Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: >500 downloads, now you decide what feature comes next! (Android, Push, BTC)  (Read 1051 times)
Eflite (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:18:40 PM

Hi Bitcoin fellows,
you've now downloaded my app (BTC Push Monitor) more than 500 times, and I think you should decide what feature I'll implement next. I'm a regular at MtGox and TradeHill myself, and personally I've had a lot of use for the app, but I've identified a couple of nice-to-have features as well.

If you're not allready familiar with the app, the BTC Push Monitor lets you specify low and high ticker values, and you're notified instantly when the index moves and one of your levels are crossed. The application (and backend server) used Google's Cloud 2 Device Messaging framework, which uses true push functionality to notify Android devices, even when they're in "Deep sleep". The app never performs any polling, and don't drain your battery. The app is totally free, -I don't even have ads. You can find it in Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=no.skjervold

I welcome all suggestions for features! After you guys have suggested some, I'll create a poll, and I'll implement the feature with the most votes.

I've received emails from users wanting to be able to change notification sounds, and wanting to specify which exchange (TradeHill, MtGox etc) to follow. But I'm open for anything making the app better.

Thanks to everyone that gave me nice feedback through Android Market.
Happy trading everyone!

Cheers,
Eflite

https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/no.skjervold/hi-256-0-90b73309ca1ad0e5401e91d1d2da22f0b99dea1c

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinconnection

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:09:57 PM

Do you have an app for iphone or pc?
Eflite (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:15:42 PM

My buddy has one for the IPhone for review with apple right now, should be out within a week (allthough it's hard to predict anything with Apple's review process). It'll be free, with much the same functionality, based on IOs' Push framework.

I don't think anything is available for PC yet. One would need a desktop application keeping a tcp connection open, or possibly a web app using Websockets. However, I believe it's better suited for mobile devices, since you always carry them around in your pocket (you would obviously need to sit in front of your computer in order to be instantly notified...).
murfshake

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:26:44 AM

Mine says and always has "MtGox Problem" and goes for the Trade Hill pricing even though MtGox has clearly been up for a few days.  Please update program, it's great!
datguywhowanders

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:30:06 AM

Is there any way to get an email as well as a notification? If I could set both, I'm never so far away as to not have one or the other.

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: