Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voltages not important!?  (Read 178 times)
twicx (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:53:56 PM

I read on the interweb somewhere that when overclocking/undervolting, changing memory voltages has little or no effect on overall power draw, and that its only the clock voltages that really lower power draw. Is this true?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:11:51 PM

I read on the interweb somewhere that when overclocking/undervolting, changing memory voltages has little or no effect on overall power draw, and that its only the clock voltages that really lower power draw. Is this true?

Voltage matters in mining dude. If the PSU want to work well we need to voltage supply should be standard to manage your mining works perfectly.
There are the various psu available in the market but you have to choose right which suits for miner. Then it will works better without any jam.
twicx (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:22:00 PM

Cheers for the input. It's not the PSU I'm worried about, it's actually in terms of overclocking/undervolting.

I've been having a lot of difficulty in getting my overclock/undervolt settings to stick. Here's what I've tried:
1. Blockchain drivers, OC/UV with wattman. Problem is that EthDcr64.bat profile doesn't apply. Have to manually set voltages AFTER mining software is started, even if I use global settings in wattman.
2. Blockchain drivers, OC/UV with Watttool, OverdriveN, Afterburner. None of them apply voltages.
3. Newest drivers, OC/UV with Watttool after setting mode to Compute. This is the most promising, but can't adjust Mem voltages, only clock voltages.

Each time, I'm using DDU in safe mode, pixel patcher, reboot. STILL REVERTING TO STUPID ASS VOLTAGES.

Also, voltages have been modded in bios too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: