Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ICOs everywhere, What's your take on them?  (Read 819 times)
tryer12 (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:36:21 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 12:21:20 PM by tryer12

Hello,
Edited my message

What makes you support an ICO ?
Thanks.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:54:59 AM

Most of the ICOs are not profitable to anyone. While I say most of them are not good, but still there are few ICOs which are linked to a real life business. When a new company decides to list in to a stock market, they offer their shares through IPO which is Initial public offering. But in real life stock market, we have regulators who ensure that the company is already an established one and they have registered profits since last three years (in my country). But the ICO is a method through which a company raises funds for their upcoming ventures. So they want to raise fund for a business which is yet to come and doesn't exist now. So the risk is very high.

China has already banned ICO and Canada government has already started cracking them down. Which looks like a proper step to me. If it can't be regulated now, it will become a ponzi market and people will start loosing big amounts of money. Invest in ICO but make sure they have a legal business to back them up.

Zorbak

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:58:36 AM

Nowadays ICO explose, most of them are fake just to make fast money, some have really great ideas but they will not success, but just a few can be a great investment, its very difficult to choose the right one but some can be very profitable/have a great future
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:03:59 AM

I believed that there are still profitable icos coming soon and we can get more free token from their pre sale. I experience to participate in icos and i can say that i get more profit on it or i am too lucky that i engage in good ico with a successful project. But remember the first rule in investment just invest the amount that you can afford to lose.
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:07:31 AM

new ICOs everywhere, new scams everywhere, it's more and more difficult to find a good one
tryer12 (OP)

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:13:02 AM

Isn't there any action people can take againts these ICOs who doesn't fulfill what they promise , Or don't even provide you with the tokens? Seems to me they are just promise promise promise and then they just get a token with no features out that they probably made in few days and give it to you, is it correct in some cases?
arnbrd

Activity: 141

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:18:38 AM

ICOs are the next step in the financing world. For those who choose the good ones, it is very profitable. I made some nice money on Waves for example.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:20:28 AM

there is an easy way open for those who know how, to scam people. so they will use it as much as they can and as long as they can. so lots of them will be created, exploiting this "opportunity".
as long as people are paying them money they will keep on creating the crap and sell it to them and make money from their idiocy.

it is like the premined coins which were pretty common not so long ago. the dev premines the coin saying we need the funds to develop and in a short while after they liquidate those funds, the development stops.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 10:25:25 AM

Isn't there any action people can take againts these ICOs who doesn't fulfill what they promise , Or don't even provide you with the tokens? Seems to me they are just promise promise promise and then they just get a token with no features out that they probably made in few days and give it to you, is it correct in some cases?

This technology is still on early stage. This is why there are so much scammers popping up everyday and selling other people empty promises and hopes. This is very bad for the reputation of the concurrency world. I am sure it will get better by time. There will be some ways to prevent people losing money on some level. Also, people are getting smarter as well. Usually newbies who are too lazy to make a few google search or read here, are getting scammed.

wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:26:36 AM

Be aware and careful. There are a lot of scams. Before invest - read WP, look at the team (if there are anons only - it`s bad signal) and what they already did.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:12:22 AM

The  major reason we have  most of the ICO is for the purpose of crowdfunding. It is not only a way of bringing new coin but a way of funding an idea.
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:15:42 AM

Most of the ICOs are not profitable to anyone. While I say most of them are not good, but still there are few ICOs which are linked to a real life business. When a new company decides to list in to a stock market, they offer their shares through IPO which is Initial public offering. But in real life stock market, we have regulators who ensure that the company is already an established one and they have registered profits since last three years (in my country). But the ICO is a method through which a company raises funds for their upcoming ventures. So they want to raise fund for a business which is yet to come and doesn't exist now. So the risk is very high.

China has already banned ICO and Canada government has already started cracking them down. Which looks like a proper step to me. If it can't be regulated now, it will become a ponzi market and people will start loosing big amounts of money. Invest in ICO but make sure they have a legal business to back them up.
I actually agree, everyone seems to be peddling a new coin every month and then they seek people to invest into them but actually they are scammers and the new way to rip people is launching ICO'S and ripping people who invests into them. One should diligently research and ask team necessary questions before investing into any ICO.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:30:27 AM

Explosion of appearing ICOs because they see this is the easy way to attract people and take money from them. Some are good but I would say very few of them and the rest are just scam so there is need to be very careful and check all the information. It's similar situation when cloud mining was very popular and everyone wanted to be part of that but many lost their money. So be careful with ICOs and don't fall for empty promises.

malaj
bitalive

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:32:03 AM

I always spend a little time before I trust any of them because there are some SCAM ICOs. Right now studying Ankorus - seems legit.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:39:17 AM

I am really disappointed with those pump and dump ICOs out there, who looks for investors and later on they will gonna turn to scam, which lead people to think that crypto is full of scammers, its good reputation turns to negativity, which is so bad, it affects all and entire image
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:40:38 AM

I will say 70% ICO are just there to scam people and even few with good team and registered company are scamming investors in complicated way. Take an example of Monaco (MCO) they have raised millions, advertised token using ICO funds, created Hype about their token which will be mandatory for anyone who want to buy card from them, these all boosted price of monaco to over 20x within few months.

But now they have removed that mandatory requirement to have MCO to order cards in the name of legal obligations, this is also one form of scamming investors. So ICO are only best for quick profit, for long term holding top performing alts with high marketcap and strong community behind are the only best option.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
kenkoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:10:26 PM

Its a trend now. Initial coin offering,  crowdsale,  some are legit.  Legit when their whitepaper is good,  the theam behind the product is searchable and with good track records. Usually,  a good ico is when the team behind it is already investing money on it. The purpose and functions are precise and relevant. Sadly,  there are still ICOs released today who are scam and using ponzi schemes to attract investors.

I think the government should focus their effort on filtering this scam ICO as this is making bad impact on cryptocurrency in general.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:26:10 PM

No, I dont really support ICO because most of the ICO is only going to give advantage for the coin developers not the users, and most of the ICO is scamming people or going to be dumped by the developer as soon as they got money, ICO had given a bad reputation for an alt coins due to the so many scammed attempts
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:03:24 PM

Yes i agree with you to some extent, there are many number of ICO's release everyday and it is very difficult to find the best out of them. Every sector and every industry are trying to make their own coin, but i dont think there should be a coin for each industry and job sector. Actually for trader's and investor point of view the coin must have good value supporting them and also it should meet the good technology barrier supporting that coin, which is lacked in most of the ICO's and that's why i don't like to invest in them unless there is rock solid value supporting them.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
Aba

Activity: 431

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:33:13 PM

I chose ICO based on the ideas and concepts of the ico, which are will  determine the success of an ICO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: