Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the mods getting paid from this forum?  (Read 10695 times)
Burdy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:27:28 AM

Would be interesting to see how the good ol' IRS sees this non-owner and not an official nonprofit forum structure but now a bunch of mods admitted and claimed btc addresses receiving income to themselves.

to my knowledge none of the forum owners or hosting occurs in the US, so its probably exempt to the laws of the IRS

Could apply to a few users most likely but really doubt anyone will hear anything unless the get reported.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:30:28 AM

Would be interesting to see how the good ol' IRS sees this non-owner and not an official nonprofit forum structure but now a bunch of mods admitted and claimed btc addresses receiving income to themselves.

to my knowledge none of the forum owners or hosting occurs in the US, so its probably exempt to the laws of the IRS
thats actually pleasant to hear

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:00:26 AM

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/contact-us

Where are you located?
We are located in the US. [...]

LONDON TRUST MEDIA, INC.
2885 Sanford Ave SW
Suite 20138
Grandville, MI 49418

If under subpoena, PrivateInternetAccess.com may release data in order to comply with legal obligations or in order to enforce the PrivateInternetAccess.com Terms of Service and/or other agreements.
PrivateInternetAccess.com may release data in order to protect the rights, property and/or safety of PrivateInternetAccess.com, its constituents, and/or other visitors and clients.

Yes, I know this is about the VPN they are offering but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave in under pressure for some content on this forum (e.g. the Securities or the Gambling section).

Signature space available for rent.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:05:15 AM

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/contact-us

Where are you located?
We are located in the US. [...]

LONDON TRUST MEDIA, INC.
2885 Sanford Ave SW
Suite 20138
Grandville, MI 49418

If under subpoena, PrivateInternetAccess.com may release data in order to comply with legal obligations or in order to enforce the PrivateInternetAccess.com Terms of Service and/or other agreements.
PrivateInternetAccess.com may release data in order to protect the rights, property and/or safety of PrivateInternetAccess.com, its constituents, and/or other visitors and clients.

Yes, I know this is about the VPN they are offering but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave in under pressure for some content on this forum (e.g. the Securities or the Gambling section).

Good thing the world datacenters aren't ALL in the US, then...
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:07:48 AM

Yeah, I know about that, but do you know in which country the server that hosts this forum is located?

edit: seems to be NL but if the company is US-based that might not be enough

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:19:14 AM

Yeah, I know about that, but do you know in which country the server that hosts this forum is located?

So, what will they do? Arrest everyone? Like they did with Pirate and all the other american scammers?
oh, wait...  Roll Eyes

You guys sure like to bend over to the US gubermint... Need vaseline?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:29:02 AM

If this forum is just a business, one that has deceptive business practices and misrepresents their intentions, then there is no reason to support the business any longer.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:34:59 AM

If this forum is just a business, one that has deceptive business practices and misrepresents their intentions, then there is no reason to support the business any longer.

The exact same answer you should've gotten everytime you came to this forum to present your crazy business ideas.
Oh, well, you can always go back to your friend Vladimirs' forum.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:38:30 AM

So, what will they do? Arrest everyone? Like they did with Pirate and all the other american scammers?
oh, wait...  Roll Eyes

Not now but who knows what they come up with in the future.

You guys sure like to bend over to the US gubermint... Need vaseline?

No, I'm not that type of person and I'm glad that I don't live there and don't have to hear people worrying with any PhinSen crap etc.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:39:07 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 10:50:29 AM by Matthew N. Wright

The exact same answer you should've gotten everytime you came to this forum to present your crazy business ideas.

I've never been involved in "deceptive business practices", and whatever mistakes my companies or I have made, I've always made up for them, keeping transparency and customer interests above my own.

Vladimir's integrity matches Theymos' in this instance. I wouldn't want to have a forum with either one of them in charge any longer. In the past 2 years I've learned that despite my constant mistakes and few manic episodes, I have more integrity than most of the people I've worked with. Many of the "leaders" in this community have fallen to greed, are slaves to paranoia, cannot accept criticism or admit their faults and mistakes, and continue to try and excuse their shady business practices in any way that benefits them.

This last episode, finding out that BFL ad money goes to pay moderators who are kicked out for mocking BFL and are not able to give BFL a scammer tag, is just one of a long history of accepted acts pf corruption. Eventually everyone will need to stand up for what they believe in and ask questions, and for me that was this week. Rather than dismiss everything as being ramblings of jealous people, why not ask yourself what you have to lose from accusations being true?

All I can see is more evidence that his community needs to start seriously considering developing an actual non-profit forum of its own aside from this business.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:53:23 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 11:41:19 AM by psy

I've never been involved in "deceptive business practices", and whatever mistakes my companies or I have made, I've always made up for them, keeping transparency and customer interests above my own.

Vladimir's integrity matches Theymos' in this instance. I wouldn't want to have a forum with either one of them in charge any longer. In the past 2 years I've learned that despite my constant mistakes and few manic episodes, I have more integrity than most of the people I've worked with. Many of the "leaders" in this community have fallen to greed, are slaves to paranoia, cannot accept criticism or admit their faults and mistakes, and continue to try and excuse their shady business practices in any way that benefits them.

I still remember some Ellet vaporware that magically appeared the same day the bitcoincard thing was announced. Where's the Ellet, Matt? Posting about vaporware and how well it was going just to screw up a potential competitor screams of deceptive business practices and misrepresentation to me.
You're still here, and hell, most people would still do business with you, despite whatever they say contrary to that. I think you should be thankful not everyone is so unforgiving as you.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:01:51 AM

I still remember some Ellet vaporware that magically appeared the same day the bitcoincard thing was announced.
The Ellet was being designed 3 months before "Bitcoincard" ever made any announcements. There were 3 prototypes, each smaller and sleeker than the previous. One prototype video was put up on Youtube as well, but but funding had been a problem (costs about a million bucks for a run of 50,000 of them). With the advances of technology and taking what we learned since then, the old Ellet model no longer makes sense (Apple and Google will end up capturing that market themselves). There were thousands of dollars invested into the Ellet by generous people in the community. Despite being defrauded and spending most of the funds on development of prototypes and design by the company, I personally paid back each and every investor out of my own pocket. Talk about integrity.

Posting about vaporware and how well it was going just to screw up a potential competitor screams of deceptive business practices and misrepresentation to me.
Ironically, that is what "Bitcoincard" did. Where is their product? And yes, I agree that my presentation was off (I seem to remember apologizing for that publicly too).

You're still here, and hell, most people would still do business with you, despite whatever they say contrary to that. I think you should be thankful not everyone is so unforgivable as you.
If you mean "unforgiving", I am thankful there are sane people (mostly), but that doesn't stop me from constantly pushing for something better. Integrity does not take a vacation when you are not affected personally by something. Real integrity calls you to seek out and shed light on deception and corruption. You have always seemed like a rebel of sorts, disinterested in being a part of a corrupt system. In this instance however, it seems you're defending the corruption (Maged too). It's disappointing to me that a normal user of the forum needs to call this out, and that other moderators who make waves are kicked out.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:33:34 AM

If you mean "unforgiving"
oops, that's it. Smiley

other moderators who make waves are kicked out.

wait, wut? who? I hope you're not talking about DiabloD3, because his behaviour went way past "making waves".
AFAIK, "making waves" is still allowed and welcomed in here, as long as you don't use your moderation powers to only get your view out and silence any other opposite views.

Truth is, there will never be a point in time when everybody is happy. We all have our own views on what is right and wrong, etc..
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:36:58 AM

We all have our own views on what is right and wrong, etc..

This this this. Frequently there are situations where you will have to annoy / piss off either group A or group B. BFL ads is a good one - ban BFL ads, 'censorship'. Don't ban BFL ads, support 'scams'.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:40:18 AM

I'm amazed to see that this forum doesn't have any privacy policy, not even a set of rules & regulations.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:19:24 PM

Please back up your claim and get the fuck out. You will not be missed. However I bet you are just trolling.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:22:15 PM

Please back up your claim and get the fuck out. You will not be missed. However I bet you are just trolling.
Both of you.
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:25:49 PM

Pot calling the kettle black?

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:49:17 PM

Someone who can't shut down a site clearly doesn't own it, wouldn't you say?

So you're saying the US government owns this site?

Wat?

How in the world did you think that was a logical response?

you give him to much credit.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:58:49 PM

Pot calling the kettle black?

He would say no.

I've never been involved in "deceptive business practices"

I've noticed. He seems to honestly think he's fooling people... or just in denial.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: