Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:38:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-31] Bitcoin's Price Climbs Above $6,400 to Hit All-Time High  (Read 2325 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:32:33 PM

The price of bitcoin has hit an all-time high, crossing $6,400 for the first time.

According to data from the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (BPI), the price reached an average of $6,415.28 across global exchanges at roughly 14:00 UTC today. On Oct. 29, the price of bitcoin rose to $6,306.58, a move that came just over a week after markets moved above $6,000 for the first time.

Data shows markets have consistently traded above this level since Oct. 29. Overall, the price is up more than 500 percent since the start of the year, having begun trading below $1,000.

Today's climb also represents a gain of more than $200 in 24-hour trading, per data from the BPI, bringing bitcoin's market capitalization to roughly $106 billion.

At press time, bitcoin is trading at $6,381.07, a gain of about 4.2 percent on the day.

Other top-10 cryptocurrencies (by market capitalization) have seen mixed results in terms of trading, including a notable decline in bitcoin cash. As reported by CoinDesk, the cryptocurrency's price has been trending down in the run-up to a planned technical change.

Source: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-price-climbs-6300-hit-time-high/
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:55:20 PM

I am very happy with the value of Bitcoin nowadays because it gives value to my money. I am hopeful this will continue for a long time so as to help investors like myself in spreading the word of how true Bitcoins are. It is the only way we can be assured of its growth and recognition because when they see a success story, it is when they believe. People have to see first, before they believe. Hence, I wanted to do the same.

Just that, to be honest, it does not matter if they believe in Bitcoins or not. What matters is the demand on Bitcoins remain high even within a small circle -- because it is that -- that gives Bitcoins value.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:17:25 PM

Oh my God! Yesterday there was also a new price's record and I cashed out everything I had. But Bitcoin continued to climb up! Now I am a little bit regret about my move, I really thou flight that after a new record, yesterday's one, the price will fall down cause of there will be tons if us who will sell at this point, but no.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:30:28 PM

Oh my God! Yesterday there was also a new price's record and I cashed out everything I had. But Bitcoin continued to climb up! Now I am a little bit regret about my move, I really thou flight that after a new record, yesterday's one, the price will fall down cause of there will be tons if us who will sell at this point, but no.
Nothing to worry about. Don't worry. I am sure that very soon we will see a retracement back to around $ 6,000. I just don't understand why you sold so early. The price is just beginning to grow and I am sure that you need to sell is only when she is close to 7000 dollars. I think it would be next week.
djimbim0

Activity: 109
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:04:52 PM

Nothing to worry about. Don't worry. I am sure that very soon we will see a retracement back to around $ 6,000. I just don't understand why you sold so early. The price is just beginning to grow and I am sure that you need to sell is only when she is close to 7000 dollars. I think it would be next week.

It seems to me that the price will immediately fall, and then it will grow to 7000 - 8000  dollars. But, maybe I'm wrong. Analysts said that November will be a difficult month for bitcoin

MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:14:59 PM

Yeah, it is next to impossible to call the top of this current bull-run. The cryptomarket is simply bananas at this moment with BTC being seemingly unstoppable while crushing alts in the process.

I'm not surprised though about the declining value of Bitcoin Cash. BTC Gold will probably face the same scenario quite soon.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:08:47 PM

You obviously don't know how this market works and what the effect is of the currently very strong positive sentiment and demand. I never understand why people decide to cash out everything at once. You should always stick to cashing out smaller portions of your coins. If you sell like 10% of your coins (or a higher percentage), and the price goes up even more (like what happened in your situation), then you will have enough coins sitting in your wallet to sell at a later point. It's a very simple way of not letting yourself depend on just the market to go down, but yet people don't seem to know how to put it into practice.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:17:10 PM

The highest price I've seen 12 hours ago was $6412, but it's stated new ATH reach an averageof $6415 across global exchanges.
But, it can't stand for a long time, just few minutes and then declined again. However, current price still above $6386 which is a good sign that bitcoin price may increase even further today, we may see $6500 today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if something really influence people to buy bitcoin, maybe a news about China Government will allow cryptocurrency trading or people aims to get more btc1 after hard fork on 16 November.
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:06:17 AM

I stopped spending my BTC about 6 months ago.  Rather than selling/circulating coins I am using fiat for anything I need now.  My fiat pays almost no percentage return compared to BTC.  I used to spend often but now I am a hoarder.  Its tough to spend when you feel that a coin will be worth so much more in a few years.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: