Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:16:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Segwit 2 Profit day?  (Read 364 times)
sk8tavou (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:02:39 PM

Hello everyone.
I saw a lot of people talking about how to cash on the days of every hard fork (lots of them these days hehe)
I have some ETHs and i want to know. If for example i make them BTC 1-2 days before the fork is this going to be for example 3BTC + 3(newbitcoin) ? So the +3 is just profit?
It seems just and easy way to make money so i want to know if i am missing something.
Are there any dangers around it?
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:08:27 PM

There is a high possibility that you make profit. But there is no guarantee as the prices are determined in an open market. We don't know how much every bitcoin and every bitcoin segwit2x will cost. But in any case better to have as much as BTC you can afford to not miss the opportunity.
Siskaver

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:10:56 AM

As other say, better safe than sorry. I would think that if BTG becomes available by the time of the fork, there will be a steeper increase of BTC (ad BTG will be dumped for more BTC). So in that way, BTC might be quite "cheap" now.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:18:33 AM

As other say, better safe than sorry. I would think that if BTG becomes available by the time of the fork, there will be a steeper increase of BTC (ad BTG will be dumped for more BTC). So in that way, BTC might be quite "cheap" now.

Yep, the BTG seem to be the second son of the bitcoin and the BCC is the elder son, as you can see, some big exchanges like bitfinex, binance support the btg, I think it will be promising.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:29:12 AM

BTG fork is already ended without even miner impact on BTC , He is talking about the SegwitX2 which is still to come this month .

@OP fork = free money but not necessary = profit .  For example you buy BTC at 6400 for fork and get your free coins , BTC insta dump to 6000 and the new coin worth only 200 . So you bought with 6400 and ended up with 6000+200 = you lose 200 . You got your free 200 but still lose money .

P.S
This is just an example but the reality is  you have a much much bigger chance to make profit from fork than lose money .
DmitrySh

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:53:01 AM

Hello everyone.
I saw a lot of people talking about how to cash on the days of every hard fork (lots of them these days hehe)
I have some ETHs and i want to know. If for example i make them BTC 1-2 days before the fork is this going to be for example 3BTC + 3(newbitcoin) ? So the +3 is just profit?
It seems just and easy way to make money so i want to know if i am missing something.
I think after Segwit2x if bitcoin go to the miners, the prices for BTC can fall down...
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

There can be only ONE !!! Smiley

All this forks are desperate tries to push king over but this one want go down that easy Smiley Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:20:25 AM

Hello everyone.

The btc1 developers don't intend for this to be like Bitcoin Cash. They intend for it to be an "update" and for the legacy chain to die. That seems unlikely, but you should be aware that this is the intent.

A related issue is that there is no replay protection for the fork. What that means is the btc1 developers have made it very difficult for anyone to send money on one chain without losing it on the other chain. So, be aware that you need to carefully split your BTC and B2X coins before sending them to addresses that you don't control.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:29:49 AM

This time round it is unlikely there will be two chains. One chain will die because at the time of the fork the difficulty is high, but there will be no adjustment.

My advice is to keep your ETH - the price is depressed at the moment and is likely to rise after the fork when people take bitcoin profits and look for undervalued coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:32:29 AM

well, as you can see bitcoin is rising pretty fast these days and with each step other altcoins specially ethereum are getting dumped harder and harder. and best case scenario is that they go down against bitcoin.

for example ETH is not worth 0.046BTC and a while ago it was worth 0.07BTC and not so long ago it was 0.14BTC.
this means if you sold 10 ETH a while ago you could have gotten 1.4BTC but now you are getting 0.46BTC ($9100 versus $2990) that is what you are getting now.

by the time fork happens you may get 0.04 or if you are unlucky there may be a bigger dump and you get 0.03 per coin.

this is the "danger" you forgot to see.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:36:00 AM

This time round it is unlikely there will be two chains. One chain will die because at the time of the fork the difficulty is high, but there will be no adjustment.

My advice is to keep your ETH - the price is depressed at the moment and is likely to rise after the fork when people take bitcoin profits and look for undervalued coins.
Do u have any opinion - what could be with BTC price if Segwit2x will occupy the main chain? Is it possible?
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:45:23 AM

Yes you are missing a lots of things, first every altcoin's price get dumped before hardfork in terms of bitcoin so if you will convert your ETH into bitcoin you will be losing in terms of bitcoin.

Second this, just after fork everyone will dump their bitcoin or buy alts with them which will eventually pump the altcoins price and you might have to buy the same amount of ETH you have sold before at higher rates after fork.

You have to do all this exchanges really soon after fork to make good profit. Yes all forked coins are free money that's why just after fork their price get dumped hard.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:46:46 AM

Hello everyone.
Maybe the impact that comes after a segment in November is a change in the price of coins that will experience a decline in the exchange rate but do not worry you and to panic because a few weeks later the price will be stable so that the benefits can still be obtained.

suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:55:52 AM

Hello everyone.

It's more dangerous that you would think, and overall you are more likely to loose money than profit.

What would probably happen is that you would buy 1 BTC now at $6500. The day before the fork BTC will probably be around $7200. Fork will give you 1 coin that will probably be worthless because of the numerous forks that have been going on (e.g. Bitcoin Gold is now trading at $150, while it started around $450). As soon as fork happens, you will see a massive BTC dump, which will probably get BTC at around $4500, maybe even $4000.

So what do you end up with? 1 BTC worth $4500, and a new coin that will be worth up to $300 and will be dumped by everyone who had the same idea as you = $4700. In this scenario, you lost just under $2000.

What you can do is:
1. Buy BTC now, sell it the day before the fork at its ATH;
2. Buy alts few days before the fork, most of them are at -30-50% of what they were before all of this non sense with forks, they will eventually go back up to their respective levels;
3. Short BTC on Bitfinex couple of days before fork.

If my analysis are to be believed, these 3 methods will bring you much more profit than joining the fork train.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:06:29 AM

I think you are right. ETH is losing value at every fork of BTC which is gaining in value. It is best i think to buy BTC now. And after the fork buy ETH or buy ETH maybe 3 days before the fork. ETH will surely be cheaper compare to BTC.
Compare to dollars, ETH doesn't lose value, but compare to BTC, it lose a lot.

well, as you can see bitcoin is rising pretty fast these days and with each step other altcoins specially ethereum are getting dumped harder and harder. and best case scenario is that they go down against bitcoin.

for example ETH is not worth 0.046BTC and a while ago it was worth 0.07BTC and not so long ago it was 0.14BTC.
this means if you sold 10 ETH a while ago you could have gotten 1.4BTC but now you are getting 0.46BTC ($9100 versus $2990) that is what you are getting now.

by the time fork happens you may get 0.04 or if you are unlucky there may be a bigger dump and you get 0.03 per coin.

this is the "danger" you forgot to see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: