Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Manage Airdrops?  (Read 1100 times)
blogardianz (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:52:08 AM

Hi All,

Quick question from newbie. How do you manage your airdrops? Did you sell it immediately? Do you sell half of it? Or just hold it until reach big exchanges?

Your answer is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Naing7

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:04:39 AM

it is always better to retain some (may be half or less) until it reach big exchanges, actually this is individuals decisions how they are managing their airdrops.

chriss0r

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:51:16 AM

I HODL my tokens. Maybe one of them all will bring some profit in some years. Why selling for some "pence" when you have invested nothing more then your ETH addy or e-mail-address.
Rubberduck59

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

NEM <3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:07:42 AM

Since airdrops usually equals free tokens/coins, i dont loose any money if the dont succeed. With that in mind i store them in a wallet, fill out a document with info about the coin and store that on a USB. Then i forget about them and hope they reach high prices in a couple years  Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
blogardianz (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:24:03 PM

it is always better to retain some (may be half or less) until it reach big exchanges, actually this is individuals decisions how they are managing their airdrops.

Yeah, i am agree with you. But the problem is, they (Dev) usually very slow to added more exchanges. Probably, they need more $cash to get listed at better exchanges

ddurand

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 01:31:59 PM

I try to sell only when it produces an interesting gain (e.g: 100$). otherwise, i wait and checks the price evolution even if it appears the coin is a shitcoin (which have no future) since sometime the whale can make it pumps
JayT22

Activity: 168

Privacy is freedom!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:44:57 PM

i would prefer to hold coins from airdrops.i keep holding all my coins.,only what im mining get sold for bitcoins or deeponion.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:02:14 PM

Most airdropped coins never reach high prices, because devs are usually really incompetent and there's no real project/product behind them. There are few notable exception like eBTC and others, but are a minority. My suggestion is thus to sell as soon as they get listed on exchanges.
orbit44

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:16:07 PM

I like to hold the coins or tokens of airdrops. Most may never gain value but there may be one big winner. I think I'd kick myself if I'd sold that one.
jack05

Activity: 469
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:24:41 PM

It is prudent to store them in your wallet hoping that they will reach high prices after some time.
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:32:47 PM

I throw them all into the same My Ether Wallet address.  I am not sure if it is a new feature or not, but the token link gives you the current price of the tokens.  If anything reaches a reasonable value ($25+?) then I usually sell for BTC.  I am not long in any airdrops, I just use them to increase my BTC holdings when and where it makes sense IMO.
Meenakshi_Rana

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:37:00 PM

better to retain coins till got high value
brunow14

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:46:45 PM

I suggest keeping half and selling half.
Topkek

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:47:58 PM

It depends on the coin tbh. If it's a complete shitcoin, you better sell as soon as it hits the market.
CrazyClock

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

First of all you must have higher rank here
blogardianz (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:27:30 AM

Most airdropped coins never reach high prices, because devs are usually really incompetent and there's no real project/product behind them. There are few notable exception like eBTC and others, but are a minority. My suggestion is thus to sell as soon as they get listed on exchanges.

Yah, we have the same thoughts about this. I've been following some airdrop several times, but most of them dump the coin when reach higher price. It's looks like money game so far.

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:39:36 AM

I've just been holding them all, too.  I'd kick myself if one these "mooned" and I sold it for a few bucks.  Some look promising, some look like junk, but they are free, so nothing to lose.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:48:50 AM

Hi All,

Quick question from newbie. How do you manage your airdrops? Did you sell it immediately? Do you sell half of it? Or just hold it until reach big exchanges?

Your answer is highly appreciated. Thank you.

I don't usually do airdrops to avoid being scam because some of the airdrops are scam, but anyways airdrops is same as bounty token, i think the correction question here is how can you manage your token that you can obtain in airdrop and in bounties, For me, I think that you should store it if you think that the campaign has potential, Like me, I think Electroneum and Deep Onion have potential in growing so If had those, I would store it for a long time, until the price is larger.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:52:07 AM

No exact way to do that, but mostly hold a bit until it has a decent price
You have nothing to lose though, free money, less pressure  Grin

BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:54:01 AM

Sell immediately it is not the best strategy, but it is simple and not the worst if you don't want to research token price, if you don't want to track moment of the price pump
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: