Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i havea question about getting loans  (Read 789 times)
CardShark659 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:35:17 PM

what is proper form of collateral? and why is address id and other such personal info need including SSN?
anyone done loans or got loaned ever get idenity stolen from loans or know of anyone? im a noob here not quite
sure how site works with this process ive seen other loaning sites where you needed to verify id ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CardShark659 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:36:46 PM

also i read the post i understand personal ID and stuff but ssn is a lil outrageous
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

what is proper form of collateral? and why is address id and other such personal info need including SSN?
anyone done loans or got loaned ever get idenity stolen from loans or know of anyone? im a noob here not quite
sure how site works with this process ive seen other loaning sites where you needed to verify id ?

Ask yourself what information you would want before giving money to somebody you met on the internet? How do you verify that the person you are talking to is giving you the correct information? With bitcoin there is nobody who can reverse the transaction if they do not repay, so you have to be really careful.

Think of it just like if you are walking down the street and some guy you have never met before asks to borrow a couple hundred dollars cash. Would you hand over what is in your wallet?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
CardShark659 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:43:54 PM

oh ok i kinda of understand now
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:37:32 AM

I have no interest in your IDs beyond making sure that you are who you claim to be.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:39:07 AM

^^^^ Nor in collateral that cannot be claimed legally or realistically. ^^^^

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:43:53 AM

Actually, you can reclaim the loans (I'm sure borrowers won't repay to me if I scam).

Mind sharing a government insured bank that accepts Bitcoin deposits? No?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:47:22 AM

I was referring to people asking for loans using IDs but trying to use some random things (a car, apartment in a foreign country, stocks, etc) that cannot possibly be claimed, as collateral. I have no advice on what can be used for collateral though. Loans are not an easy business.

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:47:27 PM

I was referring to people asking for loans using IDs but trying to use some random things (a car, apartment in a foreign country, stocks, etc) that cannot possibly be claimed, as collateral. I have no advice on what can be used for collateral though. Loans are not an easy business.

You could use stocks if they are BitFunder or BTCT stocks. Transfer the shares between the accounts, when the loan is repayed transfer them back. Although, this sort of thing is more like pawning than usual lending collateral.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:55:14 PM

You could use stocks if they are BitFunder or BTCT stocks. Transfer the shares between the accounts, when the loan is repayed transfer them back. Although, this sort of thing is more like pawning than usual lending collateral.
That's true, I'm not sure of those stocks are legitimate sources for a loan though. Even the legally registered Bittalk Media shares (I hold 23.5%) were going to be used for a loan to pay some business debts after my fall out last year, but a malicious board member formed a hostile takeover and blocked sales of shares while attempting to remove shares from me through shady ways. That has forever changed my opinion of the real value of shares in anything. As a side note, people buying shares of fly by nights on the forums always amazed me.

Tulkas

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 04:54:03 PM

You can verify your ID with us. You can also put BTCT.CO assets in escrow with us automatically.

The loans are subject to arbitration and your ID information will only be revealed to lenders if you default.

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: