Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for interested parties in edutech-token project  (Read 245 times)
soqqledan (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:05:09 AM

Hi! I am Dan, and i have a edu-tech project to upgrade social networks into an economy.

- It will be a peer2peer exchange where knowledge and experience can be transferred in a frictionless way.
- It will be built as a social network but with focused roadmaps to make it purposeful.
- Initial market is students (universities). The tokenization will be used as an incentive to help bridge the gap between school and work.
- A bit on the token: It's a hybrid model based on ERC20 token. The algorithms to derive and calculate the value is done offchain. On-chain are the wallets, escrow.

There is already a team that meets up on a weekly basis, the platform is being built and we are looking bigger.

Would like to get some feedback, collaborators and interests!

Dan

Soqqle - Gamified Social Learning
Project Development Page | Twitter. We don't telegram, don't need.  | Our Site | Looking for: Educator, Human Resource

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:51:25 AM

Why is there a need for a token for your project? Arent you aware that the whole market is already saturated on token scams mostly, with little space to accomodate more?

If you want your project to have a chance of success then I suggest waiting for a better time to work on it. But if its not another ICO, but a project you feel passionately about, maybe its worth releasing.
soqqledan (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:05:11 AM

Why is there a need for a token for your project? Arent you aware that the whole market is already saturated on token scams mostly, with little space to accomodate more?

If you want your project to have a chance of success then I suggest waiting for a better time to work on it. But if its not another ICO, but a project you feel passionately about, maybe its worth releasing.

Thanks! Am aware of saturation of token scams so i will definately thread carefully. Here's what the philosophy is:

1) The tokens are used as a way to incentivize and encourage exchange of knowledge. There will be utility value in these tokens in providing guidance to each other, nail down mentors, community projects and so forth. Having an alternate value in the manner of listed tokens gives credibility to the process, and the parties involved in the transaction. Especially where the processing is done through escrows, wallets on the blockchain where authentication will be a bonus.
2) Millennials have not yet really jumped onto the wagon yet and its a new, interesting topic for them. Having the ability to get some bonus tokens and earn / give is a big incentivze and produces a potential viral effect.

Based on market research done so far, sentiments of the market feel that these tokens can help bridge gaps between school and work.
Post students then i look to expand usage across to adults with different use cases that i have shortlisted.

ICO is not the key focus but smart use and marketing of the tokens to growth-hack user interest / signups / retention.

Would be great if you think point 1 above can be expanded or there are factors i may need to deep dive in to study.

Soqqle - Gamified Social Learning
Project Development Page | Twitter. We don't telegram, don't need.  | Our Site | Looking for: Educator, Human Resource
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: