Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:45:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CONTEST] KRAKEN.COM - 1 Week Trial Mode Top Trader Tournament - 10 BTC Prize  (Read 8100 times)
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:13:12 PM

disabling mtgox data was extremely stupid

Because?

do i really need to explain this ?

because the low of price went to 30 that means your contest is pointless if one make dozens of account push the price down and go long at 30 then maker a push up to 150

Yea this guy has a point. With a little work someone could manipulate this market so easily because it's so few people in it and in the process take all three prizes.
could ? is already done

Yup.  That's part of the game.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:18:39 PM

Yup.  That's part of the game.

Ok but are the signups now disabled for good? I would highly suggest you make the market data from gox because this isnt a competition of who can trade the best but who can manipulate this puny market the best.

btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:28:54 PM

Ok but are the signups now disabled for good? I would highly suggest you make the market data from gox because this isnt a competition of who can trade the best but who can manipulate this puny market the best.

No, signups are not disabled.  You can create as many accounts as you want.  Not sure how being a good trader and market manipulator are mutually exclusive.  Even within a mature market, you'd want to do both to the extent possible.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:43:06 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 07:12:47 PM by SoggyLettuce

No, signups are not disabled.  You can create as many accounts as you want.  Not sure how being a good trader and market manipulator are mutually exclusive.  Even within a mature market, you'd want to do both to the extent possible.

http://imgur.com/JbM4QSr Signups are down

With this immature market I can create a new account and buy out all of the sell orders until I get to mine and basically fund my first account with a couple of accounts to take out the sell walls since their isn't that many users. If this was actual trading people wouldn't waste new money to garuntee one of their accounts a portion of that money. It would be a net loss on all accounts except for the one.

Also you never answered my questions about a 1 btc fee I had earlier in the thread...can you look at that?
fishy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:38:37 PM

Whoo! Market Manipulation!
Just sold some BTC at $1 a piece!  Who's gonna get it?
 Smiley
Just curious, how does Mt. Gox prevent this?
Or is it just that we are more careless with our play money?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
fishy

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:39:33 PM

No, signups are not disabled.  You can create as many accounts as you want.  Not sure how being a good trader and market manipulator are mutually exclusive.  Even within a mature market, you'd want to do both to the extent possible.

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to say I agree with the above statement...  Wink

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:50:05 PM

Just sold some BTC at $1 a piece!  Who's gonna get it?
 Smiley

What do you mean??

If you want to sell btc at a dollar a piece go right ahead. Mt Gox doesn't get cases like this because people are dealing with real assets while we have monopoly money. Here you can get the equivalent of about 15k by pressing a few buttons. The real market isn't like that.
fishy

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:58:38 PM

What do you mean??

If you want to sell btc at a dollar a piece go right ahead. Mt Gox doesn't get cases like this because people are dealing with real assets while we have monopoly money. Here you can get the equivalent of about 15k by pressing a few buttons. The real market isn't like that.

It's play money. Let's have fun while we can!  Smiley

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:22:32 PM

What do you mean??

It's play money but that does not detract from the fact that this is a competition with 10btc at stake.
fishy

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:25:09 PM

What do you mean??

It's play money but that does not detract from the fact that this is a competition with 10btc at stake.

It doesn't matter about the 10 BTC or not, this exchange looks good and probably succeed with my playing!

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:43:19 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 09:31:49 PM by myself

Just sold some BTC at $1 a piece!  Who's gonna get it?
 Smiley
basically because your fake money dont affect the market so even if you make  9000 accounts sell 200 fake BTC with each account the mtgox ticker will be still 101 so you cant use 8999 accounts to transfer the fake moneys to 1 account and win the contest

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 10:18:19 PM

Sign ups are still down as you can see http://imgur.com/JbM4QSr ....someone should double check to make sure its not just me

its online now:
https://beta.kraken.com/signup

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:20:23 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 10:48:43 PM by SoggyLettuce

Sign ups are still down as you can see http://imgur.com/JbM4QSr ....someone should double check to make sure its not just me

its online now:
https://beta.kraken.com/signup

hmmm....for me it is still down....can someone on the kraken side check to see if I got blacklisted or something??? I don't want to be at a disadvantage for this competition. added a timestamp http://imgur.com/bUSMSy8

Now I am getting a rate limit exceeded error
fishy

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:53:18 PM

Curious, how will the winner be determined?
USD or BTC?

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:03:58 PM

Curious, how will the winner be determined?
USD or BTC?

It's the usd of the converted currencies at the time
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:23:56 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 03:53:31 PM by SoggyLettuce

It would be nice if my issue could be resolved because I am not able to sign up for other accounts  Embarrassed
Also an update at the end of every day to say what the max amount someone is up to would be nice.
Thanks for this fun competition by the way...the site is actually really easy to use.
matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:25:09 PM

The order book isn't updating right now.  I'm putting orders out between the bid ask but the top of book never adjusts.  Orders do route to the better prices though. 

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:19:51 PM

Are their rewards for finding bugs?

Yes, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166828.0
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:27:06 PM

The order book isn't updating right now.  I'm putting orders out between the bid ask but the top of book never adjusts.  Orders do route to the better prices though. 

Yeah, I've pointed this out to the devs
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:36:11 PM

hmmm....for me it is still down....can someone on the kraken side check to see if I got blacklisted or something??? I don't want to be at a disadvantage for this competition. added a timestamp http://imgur.com/bUSMSy8

Now I am getting a rate limit exceeded error

Sent you a PM
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: