Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going To build a rig But Need help  (Read 297 times)
Rumblemike (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:43:29 AM

Hey Everyone im new to the community and wondering if these programs and specs are good for mining but im missing a graphics card and im trying to decide im going very cheap so if anyone can help im looking for a gpu in the 150-250 Price range i like to meet at 200 if possible so i could buy 2. These are what im using give me opinions and if i need to change anything

COMPONENTS
CPU:Intel BX80677G3930 7th Gen Celeron Desktop Processors

Motherboard:  ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 13GPU Mining Motherboard CryptoCurrency

GPU: Huh? Tell me whats best but thinking a  ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition6GB GDDR5

RAM: Crucial 4GB Single DDR4 2133 MT/s

STORAGE: 64gb Usb 3.0

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-1000-V1

And a pack of: MintCell 6-Pack PCIe 6-Pin 16x to 1x Powered Riser Adapter Card (Going to expand over time)

And Jaxx For a wallet

Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:59:35 AM

If you are on a budget I'd be looking at the 3g 1060 or 4g 570.  Both should be around 200.00.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:04:53 AM

6GB 1060's will do better than the 3GB 1060's if you are mining ETH.  Not sure on other coins.  Also, the 6GB card will have better resale value.  Make sure you get a spare USB key with the OS already loaded and ready to go.  This is good in case something goes wrong with the original. 

If you feel that this is something you are going to do for a while then please get yourself a Power Supply Tester.  They are cheap enough and will save you so much time in the future if your system starts to fail.

Good luck!
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:58:02 AM

Hey Everyone im new to the community and wondering if these programs and specs are good for mining but im missing a graphics card and im trying to decide im going very cheap so if anyone can help im looking for a gpu in the 150-250 Price range i like to meet at 200 if possible so i could buy 2. These are what im using give me opinions and if i need to change anything

COMPONENTS
CPU:Intel BX80677G3930 7th Gen Celeron Desktop Processors

Motherboard:  ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 13GPU Mining Motherboard CryptoCurrency

GPU: Huh? Tell me whats best but thinking a  ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition6GB GDDR5

RAM: Crucial 4GB Single DDR4 2133 MT/s

STORAGE: 64gb Usb 3.0

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-1000-V1

And a pack of: MintCell 6-Pack PCIe 6-Pin 16x to 1x Powered Riser Adapter Card (Going to expand over time)

Nice choice, your build should be fine.

And Jaxx For a wallet

if your inclined with Linux based  systems go for it, if your comfortable with windows, grab windows 10

there are decent wallets online if you like to.

SeksiStarlord

Activity: 384
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:56:59 AM

6GB 1060's will do better than the 3GB 1060's if you are mining ETH.  Not sure on other coins.  Also, the 6GB card will have better resale value.  Make sure you get a spare USB key with the OS already loaded and ready to go.  This is good in case something goes wrong with the original. 

If you feel that this is something you are going to do for a while then please get yourself a Power Supply Tester.  They are cheap enough and will save you so much time in the future if your system starts to fail.

Good luck!

You can still mine ETH? I thought that there was a hardfork and that Erthereum is now POS, Proof of Stake?? Or am I wrong?  Huh
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:16:29 AM

Good luck!

Yeah, they will mine better but there is a cost issue.  He is trying to be around 200.  2 1060 3g will mine better than 1 1060 6g.
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:16:08 AM

Good luck!

You can still mine ETH? I thought that there was a hardfork and that Erthereum is now POS, Proof of Stake?? Or am I wrong?  Huh

Slightly wrong, you can still mine at least a year hopefully, have you heard about BYZANTIUM Fork?

https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/10/12/byzantium-hf-announcement/
Rumblemike (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

Good luck!

Thanks But How much should i profit better say make for this because im trying to make as much as possible
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:42:00 AM

Good luck!

Thanks But How much should i profit better say make for this because im trying to make as much as possible
\
At the current difficulty and price. you will make revenue at least in 2x 1060GPU:

ETH - 2.27$

Nicehash Cryptonight - 3.44$

Cost is not yet deducted, calculate your electricity rates per day then subtract to above figures, that's your probable profit as of today.

ref:

whattomine.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: