Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ideastarter  (Read 316 times)
DerKorb (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:16:31 PM

I planned to post this in off-topic but if i understand it right the newbie forum is supposed to be another off-topic forum where you can write about anything until you get your 5 posts. So why not post it here instead of writing some random gibberish...

Looking at recent trends, i love how open source and crowd funding continue to get wide acceptance.
Knowledge might be the best resource human kind got at it's hand and sharing it can easily lead to win-win-situations as open source shows, where the creator gets manpower and feedback for his project and the community gets free and transparent software. Crowd funding on the other hand cuts out most of the middlemen and thus ensures that as much of the available monetary resources flows into the actual project.

What i really would love to see though is a community that takes it another step further:
-people would be able to introduce their ideas as good as they can on a site quite similar to kick-starter, but without the need to have anything planed out already or even the possibility to do it themselves.
-users of the site could vote on, discuss and collaborate on those ideas to form a plan (like setting up personal requirements, resources, concepts, etc..)
-companies or start-ups could take up or form around the ideas and propose a plan how to realize the project
-in the end that plan could be setup on any of the existing crowd funding platforms or maybe a similar system would be integrated on the same page

Now among others the biggest problem with this project seems to be the fact that people would not be willing to give away their great ideas for free. But there are several reasons why i think it could still work out fine:
-open source basically has the same problem but it still works pretty well
-many people are aware, that they will never realize their ideas lacking the opportunity to ever do so
-by making the idea public people might have the best chance to ever see that idea done
-by publishing your idea on the site you have a time-stamped "proof" that it was your idea
-if you integrate crowd funding in the same platform you could easily reward the inventor even if he wasn't able to contribute more than the mere idea
-if another company would rip the idea vs a start-up using the platform the community could only support the original project thus making it less attractive to openly steal those ideas

My hopes are such a site would essentially bring together the creative minds with the huge amount of skilled people that are able to help them archive their ideas. I would also like this site to be based on bit-coins, but i assume it is not easy for a start-up to work with bit-coins at the moment.
I'm pretty sure that i am not the first one having this idea, but i did not really find anything close to it so i wanted to start some discussion about it myself.
Do you think a site like this could work? Do you see any problems i overlooked?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: