Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:11:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to finish what I started (HayekCoin)  (Read 1049 times)
AlexMerced (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 08:10:10 PM

Hey Everybody,

Havn't posted in the last month cause work has been busy and I have had to travel all across the country to train people (I train people in the financial industry for a living, fun job). Anyways, I had started working on the code for an NOVELTY altcoin to commemorate F.A. Hayek an economist who wrote about free markets for currencies.

I'd like this altcoin to exist more as a collectors item than I true bitcoin alternative, but it'll be awhile before I get the time and skill level to complete this so here is what I've done so far if anyone would like to finish it up (just need to have a genesis block generated and coded then be compiled, otherwise I think it was done code wise)

https://github.com/alexmerced/hcoin

But yeah it'd be cool for their to be a hayekcoin (surprised nobody made a rothbardcoin yet)

Alex Merced
Libertarian101.com

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:11:42 PM

I was actually just thinking we should make a salma hayek coin

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:16:13 PM

Hey Everybody,

Havn't posted in the last month cause work has been busy and I have had to travel all across the country to train people (I train people in the financial industry for a living, fun job). Anyways, I had started working on the code for an NOVELTY altcoin to commemorate F.A. Hayek an economist who wrote about free markets for currencies.

I'd like this altcoin to exist more as a collectors item than I true bitcoin alternative, but it'll be awhile before I get the time and skill level to complete this so here is what I've done so far if anyone would like to finish it up (just need to have a genesis block generated and coded then be compiled, otherwise I think it was done code wise)

https://github.com/alexmerced/hcoin

But yeah it'd be cool for their to be a hayekcoin (surprised nobody made a rothbardcoin yet)

Alex Merced
Libertarian101.com

His words are really ringing true these days..
eddyfitz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

Hope it will be released by anyone
AlexMerced (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 10:34:30 PM

Hope it will be released by anyone