Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin makes frontpage of Financial Times magazine  (Read 4273 times)
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

I'm feeling the price will explode upwards once market sentiment against the manipulators is forgotten about or so predictable that the whales end up losing money.

This news is very bullish, our market cap is so small that even 1% investment from some of the FT whales would prop us up at least $20.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197892.0

Cheesy agreed

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:15:06 PM

I'm feeling the price will explode upwards once market sentiment against the manipulators is forgotten about or so predictable that the whales end up losing money.

This news is very bullish, our market cap is so small that even 1% investment from some of the FT whales would prop us up at least $20.

I have 100 BTC in a cold wallet, sue me. This beats playing flash games at work.  Cool
Too bad I thought you had 10,000 USD available to buy coins...
Jozzaboy (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:20:38 PM

I have 100 BTC in a cold wallet, sue me. This beats playing flash games at work.  Cool
Too bad I thought you had 10,000 USD available to buy coins...

I do...I could also sell my silver and car, have around 20k available. Would that make you happy? I'll looking for a good low point brother... add to my total bitcoins then come back in a month!

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:24:36 PM

Then why are you still posting and not logging into mtgox right now?

Oh and I'm sure there is a bunch of other stuff you could sell too!  Cheesy
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:27:34 PM

What is the ft magazine?

This. They might get more publicity from us than Bitcoin from them.
Jozzaboy (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:30:15 PM

Well my Mucus old sport, there is no fun in trading if you can't deliberate over when to purchase. Besides, I'm interested in seeing what will happen this coming Sunday.

As for you Frozenlock, Financial times is a very well known publication in investment circles. Audience is not a concern.

lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:56:13 PM

What is the ft magazine?

Huh You mean Financial Times might get more publicity from US? Or their "magazine" weekly edition. You do know what FT is, right?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

What is the ft magazine?

Huh You mean Financial Times might get more publicity from US? Or their "magazine" weekly edition. You do know what FT is, right?
+1 Cheesy
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:08:33 PM

Well, hopefully this article gets a few wealthy people interested then they decide to buy a good amount, which with then bump the price and all the other wealthy guys just watching it out of curiosity will see the crazy gains that can be made in such a short period of time and then they decide to join in the "fun" and we have another crazy week or two of skyrocketing prices as greed takes over.

That would be nice anyways.  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Frozenlock

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:11:14 PM

Nope, never saw it before. Which is my point.

While Bitcoin has been constantly on Techcrunch, Hacker News, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, The Economist, Forbes, Mises Institute, 4chan, Radio ads, and national TV news in many countries.
Oh, and special 30 minutes reports on China's national TV.

My coworkers and my parents' coworkers have heard of Bitcoin.
Even my grandparents heard of Bitcoin!
We aren't a year ago anymore...

How much readers are now seeing FT through this forum, reddit, or other affiliated Bitcoin platforms, compared to the number of readers who are just discovering Bitcoin with FT?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:31:47 PM

While Bitcoin has been constantly on Techcrunch, Hacker News, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, The Economist, Forbes, Mises Institute, 4chan, Radio ads, and national TV news in many countries.

How much readers are now seeing FT through this forum, reddit, or other affiliated Bitcoin platforms, compared to the number of readers who are just discovering Bitcoin with FT?
Just FYI, the Financial Times is one of the world's leading business news and information organisations.

Your grandma might not have heard of it, but anyone with money or influence has, which is why this might be a good thing for Bitcoin (so far I think it's fair to say the FT has been negative on Bitcoin, but it's only a matter of time).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Times

Oh, and The Economist is 50% owned by the FT.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:34:40 PM

“My goal is to get rich,” says Jonathan Mohan, blunt as you like.

I stopped reading after this. If your goal is to get rich doing bitcoins, your doing it for the wrong reasons. Getting rich was a by product, and people like this don't believe in bitcoin like other people on this forum do. They even labeled him as a "Bitcoin promoter", this is insane.

The "get rich" mentality is also what is the most detrimental. These are the people who help raise it up a bit, then all of a sudden dump and move on, leaving behind a wake of destruction.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Frozenlock

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:39:35 PM

Just FYI, the Financial Times is one of the world's leading business news and information organisations.

Your grandma might not have heard of it, but anyone with money or influence has, which is why this might be a good thing for Bitcoin (so far I think it's fair to say the FT has been negative on Bitcoin, but it's only a matter of time).

Again, how many do you think will "discover" Bitcoin with FT?

If they have money and influence, my guess is that they already know what it is.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:48:22 PM

Again, how many do you think will "discover" Bitcoin with FT?

If they have money and influence, my guess is that they already know what it is.

Not necessarily true. While it does have a great chance (especially after being in the news) a lot of people, even after hearing about it, still don't understand what it is or why it matters.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:02:31 AM

Just saw this today, none of these people looks like human on earth Grin

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:07:45 AM

I lol'd at the person who posted a Paul Krugman quote  Grin

Frozenlock, I don't think it matters that rich FT readers aren't "discovering it" through the magazine. Exposure is important. If the rich folks saw it once in the news, saw a couple headlines on Bloomberg, and maybe had a chat about it for a minute with a buddy on the elevator... well, that's great. They already know about it. So maybe a nice feature (and that WAS a nice feature!) in FT will be what it takes to get them interested enough to look into an investment into some crypto startups.

You are overestimating the importance of initial impact. Nobody goes out and dumps $1m into a really obscure, unregulated internet scheme the first time they hear about it. But hear about it 5 times, or 10 times - more people are going to get interested. "Everyone who matters already knows about it" is irrelevant.

We're all spoiled since the beginning of April - we're used to EXPLOSIVE levels of growth. Now we're back to slower growth levels and it feels like the end of Bitcoin. Truth is, more and more businesses are accepting, more startups are forming, more people are learning about it and installing clients. Sure, everyone's holding their breath waiting for a good buy point, but everything thing else is chugging along nicely. Choo choo! Let the FT money flow in.

Time for an FT bump thread? Or is this it  Grin
Jozzaboy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:09:21 AM

Just saw this today, none of these people looks like human on earth Grin

Heh, most innovators of Bitcoins are nerds. Internet powered money, go figure!  Wink

Frozenlock

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:09:26 AM

Eh, I might have developed a hype resistance after too much exposure.

I need a withdrawal period.
lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:10:24 AM

It's a favourite read of all city boys, and you are expected to read it if you are going for jobs in the IB industry. Many universities will have its subscription for students to read. Go into the tube at around 8:15 and earlier and you will see a lot of orange pages Smiley
Jozzaboy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:16:12 AM

It's a favourite read of all city boys, and you are expected to read it if you are going for jobs in the IB industry. Many universities will have its subscription for students to read. Go into the tube at around 8:15 and earlier and you will see a lot of orange pages Smiley

And there is nothing a young venture capitalist with a wavy hair-do and thick-framed glasses love more than a high risk, very high return innovation. I am pretty bearish for Sunday morning but after that, I can see 110-120 rather easy.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: