Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is the Dev of Claymore Worth?  (Read 552 times)
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:12:33 AM

I was just thinking, if he's making 1% of all mining..... he must be making a lot of money!  Any guestimates?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paintballrefjosh

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:22:11 AM

On 1 pool, ethermine, with 8 of his known addresses, each makes ~ $50,000.00 USD per month.  There's at least 3 pools in the rotation from what I recall.  Do the math.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:06:48 AM

Don't forget his Cryptonight miners, the ZEC miners and all the extra dough he makes from dual-mining coins as well. Very smart guy, that Mister Claymore.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:22:16 AM

It's funny, while more miners join the network, difficulty rises, less profit for all miners in general, claymore's profit still the same cause the only way he will lose money is if somebody creates a competitive miner and miners move to it. So regardless how the difficulty of any coin is and while you trolls earn less and less money mining, claymores still earns the same amount every month.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:37:55 AM

I was just thinking, if he's making 1% of all mining..... he must be making a lot of money!  Any guestimates?
correction he earns 2 percent with most of his miners, sometimes 2.5 percent if not using the secured stratum
and yah claymore makes tons while we are left scraping up dirt

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
ms5

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:42:27 AM

it pays to know your worth
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:44:47 AM

it pays to know your worth

that's part of the point, he doesn't were all thinking 1 percent is worth what little work he does on his miners these days, and he is still charging us 2 percent at minimum, and like a previous poster said, claymore keeps making more and more with every miner that comes online, doesn't worry about difficulty of the coin, its kinda to the point he is holding a bit of our hashing power hostage, when he should be releasing some, he could and still make way more than he needs per month and make all of us bit more satisfied

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:46:36 AM

I am surprised that no one else has coded a competing miner yet with all the money that can be made. Even if someone charged 0.5% fee they would still make a lot of money assuming their miner's performance was similar. I know many coders in the professional world are no where near making $50k a month, so where is all the talent hiding?
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:48:21 AM

I am surprised that no one else has coded a competing miner yet with all the money that can be made. Even if someone charged 0.5% fee they would still make a lot of money assuming their miner's performance was similar. I know many coders in the professional world are no where near making $50k a month, so where is all the talent hiding?
people have tried as you can tell, most get to a point and walk away, take EWBF for instance

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:05:55 AM

people have tried as you can tell, most get to a point and walk away, take EWBF for instance

Yes, I realize most hobbyist type coders cannot make such a program, but like I said with the amounts of money it appears Claymore is pulling in you would think some professional coders would take up the challenge. There are people who work for Nvidia and AMD who I am sure would be more than capable of such a thing and they could earn a sizable income on the side, possible enough to quit their full-time jobs.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:11:28 AM

Which supports what I said earlier. Claymore is smart. He's making good software and he's selling it in a way that's non-intrusive, doesn't require upfront payment and guarantees continuous income. He'd be silly to stop. As long as he's making good, reliable and fast miners, people will happily use it. The process of updating his code and staying on top of it is keeping him busy and ensures his clients stay with him. I do admire him for having been able to effectively monetize his skills.
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:27:02 AM

Keep in mind that there are miners devs who want to keep themselves private they only work with big farms.
ms5

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:11:10 AM

It's true that people who can code a miner that out does what is available are much better off keeping it a trade secret.  If claymores miner is not worth the dev fee anymore, that should tell you something.  Obviously dude is working on private code at this point.  If you want to gain anything join the open source community so that it excels beyond that which is closed source.  Use open source mining software, and don't remove the dev fee if there is one because that money will motivate the open source creator to keep giving the world better hash rates without hiding their work in order to rake in earnings with their own equipment.  To emphasize my point, imagine the D3 antminer.  Its built to mine X11, which contains 11 algorithms.  If someone figures out how to feed only one algo to the miner and hash it out at 15 GH/s, the miner goes from $5 a day to $500 a day in profitability.  If some basement dev figures out the key to that do you think they are going to tell the whole world via a forum post?
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:35:02 AM

if somebody creates a competitive miner and miners move to it.
Yes, I agree. If someone has a programmer skill, there can be created the own software then have full control for the fees. But if there don't have the skill, let's say it's paid for the skill has.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:43:01 AM

I think the reason why he is so rich is because there are only a handful people on the planet that know the low level type of GPU coding that he does.

The dual mining that he did for ETH was revoluatery and never done before in the past.

Also his software is much more stable than others. You guys weren't around in 2015-2016 but that standard ETHminee was absolute crap that crashed all the time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██