Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:21:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin forks destroying atlcoins!  (Read 1656 times)
ichanjay (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:31:34 AM

This is the time when I wish I had a lot of fiat money right now so I can buy more altcoins. I'm new to crypto and first time experiencing the effect of forks. For those experts, Is it possible that some altcoins will not be able to recover after the fork?
Zogrd

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:32:56 AM

yes, Alts are bleeding hard at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens if BTC corrects.
coindose

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:03:55 AM

If you look at it in a short context, yes, but  if you look at it on the bigger picture, Alts are only profiting from Bitcoin going mainstream and reaching ATH constantly.

Bitcoin has the power to drive up the whole marketcap with it with time.
kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:10:46 AM

The question is BTC destroying alts are alts pumping btc.

I think btc rise is more about the flood of money not just into btc but into whole crypto space from ICOs etc. BTC is basically doing what ETH has been doing pumping off the back of the flood of investment in alts that then pumps btc with these forks.

Its not like btc has actually started to be used more in the mainstream. If anything its started to become even less usable with ETH more looking like thr winner in real world usage.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:18:08 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 08:52:14 AM by Ucy

Well, what can Bitcoin do.. Bitcoin performance doesn't even depend Altcoin.  Its creators/developers know exactly what they want & what Crypto supposed to be.

Alt like Ethereum needs to work on publicity,  be organized,  build great community, maybe collaborate with Silicon Valley  instead of govts & dictators, invest in hardware like satellite too?, never compromise on core values of Crypto, grow consistently and  attract great investors. Ethereum too big to remain at its shameful $300 level.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:18:29 AM

yes, Alts are bleeding hard at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens if BTC corrects.

Indeed, and I'm not sure that the Bitcoin forks are to blame. Altcoins had their day in the sun during the first half of the year, and even after all the bleeding after June, the overall market cap has grown by orders of magnitude since last year.

Once BTC corrects, there should be a relief rally in alts. But I wouldn't plan on the bottom being in yet -- I'll be selling the bounce. It's possible that the alt markets have a lot of deflating to do. It's safest to wait for some signs of bottoming on the long term (weekly/monthly) charts before starting to re-enter the markets.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:22:33 AM

I address this point briefly on my thread on bitcointalk on my bet on how to hoard LTC till 5/1/18 as my mining goal.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2347546.msg23912819#msg23912819

this is a real possiblity that BTC forks of many flavors could be the new ICO and or ALT coin creation method....

Anyway, we will be the first to know I guess...(groan)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:30:10 AM

This is the time when I wish I had a lot of fiat money right now so I can buy more altcoins. I'm new to crypto and first time experiencing the effect of forks. For those experts, Is it possible that some altcoins will not be able to recover after the fork?

I don't think they will not recover after the hard forks. Traders are intelligent, after taking some nice profit out of bitcoin they knew it that correction will come. And before that happens they are jumping into some bleeding alts to take the advantage of it as that will pump later on.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:02:31 AM

Some might not recover from this but some will surely recover their former status. Therefore, they will somehow recover after all this lunacy of hardfork train is over. You just need to wait later on people will come back to alts and the one who will bleed is btc by that time probably. When the hardforks are over for sure some alts might go to the moon, some would have new all time high peaks like how btc did when it recovered from the 2013 mt. Gox dump.
i-synthestech

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:04:17 AM

BTC force is so great that it influences all the altcoins
but I am almost sure that alts will recover after BTC fork
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:07:28 AM

Welcome to crypto, when it pump then it's going to pump hard but when it get dump then it's also going to dump hard.

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:14:02 AM

The possibility that some coins not recovering will always exist. But major altcoins like ETH and LTC will likely recover though. The recent altcoins crash is fueled by people trading alts to BTC to get free forked coin. After the fork is done, that money will surely flow back to altcoins. If you want a safe bet, put your money on big altcoins (ETH, LTC, XRP)

Welcome to crypto, when it pump then it's going to pump hard but when it get dump then it's also going to dump hard.

Doesn't apply to Bitcoin, no? Cheesy
Ayaancool

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:17:27 AM

In current scenario i dont think i can able to get investment back interms of USD or other fiat Currency but the amount of bitcoin invested already less than 50% price lower it will hit even harder next 15 days till hardfork .Now am not  dare to touch any altcoins . Even i cant able to sell any of my coins some become 100X loss.
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:20:33 AM

I think the answer is positive, according to my experience from December last year, the altcoin will be recover soon, so it is a good time to buy some cheap and hot altcoins.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
torukmakto

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:22:49 AM

Crypto economy need to bitcoin forks  because bitcoin forks provide sustainability. Without forks bitcoins economy is useless and meanless. It can damage to altcoins for some times but if you look big picture they help altcoins and ICOs
ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:25:26 AM

I think alts are near bottom before the 2X work. Maybe a bit more drop the coming few days.

Most people who want to switch to BTC before fork already did. I see a lot of sideway movement coming weeks, until fork, and then alts will boom again.
Same as in July.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:37:37 AM

Yeah fork is like cheating, giving the rich even more money. Unforunately I don't have as much understanding in Bitcoin as many here, but I'm hoping this forking is not something you can just do. Because it seems like everyone and their mother can initiate a Bitcoin fork.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:45:15 AM

I would focus on your second part of the question. I think if an alt has good potential, team and constant updates and developments, then it does not matter how many Bitcoin forks happen, that alt will eventually recover. And as for Bitcoin forks, yes they are bad for a healthy growth of alts, but then most alts are anyways useless. So why not benefit from the Bitcoin forks and then invest in good alts!!

CryptoChill

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:48:56 AM

So do you think when ppl take away some money from BTC, maybe when it reached 10k, that they will invest the money again in altcoins like dash/eth/LTC etc?
What would be a realistic scenario to push the altcoins instead of BTC?
deenny

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:52:18 AM

when is the actual date of the btc fork in this november?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: