Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AVE][ICO] Avesta PoW 10s blocktime+accountnumbers+Inheritance+Private+App  (Read 5807 times)
Mark_l

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:57:07 PM

The idea behind the project seems interesting. I like the logic they describe to start this.

I would like from the devs to chime in and give us some more details.

Ok. We started mining. When will we see the balance in our account?

When will the wallet binaries get released?

Mines not updated again yet either.. but it took a day or so the first time.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cranefist

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:16:14 PM

Comparing cryptos to banks is a bit childish, banks are regulated and monitored. But maybe this type of thinking appeals to some crypto nutcases.

I'm not really sure where you got that from? I believe my exact words were "The difference is I trust my bank, they are regulated in law" ?

And as you have only posted on this thread, not including one post that you have made to recommend Avesta as an ICO... i would not trust you either Smiley

I'm not asking you to  Smiley. I'm new to this, I like the look of what these guys are doing and this is my first real venture into crypto. I believe I said as much in that other post, and I'm simply airing my personal opinion.

I've seen what these guys have said they'll try to do and I have a good feeling about it, simple as that.

Not to mention the standard western relatable name, like Mark... exactly what i would choose to make some low key advertisement for a project. Smiley

LOL Believe it or not some people in this world are genuniely called Mark :-)

Anyway, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I wish you nothing but the best  Grin

Sorry, i speedread and missed your comment about trusting banks.

The rest was mostly just speculative paranoid perspective. That's why i used them smilies.
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:33:27 PM

Sorry, i speedread and missed your comment about trusting banks.

The rest was mostly just speculative paranoid perspective. That's why i used them smilies.

No worries. It's all good  Grin

I suspect if we met IRL your the kind of person I'd get.on with, straight to the point, direct, and sceptical of everyrhing.

Hmmm... maybe...I wonder...do I detect the hint of a fellow Englishman?

Quite possibly from the north?
eliastt

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:47:38 PM

Can somebody from the devs explain this? (from the blockchain explorer)

Coins Emitted2.92269454
Total Fee.00000000
Penalty.00000000
Reward1.9226945400000002

We are giving 1 coin back to devs from mining?
eliastt

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:16:39 PM

Blockchain explorer stopped working and gives an "Internal Server Error".
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:35:54 PM

Yup, I saw this too.

I then did the maths on 1.9 avesta block reward x .35 euro (value of 1 avesta at ICO) x block confirmed rate (set the logging level on the miner to 5  Wink ) and I figured I'd just go with it  Grin

Block explorer is out for me too. I had a message from them via Facebook and the are working round the clock fixing/upgrading things.

I have to keep restarting the miner too, but at that level of block reward that's fine with me.
eliastt

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:42:51 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 02:20:01 AM by eliastt

Yup, I saw this too.

I then did the maths on 1.9 avesta block reward x .35 euro (value of 1 avesta at ICO) x block confirmed rate (set the logging level on the miner to 5  Wink ) and I figured I'd just go with it  Grin

Block explorer is out for me too. I had a message from them via Facebook and the are working round the clock fixing/upgrading things.

I have to keep restarting the miner too, but at that level of block reward that's fine with me.

Agreed.

But taking 34% as mining fee is turning on some red lights here.
jannoi (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:45:51 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 04:05:19 AM by jannoi

We're NOT taking any Dev-Fee during mining, but this will be rectified while we're finishing up the mining rewards distribution nodes.
At the moment we havn't finished the rewards back-log as of yet.

the 1.9 AVE at this moment will be given to the miner who found the block, the 1.0 AVE will be deposited into the payment nodes for the fair distribution of other miners who supported the network but didn't get paid while the block was found.
This way current miners still get rewards while we're finishing up the Reward Consensus system.
Gradually moving over to a full consensus mining rewards distribution.
Mark_l

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:26:08 AM

We're NOT taking any Dev-Fee during mining, but this will be rectified while we're finishing up the mining rewards distribution nodes.

the 1.9 AVE at this moment will be given to the miner who found the block, the 1.0 AVE will be deposited into the payment nodes for the fair distribution of other miners who supported the network but didn't get paid while the block was found.
This way current miners still get rewards while we're finishing up the Reward Consensus system.

That is absolute genius.

So essentially the whole network will run like a giant mining pool. The block finder gets a bonus, but everyone that contributed gets a share.

Love it  Grin
eliastt

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:54:26 AM

That makes sense and I agree with your logic behind this.
eliastt

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:07:28 PM

It seems the daemon stopped connecting. I am getting this error:

ERROR   Failed to connect to any of seed peers, continuing without seeds
Mark_l

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:17:09 PM

I'm up and working, is it ok now or is it still giving that error?
eliastt

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:19:52 PM

I'm up and working, is it ok now or is it still giving that error?

It seems to connect and sync now.

Mark, did your balance got updated in these last 24 hours? I still see no balance these last 40 hours...
eliastt

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:15:17 AM

The miner at random times just closes with no message...
Mark_l

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the miner. I took some screenshots and sent them over this morning.

I launch the miner with a .bat file and the last line is 'pause'..

miner.exe --address xxxxxxxxxx --log-level 3
Pause

That way when the miner quits the window stays open and you can see the error message.

No balance update yet, looking forward to it though  Grin
eliastt

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:01:52 PM

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the miner. I took some screenshots and sent them over this morning.

I launch the miner with a .bat file and the last line is 'pause'..

miner.exe --address xxxxxxxxxx --log-level 3
Pause

That way when the miner quits the window stays open and you can see the error message.

No balance update yet, looking forward to it though  Grin

I had some conversation with one of the devs.
They are working these days, hence the instability.

I hope they deliver because this project has a big potential.
eliastt

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:04:59 PM

There is a miner who forgot to add a space after his account number on the miner.

So he is mining now as 1227348305--log-level. He could be losing all his hashpower.
pattanagla

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:15:12 PM

Now,Anyone can mine? I cant run avestad.
Mark_l

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:01:08 PM

There is a miner who forgot to add a space after his account number on the miner.

So he is mining now as 1227348305--log-level. He could be losing all his hashpower.

Hopefully it will still work  Huh I don't know.

I had some conversation with one of the devs.
They are working these days, hence the instability.

I hope they deliver because this project has a big potential.

Agree 100%, they actually seem to have a plausible plan and if they can get traction it could be awsome.

There's far to many iffy ICO's around to risk putting any money into anything IMHO but a bit of mining with feedback to the Dev team and spreading the word where you can, more than happy to do that  Grin

Recently there have been a few articles popping up on my phone by well known economists with a common theme.. 2018 is going to be the year where the number of currencies masisvely reduces.

Investors are going to get wise and they'll be looking for projetcs with an actual, realistic, use case. Hopefully Avesta will be one of these.

Now,Anyone can mine? I cant run avestad.

Ahh just saw that you said you cant run Avestad.exe? What happens when you try? do you get an error?

Yes. There are instructions a few posts back, but in short:

Go to the website, create an account and get your account number.

Find the blog post and download the software (https://blog.avesta.io/avesta-launch-platform-wallet-mining/)

Run Avestad, let the chain sync.

Run 'miner.exe --address xxxxxxxxxx --log-level 3' replacing xxxxxxxxxx with your account number.

Things are up and down at the moment, there are occasional sync issues and you'll have to keep an eye on the miner as it keeps closing after a while.

But, it's up and working.. welcome aboard  Cheesy

rambetiko

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:32:26 PM

please add gpu mining
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: