Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What percentage of ICOs do employees get  (Read 209 times)
Deltaforcing (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:15:57 PM

This question is mainly for those who have taken part in ICOs or are in the process of launching one. But anyone is free to answer!  Grin

So if you are not a co-founder but are among the first 5 employees, what % of the ICO proceeds will normally be allocated to you?  Is it a similar to the equity percentage early employees usually receive for joining a startup?
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:17:35 PM

It depends on the ICO and the job title of the person. The more work they do the more you can expect. I would think developers get the biggest cuts.

chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:22:52 PM

I think so the most rewarded are the developers . Second category comes for the employees who are there in the ICO since its inception and wait for some tenure till the ICo gains some value and also the company performs on its product front as well. Even the investors get rewarded well once their product and their company follows the road map as per their white paper. I still believe the people who are associated with the ICo since the inception are more rewarded.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:25:50 PM

It really depends on the ico itself, most of the times this won't be anything over 10% of the total supply otherwise people will become very sceptical, since the market influence from the employees is way too high. Normally  you can find this kind of information in the whitepaper of the ICO or they disclose it on their site. If they don't disclose it at all, or if it's very unclear I would seriously consider to stay away.
Deltaforcing (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:32:07 PM

Thanks for the replies. So for normal early stage startups, developers usually get 1-2% equity (if they are not at co-founder status). Thus, can they expect 1-2% for the ICO as well?

It really depends on the ico itself, most of the times this won't be anything over 10% of the total supply otherwise people will become very sceptical, since the market influence from the employees is way too high. Normally  you can find this kind of information in the whitepaper of the ICO or they disclose it on their site. If they don't disclose it at all, or if it's very unclear I would seriously consider to stay away.

Yes I agree I can usually see the total supply the employees receive but I was wondering what was the typical individual breakdown
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:10:27 PM

Yes I agree I can usually see the total supply the employees receive but I was wondering what was the typical individual breakdown
Yeah that would probably be somewhere around 1-2% for leading/founding figures. I'm not sure if they disclose this publicly so I can't confidently confirm it would be 1-2% but I'm guessing it's something amount those lines.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:16:10 PM

This question is mainly for those who have taken part in ICOs or are in the process of launching one. But anyone is free to answer!  Grin

So if you are not a co-founder but are among the first 5 employees, what % of the ICO proceeds will normally be allocated to you?  Is it a similar to the equity percentage early employees usually receive for joining a startup?

No, as far as I have seen, they are allocated stakes for the jobs just the way we all are. Each and every department has their fixed distribution amounts and they are distributed only after the targets are achieved as well as they monitor their employees during the whole marketing period and reward a few guys who do exceptionally well in bringing/attracting huge amount of customers to their ICO.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:16:37 PM

It always depends on the ICO, but 0x project developed an open source protocol that should facilitate the p2p trade in tokens that support the ERC20 standard.
According it, the company will own 25% of tokens, 50% will be given to ICO participants, 15% will be retained to pay for the invited developers’ services.
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:38:33 PM

Every ICO have its rules. Most of them publish this information in their announcement or in their websites.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: