Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:59:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining Profitability  (Read 247 times)
NeonFlash (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:32:42 AM

The site, fork.lol allows us to see the Bitcoin Mining Profitability based on fees, exchange price and mining difficulty and compare it with Bitcoin Cash mining profitability.

I wanted to know how exactly is this value calculated? What are the implications of it on the price of the coin?

So, if BCH is more profitable to mine then the overall Network Hash Rate in BCH will increase as more miners would switch from BTC to BCH mining. And with the increase in Network Hash rate, this would result in increasing the mining difficulty.

I want to understand how we can relate the Mining Profitability of BTC and BCH to the price of the coin.

Thanks.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:37:52 AM

The site, fork.lol allows us to see the Bitcoin Mining Profitability based on fees, exchange price and mining difficulty and compare it with Bitcoin Cash mining profitability.

I wanted to know how exactly is this value calculated? What are the implications of it on the price of the coin?

So, if BCH is more profitable to mine then the overall Network Hash Rate in BCH will increase as more miners would switch from BTC to BCH mining. And with the increase in Network Hash rate, this would result in increasing the mining difficulty.

I want to understand how we can relate the Mining Profitability of BTC and BCH to the price of the coin.

Thanks.
Its sort of balancing itself out. Profitability is calculated based on difficulty and coin price. For example when certan groups want to attact BTC in the last few weeks they would just pump the price of BCH and miners would switch. Difficulty would increase after some time and they switch back to BTC with lowered difficulty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: