Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:11:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain the Bitcoin fork to me?  (Read 260 times)
jb1 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:18:20 PM

Hey all still very new to the crypto world holding BTC ETH and LTC.

I currently own .3 of BTC Sad but did receive an email from coinbase today saying that whatever I own in BTC i will own in B2X. Can this be looked at like a stock split in a sense?

So I will automatically own .3 BTC and .3 B2X on coinbase?
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

To explain bitcoin fork to you a person will have to write down a lot of theory here. However, you can just search youtube and a lot of videos are available which explains the fork very nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F58CGqlPhJI

Check this above mentioned video and I hope you will get all the necessary information from here.

henryc4se

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:38:15 PM

Yeah, you will get both of them. Don't use them until the fork is done, because you might lose them.
jb1 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:40:02 PM

Yeah, you will get both of them. Don't use them until the fork is done, because you might lose them.

Ill hold both long term
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:44:03 PM

Hey all still very new to the crypto world holding BTC ETH and LTC.

I currently own .3 of BTC Sad but did receive an email from coinbase today saying that whatever I own in BTC i will own in B2X. Can this be looked at like a stock split in a sense?

So I will automatically own .3 BTC and .3 B2X on coinbase?
Yes you will have the same amount of both coins, there have been two other forks recently and not all platforms will open trading for the forks but they may however give you the coins, just hold tight and see the further updates from Coinbase once the fork happens.
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:54:52 PM

A “fork” is a change to the software of the digital currency that creates two separate versions of the blockchain with a shared history.
Forks can be temporary, lasting for a few minutes, or can be a permanent split in the network creating two separate versions of the blockchain. When this happens, two different digital currencies are also created.

I just find it in web because i don't know how am i going to explain it here the link of it: https://blog.coinbase.com/what-is-a-bitcoin-fork-cba07fe73ef1
zbxfjblo

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:57:55 PM

This period, protect your wallet, hold like coins and these forks can be, waiting for profit. Cheesy
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:37:48 PM

A fork is somewhat like a hen gives an egg. Similarly bitcoin gives birth to an alternate currency by the help of developers.
It happens when they change bitcoin's formal track to a new way. The currency is distributed as equvivalent to bitcoin quantity.
For example, if you had own 0.3 BTC on the time of segwit2x, you will also own 0.3 BCH or BCG but the value varies
reduragon

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:43:40 PM

someone says, ey I am not agree with what you are doing, I will do it better, so I will create my own coin based on bitcoin but with new features and will give it to everyone who has bitcoin, bitcos is bitcoin but better, bitcoin but cash, gold, diamoind, cryptonite, saphire, or whatever with money value you imagine.... maybe someday some one will say ... ey but bitcoin is not only money is also help, and will create bitcoin help hard fork... maybe not.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: