Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:12:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Explanation of how bitcoin works for the regular people  (Read 444 times)
aoiaao

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:50:54 AM

Of course that you can teach bitcoin easily to those people who were well introduced to the new technologies, it was difficult to teach my dad how to use a smartphone, but now he knows what bitcoin is and how it works, and he knows how to trade..
But it is difficult to teach bitcoin directly to those who does not even know how to use a smartphone or a laptop, it is almost impossible.
You only have to tell them that it is digital money, and that it can be cashed out.. this is the only way to make them think about it.

account hacked
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:36:11 PM

Nice video thanks for sharing with us.
It pretty much simplified the trust based system.
But someone in the video said 2027 bitcoin will be all over the place.
What do you think about that?

2027 is ten years from now. If the adoption rate continues to grow with the current rates, i think we will see widespread usage even sooner. True change will happen once the scalability issue is addressed in the proper way and fees become cheaper.

The adoption rate in itself might stop at some point if we don't properly address the scalability issues and so i think 10 years uis too far a time  for them not to have had a solution for this problem and if they do i bet the rate of adoption will certainly increase and the change will begin.
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:54:37 PM

Nice video thanks for sharing with us.
It pretty much simplified the trust based system.
But someone in the video said 2027 bitcoin will be all over the place.
What do you think about that?

2027 is ten years from now. If the adoption rate continues to grow with the current rates, i think we will see widespread usage even sooner. True change will happen once the scalability issue is addressed in the proper way and fees become cheaper.

The adoption rate in itself might stop at some point if we don't properly address the scalability issues and so i think 10 years uis too far a time  for them not to have had a solution for this problem and if they do i bet the rate of adoption will certainly increase and the change will begin.

I'm not sure if we really like wide spread adoption, these types of adoption where bitcoin is practically everywhere may invite unnecessary or unwanted attention for instance regulation and taxation. Sometimes adoption is not always a good thing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: