Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 09:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if you send bitcoin after online vendor times out transaction?  (Read 131 times)
GCM52 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:32:09 PM

First of all forgive me if this is a dumb question, I am a complete newbie.  I am learning bitcoin and bought it, put it in my nano s wallet, and finally wanted to see how it worked to spend some.  We happened to have an iRobot vacuum cleaner go belly up on us, so I thought I would buy a new vacuum using bitcoin to see how it works (dumb mistake, get a t-shirt for $8 for the first transaction, not a $500 vacuum).  So I google companies that take bitcoin and Overstock.com does.  I order a vacuum for $500.  The transaction is timed with Overstock, you have to copy the bitcoin amount and the address into your wallet in about 20 seconds.  Well it turns out that I sent the bitcoin about 1 second after the Overstock.com shopping cart timed out my transaction.  So now my wallet is down $500, and there is no evidence of me paying anything to Overstock.com.  I called their customer service department twice, and both times the customer service reps were totally clueless.  They said no one uses bitcoin and nobody knows anything about it.  So I have no idea what happened.  Did Overstock.com still get the $500 into their wallet?  If not where does the bitcoin go?  Does it ever come back into my wallet?  Thanks in advance for any help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: