Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Set of Casascius Coins  (Read 878 times)
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 05:11:44 PM

I am auctioning off a set of Casascius Coins. This set includes;
Singles;
1 2011 w/error Single
1 2012 single
1 2013 single
Halves;
1 2013 half
Fives
1 2012 w/error Five BTC

*Bidding starts at 17.5 BTC
*Bid in increments of 0.1
*Escrow through John K (if needed I am trusted)
*Shipping is included in the US (add 0.1BTC for international)
*Auction ends Sunday at 9:00PM EST
*Each valid bid will extend the auction 2 minutes.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 05:27:11 PM

Had to use google translator but I think you want individual coins?

Я пpoдaю этo кaк нaбop, нo бyдeт пpoдaвaть oтдeльныe мoнeты. У мeня ecть и oдинoкиe пoлoвинки нa пpoдaжy пo oтдeльнocти.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 03:06:58 AM

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, anyone?
xgtele

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:24:17 PM

1@ 2011 w/error Single -- how much?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 02:25:32 PM

1@ 2011 w/error Single -- how much?

I have 2 left outside of this set @5.5 BTC each
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:30:57 PM

You want OVER face value in premium and you're surprised people aren't bidding? Roll Eyes
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:04:23 PM

You want OVER face value in premium and you're surprised people aren't bidding? Roll Eyes

If I had more ฿ available I would be buying these up. Factoring in the level of professionalism Nightowlace brings to the Wild West of cryptocurrency, the quality of the product(s) and the time involved, you certainly get what you pay for.

Hope the auction does well, someone is going to be very, very happy here.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 09:08:31 PM

So you want me to pay a premium from Casascius and the other people I got these coins from, wait to receive them in the mail, take time to carefully inspect them, place them in nice collectors (key word collectors) cases, take photos, post the auction, wrap them up, ship them securely all for nothing?

Not to mention you apparently know nothing of collecting coins. Why is it that people will pay $13 for a single uncirculated steel penny? It's face value is a penny for crying out loud. 1300% mark up? Because its a COLLECTIBLE. You see two of these coins are rare being they have the error. Another coin is a 2011 and then you have two new ones. You see Casascius took the time to come up with the design have them custom made paid for dies, the brass, the holograms, but you're right none of that matters that's not worth any premium, we should all just do these things out if the kindness of our hearts right? Do you work for a paycheck? When you buy something from the store do they charge a premium for it and all of the services they provide to you like convienence, staff, building, etc.

It's really annoying when people say things like "you're charging more than a Bitcoin, that's all their worth". Think, I know you're smarter than that. You have to at least have some brain function to be on this forum. I'm sure you can understand the concept of collectible, rare, no longer made, and material/shipping cost, time effort etc.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 09:09:26 PM

If I had more ฿ available I would be buying these up. Factoring in the level of professionalism Nightowlace brings to the Wild West of cryptocurrency, the quality of the product(s) and the time involved, you certainly get what you pay for.

Hope the auction does well, someone is going to be very, very happy here.

Thanks Karma appreciate it.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:45:12 AM

Lmao, I'm not saying you should be charging face for these coins. We're both not that stupid. I just don't think that in the current market, asking for more than twice the face is really going to get these coins to sell. I know from seeing other threads that the coins with the errors are worth at least twice face. But the other coins are just not that rare (yet). Maybe you can get someone to buy with the future price in mind (which I suppose is a true collectible), but don't be surprised when you hear the crickets chirp for a while.

Ps. You make it seem like you are doing people a favor by buying Casascious coins, packaging them, "inspecting them" (whatever that means), and then sending them to us. You either did two things: You bought the coins because you wanted to collect them and now you're capitalizing on the rising market, OR you bought them with the intent to make a profit by reselling. In either case, you have already made a NICE profit.

In summation, lowering the starting bid might get you some more action. No harm meant.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 03:37:17 AM

You make it seem like you are doing people a favor by buying Casascious coins, packaging them,
Not at all. I am business person. I am doing this to make some extra BTC just like the other people on here reselling coins, t-shirts, websites, X-box games, etc. etc. Do I take pride in the products I put out absolutely. I am a bit OCD and take pride in the things I do and what I sell you is a reflection of me and the business I do.

"inspecting them" (whatever that means),
It simply means that if I am sold shit I am not going to pass that along to you. Just the other week I purchased two 2011 w/error coins from someone on this forum and they were terrible. Fingerprinted, tarnished, etc. I was pissed, however I kept the coins because at no fault of the seller I accepted his blury pictures and assumed the coins were in good condition. They were not. Now I have two badly handled, tarnished coins that won't resell for the premium I paid.

You bought the coins because you OR you bought them with the intent to make a profit by reselling.
^ This

In either case, you have already made a NICE profit.
Oh I didn't realize you were my accountant and had access to my books. Please tell me what I paid for my coins, how and where I acquired them, and how much I have/am making.
Scroll up remember what happens when you make assumptions?

In summation, lowering the starting bid might get you some more action.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236150.0

No harm meant.
So what where you trying to accomplish by posting a smart ass comment like that capitalizing OVER and adding an emoticon rolling their eyes? Oh you were just trying to be funny right? You thought you would troll my post and add some smart ass comment and other people would laugh and say haha look how clever this guy is and it would stroke your internet ego a bit?
Even by your own math you don't make sense.
I know from seeing other threads that the coins with the errors are worth at least twice face
So if their is a 2011 single with error - 2BTC (by your comment about double) and a 2012 five BTC with error- 10BTC (again by your math) that equals 12BTC plus 2 other singles and a half coin with proper premium for the other singles and the half coin (Singles between 1.5-1.65 and half coins between .9-1) we are at 16.3 Just by your math.
However most singles go for 4-6BTC and the five btc coins are very hard to find (I have seen them go for 9-15)

Next time you want to troll and be taken seriously put some thought into it. You will receive a little more credibility and be taken a little more seriously and not like some asshole trolling for shit they can post smart ass remarks on.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:46:35 AM

I was wrong on this one so I'll tuck my tail and run. Sorry to clutter your thread.  Lips sealed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: