imagine I would be the only one, but this may very well be the case. I would never wish this experience on anyone else in the first place!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:04:37 AM

I really appreciate it. I actively browse here on bitcointalk and haven't heard anything like this happening so it was the first place I wanted to ask. I can't imagine I would be the only one, but this may very well be the case. I would never wish this experience on anyone else in the first place!

I feel you! If it makes you feel any better, I've sent multiple tickets to CB to better understand policies and such, and they have been awesome at explaining things thoroughly and being patient with me.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
31337157 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:40:58 AM

I feel you! If it makes you feel any better, I've sent multiple tickets to CB to better understand policies and such, and they have been awesome at explaining things thoroughly and being patient with me.

Right on, thank you. I am really happy to be a part of the community here, I can't thank everyone enough for the help and support. That news definitely puts me at ease a bit more, I have no doubt they'll be able to get to the bottom of this.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:02:47 AM

Right on, thank you. I am really happy to be a part of the community here, I can't thank everyone enough for the help and support. That news definitely puts me at ease a bit more, I have no doubt they'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

No problem. I hope everything gets resolved with your issue, Smiley.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:10:04 PM

I'm happy your problem has been solved.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:54:18 PM

He never said it's been solved, :p. He just feels better knowing that they are trusted by some of us.

31337157 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:19:58 AM

He never said it's been solved, :p. He just feels better knowing that they are trusted by some of us.

Yeah, nothing has been solved yet, but I'll definitely post an update as soon as I hear something back.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:54:57 PM

Yeah, nothing has been solved yet, but I'll definitely post an update as soon as I hear something back.

Thanks! Did you send in an email using the online ticketing system?

denri

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:24:21 PM

no , my Coinbase account is ok.
DanzoFriend

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:38:20 PM

10.399 bitcoins of mine disappeared too. I had two factor authentication on as well. They were sent to an external account even before the receipt of the coins had switch from pending to complete. Here's a screen shot,

http://postimg.org/image/i5tojn2wt/full/
floatyfish

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:17:50 PM

10.399 bitcoins of mine disappeared too. I had two factor authentication on as well. They were sent to an external account even before the receipt of the coins had switch from pending to complete. Here's a screen shot,

That's unfortunate, hope it gets fixed quickly!

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
31337157 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:33:52 AM

This is exactly what happened to me. I have been able to hear back from Coinbase and they have been extremely helpful, here is the latest news I received:

We've now discovered that this is a software bug, and that your bitcoin was not stolen. However, we're still trying to figure out how this happened. Thanks for bearing with us while we figure this out!
DanzoFriend

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:32:59 AM

This is exactly what happened to me. I have been able to hear back from Coinbase and they have been extremely helpful, here is the latest news I received:

We've now discovered that this is a software bug, and that your bitcoin was not stolen. However, we're still trying to figure out how this happened. Thanks for bearing with us while we figure this out!

Thank you for posting this! I hope I'm in the same basket
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:22:03 AM

It's great to know they got back to you and that this wasn't too big of a problem (erm... I guess it kind of is, but they seem to have it under control).

They're still trying to resolve the email spam though, and as far as I can tell that's been going on for over a month, Sad.

DanzoFriend

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:33:52 PM

I've since heard back from Coinbase. They told me this was a software error. A few hours later they credited my account for the full amount of BTC plus about 10 bucks worth extra to compensate me for the inconvenience.

That was unpleasant, but they do have very nice customer service
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:36:25 PM

They told me this was a software error.

Scary.  Hopefully it was to an internal address.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

kylemigs

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:47:48 PM

Ugh that does not sound good. sorry to hear about that...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: