Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTG REDEEM (bitcoin gold) - STEP BY STEP (quick and dirty)  (Read 6603 times)
Bitfort (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:54:15 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 10:53:45 AM by Bitfort

Hi, I found this a very hot topic recently so here's my quick and dirty guide how to get your BTG.
I will be using coinomi (android wallet) to get my BTG (but you can also use e.g. freewallet  ... the procedure is more or less same).
NOTE: This guide will not work with segwit addresses (begins with 3).
For other supported wallets check official BTG web https://bitcoingold.org (BEWARE: some malicious wallets found their way also to official BTG web, so doublecheck user feedbacks before trusting them with your money)

UPDATE: BTG SUCCESSFULLY CLAIMED (and partly sold). Thanks coinomi and ledger.

WARNING: BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHICH WALLET YOU ARE GOING TO USE. EVEN THE OFFICIAL BTG WEBSITE PUBLISHED LINKS TO SCAM WALLETS.
I'm not going to investigate every single wallet you ask for. I already have mine BTG (used COINOMI). So please use COINOMI or do investigation on your own.

Part 1 - Wallets you own the private keys ( tested with Electrum 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 )

It's really simple (5 steps)

1 - Separate your BTC. Move them to brand new address ( this is to prevent losing your BTC if something went wrong, also your private key becomes compromised at the end of this guide) and stop using the old one

2 - wait for at least 5 confirmations (3 should be enough but more is better ... again due to security reasons)

3 - download and install coinomi https://coinomi.com/  (make proper backup etc.)

4 - in coinomi add new coin (BTG), find function "sweep" and scan QR code of your private key(s) ... this will create transaction(s) sending BTG from your address to coinomi
!!! PAY ATTENTION TO SWEEP INTO CORRECT WALLET OTHERWISE YOU CAN LOSE THEM ... GOOD IDEA IS TRYING SMALL AMOUNT FIRST AS A TEST !!!

5 - repeat second part of step 4 for every address you have BTG on ...  enjoy your coins  Wink

(doesn't work? refer to: https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000017747-i-can-t-sweep-my-btg-private-key )
(Find more detailed guide here: https://medium.com/@coinomi/collecting-your-free-bitcoin-gold-btg-coins-da937d4255d1 )

Part 2 - Ledger HW wallet

Follow this ultimate guide: https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger
(successfully claimed as well)

Part 3 - Mycelium users

Refer to Flat.E insights:

Sweep and enter seed from mycelium to coinomi does not work, key format not recognized, however restore wallet from scratch in coinomi works right away with the same seed.

At first I set the derivation path when adding the btg coin in Coinomi to M/44H/0H/0H, no btg showed up. I added a second btg coin part in the same Coinomi but now without altering the derivation path and the coins showed up right away.
or

follow this step-by-step guide: https://steemit.com/btc/@libert/step-by-step-guide-on-claiming-bitcoincash-from-mycellium-wallet-201783t112141477z

EDIT: If you think the guide too austere then please wait for some others.
I personally found this very easy (mostly due to experience with BCH fork) and do not feel it requires any special pictures, extra details etc. ( once you do it yourself I belive you'll find it simple as well ).

search words: how to redeem my BTG, how to claim my BTG, how to get my BTG, how to split BTG and BTC , BTG fork

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:15:40 AM

Thank you for the tutorial, I only have one BTC at the time of the split, this easy way for me.
But keep in mind, transfer all BTC to another BTC address before proceeding to secure your BTC.
Bitfort (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:30:00 AM

Thank you for the tutorial, I only have one BTC at the time of the split, this easy way for me.
But keep in mind, transfer all BTC to another BTC address before proceeding to secure your BTC.
You're welcome.
And yes, moving the BTC first is ESSENTIAL. I consider it almost same importancy as paying attention to sweeping into correct wallet (step 5) and making proper wallet backup.

Just a side note: Rather than how many BTC you have is important how many addresses they are scattered over ( In case you have more of them you will need to do this procedure for each address individually).

If you have all (one) BTC in single address I'll recommend you to wait a little .. for other users to test it and post feedback or so. (as you have no option how to try it with smaller amount).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

art29

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:38:59 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 08:57:10 PM by art29

how long does transaction take from Step 5? I tried it, showed up fine, but never swept it. Kinda lost. wasn't much mind you like $40, but still upset if it doesn't go through. Swept it twice, no change in balance, maybe takes time? Perhaps my current private key and coinomi are not compatible?

Update: looks like BTG team is working on the integration of my current wallet. I will be back and try again in a few days. I wonder how all these people got their BTG gold already? IS there like a futures market for BTG? Weird.
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:45:51 AM

This might come off as a stupid question, but one of my wallets only has around 0.4BTC. Would it still have the same amount of BTG? I was under the impression that only whole bitcoins will double.
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:08:42 AM

This might come off as a stupid question, but one of my wallets only has around 0.4BTC. Would it still have the same amount of BTG? I was under the impression that only whole bitcoins will double.

Yes, you can claim 0.4 or 0.04 or 0.004 ... Whatever was on the BTC BlockChain is claimable.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:34:24 AM

Thanks for this tutorial. It does get the job done quick and dirty however it would be good to add whether or not the BTG blockchain is already live. Are you already able to claim then sell your BTG? I ask this because me and the guy i'm quoting below still can't access our BTG wallets.

how long does transaction take from Step 5? I tried it, showed up fine, but never swept it. Kinda lost. wasn't much mind you like $40, but still upset if it doesn't go through. Swept it twice, no change in balance, maybe takes time? Perhaps my current private key and coinomi are not compatible?

Update: looks like BTG team is working on the integration of my current wallet. I will be back and try again in a few days. I wonder how all these people got their BTG gold already? IS there like a futures market for BTG? Weird.

Yes, you can check their website (bitcoingold.org) for a list of exchanges doing BTG futures.
ballcpe

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:16:40 AM

Can i use seed key from electrum to clam BTG?
perrysaico

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

Own Your Privacy! TOR Integrated Privacy Coin

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:04:08 PM

I moved my coins BTC coins to another wallet before doing this. But when i sweep my private key in Coinomi wallet,
the response says "The private key does not contain any funds". Why is this?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 02:25:51 PM

I moved my coins BTC coins to another wallet before doing this. But when i sweep my private key in Coinomi wallet,

Did it not have any funds at the time of the split (last Monday)?

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

snidge

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:44:14 PM

If the mainnet is not live, you won't be able to.

Is the Bitcoin Gold mainnet live?  According to their blog - https://bitcoingold.org/blog/ - they're still running the testnet, and the mainnet is still listed on their to-do list. [14:45 UCT]

Has anyone actually claimed BTG in their own wallet using the above instructions?  I.e. not simply selling/buying on an exchange without moving it out of the exchange?  If mainnet is not turned on, I don't think that would be possible.

Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:55:22 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 03:17:32 PM by Truthchanter

How do I convert my electrum private keys into a QR code?

EDIT: used bitaddress.org i was able to do an individual private key into QR code.. however I got the same the private key does not contain any funds error (I had bitcoin in the wallet before the fork)

EDIT: actually might have worked.. I had to use the compressed private key QR code and not the normal one
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

most likely in your wallet there were no funds at the time of the hard-core that was on the 25th

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Bitfort (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:57:24 PM

Time depends on current (BTG) network load ... few minutes.
So you can't see any incoming transaction to coinomi BTG wallet?
What happened when you "confirm the key sweep". Have you seen message (address, BTG balance)?

I got my first BTG from bitfinex (if you had BTC balance they credited BTG to account right after the fork).

Can i use seed key from electrum to clam BTG?

Not with coinomi. They support only individual private key formats (WIF, BIP38, mini ) if you have your BTG scattered among multiple addresses then you better wait for another wallet to implement BTG (idealy if electrum team decides to update).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

ballcpe

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:11:19 PM

Now i tried sweep wallet from electrum private key it show balance correctly but i confirm fund. there is no transaction to transfer to Coinomi wallet . I am waiting very long time to confirm. Can anyone suggest me ?

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:23:41 PM

Finally..I bet a whole lot of people who have been in a hurry will be very excited right now. I think I'm gonna leave mine for now until I have figured out what to do next as I am currently worried about comprising myself. I am pretty sure we are going to see a whole lot of posts from people with keys being stolen. I don't want to be part of that statistic.
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

That's what I need. hope to succeed! But now the exchange do not allow to withdraw and deposit BTG! So what do I have to do?
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:57:51 PM

I think the problem is applicable to every one because I also tried claiming using the sweep function from Electrum but after showing the balance it does not show up again but I guess its as a result of TestNet MainNet issue which I believe should be resolved very soon so that everyone can be happy although the BTG team are really working behind time to make this available. I hope this is not faced in the case of SegWit2x.
Hamzat

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:59:52 PM

Thanks for this
It was really helpful
fusepay

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:00:34 PM

What a nice and simple guide, I tried the mobile wallet some time ago - but sadly no go, so maybe can try the desktop version now. Will update in time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: