Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin actually just a Investment coin?  (Read 3149 times)
riderinred

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:14:43 PM

For me BTC is a coin to save value of my alts and to buy more alts or convert to fiat for spending.
So it is not an investment for me but a rather a kind of "safe haven".

But as the alt markets are getting swatted again and again by new BTC ATHs in the past weeks it is more and more appealing to just buy BTC and fckn HODL.

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

For now bitcoin is an investment currency, everybody who starts investing in bitcoin, obviously want to make some cash, but slowly it will become more then that, one we will override that 1% of the world population who uses cryptocurrencyes.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:42:44 AM

Well, I almost believe that bitcoin is just for investment, because bitcoin is more about on investing and trading in order to get your money, I say almost because I am not totally believe that bitcoin is just only for investment, in other country like Japan and Russia they allowed bitcoin for transaction and exchange for there works and many more and lastly many people get a part time job because of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is basically a new era currency and currency itself is an investment when it kept hold for a long time. Some people keep hold their national currency for future saving while some people keep hold dollars which internationally recognized but through dollar they can trade by exchanging currency from one to another so in this sense we can say bitcoin may also be used for trading and business like dollar.

The difference is one dollar is recognized across the world while bitcoin not yet but bitcoin is much popular conventionally. So it is concluded that we can say that bitcoin is not just an investment because it may also be used for trading.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:00:56 AM

Yes, bitcoin is value adds for digital investment in age of technology, not for replace a real investment instrument.  Bitcoin have life span and have risk value and the user have known that when they accept bitcoin as an investment than the have accept the risk.
Yet you will still see some block heads calling Bitcoin a currency/real money, and killing them selves just because Amazon has chosen not to accept Bitcoin, and eBay does the same. Most of these people are really crazy. Everyone (not everyone, I mean the wise ones  actually) came here for a particular reason, which is to invest and earn money and not to fight over Bitcoin and Amazon issues.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:35:48 PM

Bitcoin is not just an investment currency but it equally serve the general purpose of currency and at the same time as an investment opportunities that yield return on investment over time period.
I think it is same as general currency. There is no equally thing in this scene. Bitcoins currency and it is acting ass-urgency all over the world. It has main objective to give chances and opportunities for making its users reedy to earn from it. Yes there is one difference, bitcoin is virtual and that makes it a little different in appearance than any other currency currently working in world.
jennywhzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

For now bitcoin is an investment currency, everybody who starts investing in bitcoin, obviously want to make some cash, but slowly it will become more then that, one we will override that 1% of the world population who uses cryptocurrencyes.

Considering the total number of population using the bitcoins and altcoins and the amount of stores accepting it as a payment, we will find that not many people uses bitcoin as a payment method. The population using bitcoins are actually using it more as an investment commodity.
Even for now we can call it as in investment coin but in future it will surely be the major in payment methods accepted worldwide.
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:44:20 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 02:05:07 PM by Reatim

Considering the total number of population using the bitcoins and altcoins and the amount of stores accepting it as a payment, we will find that not many people uses bitcoin as a payment method. The population using bitcoins are actually using it more as an investment commodity.
Even for now we can call it as in investment coin but in future it will surely be the major in payment methods accepted worldwide.
And I think as more people are buying bitcoin for storing their wealth, the more bitcoins becomes more of a investment platform now. That's why I believed that we should not hoard bitcoin but at least sell some so that the coins can go back into circulations. However, its not even the case today. So I consider it most as a investment, partly a currency or money.

You can't blame anyone though for being a bagholder. Just imagine at the start of this year you bought 1 bitcoin and hold it till today, your investment is now returning a massive 900% or more. No other investment platform can give you that kind of returns in less than a year.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:10:45 PM

Yes i do think that people are using bitcoins as an investment because it really does has great returns as it's prices are increasing like anything many people has earned lots of profits just by investing in them.Bitcoins as an payment is accepted in very few areas, there aren't many sites or stores where bitcoins are accepted as an mode of payment but in future it might be accepted everywhere.
anelenaniku

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:30:43 PM

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink

Good analysis, the only thing you miss is the nature of BTC that can not survive with out the fiat currency. And this is a huge problem that soon or later will "pop".
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

Many use bitcoin as an investment coin, because in their country you can not buy anything with the help of crypto currency. In addition, its price has far exceeded the value of gold.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:57:40 AM

It's just a named , bitcoin is digital currency that this kind of coin can't be own physically.
No one able to expect that bitcoin able reach $ 8000 so if you're lucky to be apart of the bitcoin investor then congrats to you.

#BetterThanGold
Bitcoin reach $8000 usd is more than expert's expectation. The risk is even bigger now, because maybe that is not the price it should be, maybe just the result of excessive enthusiasm. Invest in bitcoin is very risky, but profitable for the long time holders.
I would not say the risk is bigger now. The risk was even bigger back then when the support was still very low and the only people who do not really stand much chance of a risk right now are the early holders. It is on us and as long as we are willing to stand and hold the value upright without allowing any government to bully us into dumping or panicking, then we are just going to be fine holding as an investment or spending as a currency.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:27:36 AM

We can use bitcoin in many ways, bitcoin is profitable investment in long term but not only that, you can also use bitcoin to paid any bill, in my country i use bitcoin to easy pay my bill like Meralco, home credit etc. It can also helps to avoid hassle in traffic.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:51:21 AM

We can use bitcoin in many ways, bitcoin is profitable investment in long term but not only that, you can also use bitcoin to paid any bill, in my country i use bitcoin to easy pay my bill like Meralco, home credit etc. It can also helps to avoid hassle in traffic.
We can use it to buy a lot of things, but that doesn’t make it a real currency. It’s just like gold, you can use gold to do anything, and even use it in replacement of a real currency, but you still can’t call it a real currency, it is still called an asset. So Bitcoin is just an (a digital asset) that is mainly for investment. But since it’s designed in a way that we’re allowed to do peer-to-peer transaction with it, there is nothing bad if you use it as such.
cluend

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:58:24 AM

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink

problem like refund , No ID and price changes fast make bitcoin less use in Buy/sell daily things (food , eat , bill ,....etc).
so that many only use bitcoin as invest coin 
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:36:24 AM

While transaction fees are getting higher everyday bitcoin cannot be used for transactions.
Also transactions take very very long time then other coins. So the answer is yes its an investment coin for me.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:41:01 AM

actually it's against the vision of satoshi to make bitcoin as a spending tool in this case named currency, it's main function is to pay something to replace phyiscal money in the real world, if it's just merely an investment, it'll hold the adoption of bitcoin in so many places. people should be aware that bitcoin is not only for investing but also for spending despite many issue like transaction fee.
That was not the main vision of satoshi. The main vision is to have a currency that can be used based on P2P transaction without the involvement of the government or any middle man. In this case, except you wish, you really do not have to convert to fiat. The fact remains that it has been designed to be an investment, a digital currency and as long as the two are in play, then we have a market.

Bitcoin is not just an investment currency but it equally serve the general purpose of currency and at the same time as an investment opportunities that yield return on investment over time period.
I believe most people today really do not know the huge value that is lurking in bitcoin usage. Bitcoin is far more than just investment and the value is rising today because that is how most people are seeing it, but the value it offers is what is going to sustain that demand for the currency and make people to keep having interest in buying the coins to use.
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:58:29 PM

I think it is same as general currency. There is no equally thing in this scene. Bitcoins currency and it is acting ass-urgency all over the world. It has main objective to give chances and opportunities for making its users reedy to earn from it. Yes there is one difference, bitcoin is virtual and that makes it a little different in appearance than any other currency currently working in world.
Satoshi created bitcoin as replacement or as alternative use of normal cash currency and people changed its basic charter now it has become investment and people are rushing toward bitcoin because they see the future benefit in it and maybe now as amazon and other stores are accepting bitcoin payment this   back to the main purpose to use as currency it will be beneficial in both modes and yeah people are doing.
cookerross

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:39:07 PM

Most people think just because many invest using bitcoin, it is solely for investment. It is a multifunctional cryptocurrency and currently accepted in particular industries for trade, as asset, money, and still branches out to other forms too.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:17:57 PM

Bitcoin it was a new and unique financial vehicle, unlike anything the world has ever seen. Bitcoin is an entirely a peer-to-peer digital form of money.
We can use bitcoin in many ways, as:
Virtual currency,
investment,
Asset,
digital gold,
and other...

On the other hand, Bitcoin will never disappoint. If you want to, you can spend an all day long tracking different exchanges, changes in price and various predictions.

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:23:58 PM

It has got multiple usage within it, but majority of the user network give importance as an investment. This will change when bitcoin becomes common or gives direct usage access similar to the paper money that we use. Everything requires certain time period to reach people, bitcoin too is not an exception.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: