Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex banned all Iranians.  (Read 857 times)
raminh (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:09:52 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 10:23:11 PM by raminh

Hi, I am from Iran. As far as everyone probably knows, all the accounts from Iran are disabled. Now Bittrex doesn't let us even open their website. Now all of us are getting this error:

"The owner of this website (bittrex.com) has banned the country or region your IP address is in (IR) from accessing this website "

Shame on you Bittrex. Return our money. Then we won't use your website.
Zorbak

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:57:20 PM

Is there any known and legit reason to ban all iranian accounts?
raminh (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:04:42 PM

This is due to USA sanctions against Iran.
They banned all the Iranians without any notification.
It is really unfair. They must allow us to withdraw our money and then ban us.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:57:39 PM

That might be their justification to ban Iranian IP's, but you can just contact them and ask them what further steps are required to get your money/crypto out of there. I can't believe that they will actually attempt to refuse giving back any of these funds to *ex* users -- otherwise it's flat out theft. You can also choose to use a proxy to visit their site, or just set up yourself a solid and safe VPN connection. To add -- exchanges always notify their users when it comes to certain important TOS changes. Bitfinex did the same when it comes to them not allowing US citizens to make use of their platform anymore.
raminh (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:25:53 AM

That might be their justification to ban Iranian IP's, but you can just contact them and ask them what further steps are required to get your money/crypto out of there. I can't believe that they will actually attempt to refuse giving back any of these funds to *ex* users -- otherwise it's flat out theft. You can also choose to use a proxy to visit their site, or just set up yourself a solid and safe VPN connection. To add -- exchanges always notify their users when it comes to certain important TOS changes. Bitfinex did the same when it comes to them not allowing US citizens to make use of their platform anymore.

Even if I use VPN and open the website, my account is disabled.

All of my friends are experiencing the same problem. Our accounts was disabled for about 20 days and there was no answer to our tickets. Not only they didn't solve the problem, but also they banned our IPs today.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:38:02 AM

All of my friends are experiencing the same problem. Our accounts was disabled for about 20 days and there was no answer to our tickets. Not only they didn't solve the problem, but also they banned our IPs today.

If they don't reply to your tickets, it either means that they don't know how to deal with the situation (due to the pressure coming from the US government), or they simply don't have the time (which in this case would be somewhat amateurish). If your account was enhance verified, you would have the option to join their slack through an invite. In case you made use of that, and have access to their slack, contact them there. If not, then try to look if their IRC channel #bittrex is still alive -- I remember this was quite a fast way to contact the operators.
s1avash

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:58:49 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 08:16:15 PM by s1avash

20 days my account has been disabled for no reason

https://i.imgur.com/R8ruwx1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rlgCyD4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zpQY0HE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5aY6Plf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nybdggT.jpg
Virtualface

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:41:14 AM

I'm from Iran too.
First they disabled my account without any notice 30 days ago, now they banned us from accessing the site. They should allow us to withdraw our money before doing that. I have more than 30k crypto in my account.  Cry
I had the same issue with poloniex and they let me do a on time withdrawal before closing my account.
Virtualface

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:04:30 AM

There was Iran in the site country list when we signed up, that means there were no problem being Iranian when we made our deposits. And now, they banned all Iranians without any notice.
Sam1881

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:28:52 AM

I am not from Iran (Born in Israel actually). Not answering tickets for 15 days after disabling accounts is ridiculously unjust. If it was governments account it would be a different story, but if this is true that it is a general ban - citizens should not be treated that way because of their government actions.

Thanks for bringing this to the public attention. Hope for you they will give some answers soon!
amirheavy666

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

NEM (XEM) Top Coin

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:32:48 AM

I am not from Iran (Born in Israel actually). Not answering tickets for 15 days after disabling accounts is ridiculously unjust. If it was governments account it would be a different story, but if this is true that it is a general ban - citizens should not be treated that way because of their government actions.

Thanks for bringing this to the public attention. Hope for you they will give some answers soon!

your account is enable now?HuhHuhHuh??

more than 2.5 month is past ......... what we must do???

Nem.io
bigrenbagdrard

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:43:46 AM

But a sanction against a Country could impact also against the personal earnings of the singular citizen?
I hope they can solve this issue so quickly, IRAN is also a btc friendly country!
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:42:40 PM

rule #1 NEVER NEVER LEAVE COINS ON AN EXCHANGE!!!!!
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:00:12 PM

did they refund already? Cant believe they would just take the money for themselves.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:09:43 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 12:20:56 AM by erk

Bittrex recently hired people from the US Dept of Homeland Security to look after their verification strategy.

Everything on Bittrex has gone pear shaped since that.

No, I am not making this stuff up!

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bittrex-hires-two-former-homeland-security-chiefs-amazon-security-exec-2017-12
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:12:44 AM

did they refund already? Cant believe they would just take the money for themselves.
Now its very difficult for them to give back Iranians money because they have some hard pressure from Trump authorities about this and its very unfair for them they lost some good amount of money without any prior notice feeling sorry for them
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: