Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 01:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help a newbie underestand?  (Read 111 times)
Lifework (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:00:04 PM

Every time i feel Im gaining ground to understand this complex ever morphing system I get completely lost looking into something new.

On Bitterex there are tons of markets once you log in. What I dont get are what they are I guess? For ex: What is BTC-BCC or BTC-GNC? I see some of these sometimes that are up over 125% for the day. I guess im lost. shoudl i just keep it simple and keep investing amounts in the ones i know like BTC/ ETH or should i put more time into some of these other ones.

Ps for ETH having such raving reviews and plans for the future it sure hasnt done much. i wish i would have stuck ity in BTC this past mo.

Does everyone still have faith it will do something in the future? Just curious i realize its only been a month or two.

Thank you
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:12:32 PM

Every time i feel Im gaining ground to understand this complex ever morphing system I get completely lost looking into something new.

On Bitterex there are tons of markets once you log in. What I dont get are what they are I guess? For ex: What is BTC-BCC or BTC-GNC? I see some of these sometimes that are up over 125% for the day. I guess im lost. shoudl i just keep it simple and keep investing amounts in the ones i know like BTC/ ETH or should i put more time into some of these other ones.

Ps for ETH having such raving reviews and plans for the future it sure hasnt done much. i wish i would have stuck ity in BTC this past mo.

Does everyone still have faith it will do something in the future? Just curious i realize its only been a month or two.

Thank you

When you see pairings like BTC-BCC or BTC-GNC these represent other alt coins that are traded against BTC. In the examples you provided they are "Bitcoin Cash" and "Golem", respectively. There are hundreds of different alt coins you can buy on bittrex and if you plan to buy any of them, I would highly advise you research any coins/projects you invest in. In the beginning many people find it best to stick to some of the larger market cap coins and once they get the lay of the land, then start to explore some of the lesser known projects.

This space changes rapidly and can cycle through trends multiple times, so monitoring how these cycles and trends flow can greatly help your future investing/trading. Sometimes various cycles can be days weeks or months. If you have only been in this space a few months, I wouldn't get discouraged but use the opportunity to learn before jumping in headfirst.

To answer your final question, I have not lost faith in the projects I believe in, even the ones that seem to be doing very poorly. Will they all do well in the future? Definitely not, but many of them will in my opinion.

ranga71

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:25:02 PM

Never get caught up in wishing you would have done something, it's dangerous. Sure, everyone here wishes they got some crypto as some point for some insane returns but most of us haven't. If you get stuck in a wishing mind set you will be very susceptible to making a bad choice like hopping on a pump train at the very top because you're afraid of missing out.
taibas

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:35:43 PM

There are 2 choices in your question, depending on your choice, whether you want long-term or short term, but I think you better short-term trading

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"