Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The relationship between Ethereum and Bitcoin  (Read 822 times)
Gauravbhargava

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:24:52 PM

Ethereum differs from Bitcoin in some ways:

1. In Ethereum the block time is set to 14 to 15 seconds compared to Bitcoins 10 minutes.
2. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model than Bitcoin – Bitcoin block rewards halve every 4 years whilst Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.
3. Ethereum was crowd funded whilst Bitcoin was released and early miners own most of the coins that will ever be mined. With Ethereum 50% of the coins will be owned by miners in year five.
4. Ethereum uses a memory hard hashing algorithm called Ethash that mitigates against the use of ASICS and encourages decentralised mining by individuals using their GPU’s.

Stay up to date on the related topic with http://www.propthereum.io/.
Ethereum is another cryptocurrency, and one many people see as potentially overtaking Bitcoin as the dominant coin in the market. ... The difference between Ethereum and Bitcoin is the fact that Bitcoin is nothing more than a currency, whereas Ethereum is a ledger technology that companies are using to build new programs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
howtobuy

Activity: 107
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin can be see as a couple that can strengthen each other. But Ethereum can exist and work entirely without Bitcoin.
its just my guess. what about your point.

No need to put two different things in one basket. Both coins have different ideologies behind them so I don't think they are really competing with each other 
Mary ann Labor

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:37:24 AM

Both bitcoin and ethereum operate on what is called blockchain technology  but has their separation of roles and the fact that they are aiming but has a different goals. However ethereum is far more robust and in demand, It seems that Ethereum is slowly stabilizing and becoming more main stream.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:42:46 AM

Ethereum and Bitcoin can be see as a couple that can strengthen each other. But Ethereum can exist and work entirely without Bitcoin.

This are two completely different currencies. With completely different use cases. I never understand people who compare them. These two are not in competition. They can exist with or without each other. These two have strengths that are independent of each other.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:51:15 AM

Bitcoin is the first of all cryptocurrencies which have become popular and used worldwide. Ethereum will always remain a second to bitcoin. Now there are some advantages that ethereum provides over bitcoin and which is why people use it - transferring ether tokens needs ether as fuel (gas).

Without bitcoin trading of ether will be tough because most crypto traders first deposit fiat and then buy bitcoin with it which they subsequently exchange for other altcoins. If fiat<->ether conversion would be made smoother then possibly ether would be traded more easily.

This does not mean ethereum need bitcoin to function. As a service ethereum does not need the help of other currencies

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
khokon150

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:57:34 AM

I think there are no relationship between Ethereum & Bitcoin.Two are different currency.ETH is known as alt coin but BTC known as digital currency.Bitcoin ranking is top & BTC popularity is better then ETH.ETH position is after Bitcoin i know.Two this coin future so much potential.
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:13:28 AM

I think personally,!!ethereum is one of the bitcoin competitors that can take the hearts of people even though the price issue is still far behind with bitcoin,and
anyone can get the token in ethereum, for example the new account in btt can follow the token project that can be sold in eth market..besides that how to follow its easy enough not as tight as bitcoin and many new btt accounts popping up.
but I am currently, not enough knowledge to follow the project in bitcoin..!
need to learn a lot from the seniors in btt ..Smiley

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:52:05 AM

Bitcoin and Etherium are like iPhone and Xiaomi. First one is a king and is somewhat overpriced another one is much cheaper for the same or better functionality. Trust me, Etherium is gonna go up rapidly when people will realize that it's more convenient in some cases (like smart contracts and etc.)
Agree. Iphone cannot dominate the market forever, the meta will change in future.

mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:23:34 AM

Yes, Btc and eth are the strongest at the moment
. But I think that is often used by investors is Btc.
shohelalam

Activity: 197

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:44:12 PM

NO.. There are have  no relationship between Ethereum & Bitcoin.Two are different things. Ethereum is known as altcoin  and its have own blockchain, the store other asset or token and they have smart contracts. But bitcoin known as digital currency. Both coin can be mining. Bitcoin ranking is top position and  bitcoin popularity is better then ethereum. But Both coin have good future and really potential and profitable.
rurubot

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:55:52 AM

No need to put two different things in one basket. Both coins have different ideologies behind them so I don't think they are really competing with each other 

I agree with it. Because in this present time, there is no direct relationship between bitcoin and ethereum. When the price of bitcoin increases or decreases, the ethereum remains unchange.

(ಥ_ಥ) I AM STILL (ಥ_ಥ)
 (´・ω・`)LOOKING FOR( ˘•ω•˘ )
d(=^・ω・^=)b RIGHT BOUNTYd(=^・ω・^=)b
trjm79

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:47:08 PM

It all depends on what we want from these digital tokens. If we want to have a reliable token that is over protected, has high liquidity, time-proved reliability, no devaluation, in general we want to use it as a means of long-term saving, then bitkoyn is beyond competition. As a means of exchange and payment, it has a shortcoming in the form of a long confirmation time, in this field it is inferior to many other tokens (for example, Litecoin, Dash, Ethereum). This drawback is due to the underlying reasons for which reliability and stability are the first to be borne out. This shortcoming will be resolved within the next 1-2 years. Without changing the basis, opportunities are being developed for creating "layers", superstructures over the main protocol, which will be used for comfortable exchange (trade) and payments (deferred payment). And also the creation of contracts, applications, etc. And in this respect bitkoyn is very consistent. After all, you can not be everything at once. First you need a solid foundation, then build on
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:52:35 PM

I agree. Both bitcoin and ethereum are currently very strong and other coins will always have a tough time catching up to them. I do feel that there is a unique relationship between these two coins, but bitcoin will always be my favorite among those two if I had to choose one mainly due to its value and features that I have fallen in love with.

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:54:23 PM

Yes ethereum provide solution to create smart contracts where most of the coins are tokens exist based on ERC20 or above token which is created on ethereum platform . Bitcoin is payment solution where its already beating worlds most popular payment metheod even veterans like amazon , Microsoft started to accept bitcoin as payment mode.

Totally agree with this, bitcoin is widely used for transactions while ethereum is commonly used for token payments in ethereum platform. There is no direct relation between the two because each of them has different characteristics and both has good potential. Both of them are convenient to use because bitcoin made daily transactions easy, while ethereum made crypto trading convenient.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:58:28 PM

This relationships remind me the case of the first social networks. Zukerberg created the Facebook and initiative Russian guy just copied it and appeared Vkontakte which is also wery popular at all post USSR and not only space. I use it too, cause of I like the opportunity to listen music and watch movies directly from there. So, it is even better to me than Facebook.
With Bitcoin and Etherum the same. Russian guy (again) Vitalik Buterin copied Satoshi Nakimoto's Bitcoin and Etgerum appeared and again, it is better than original Bitcoin Grin I think those two currencies will stay competitors forever and they will have their own fans.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:39:21 PM

I agree. Both bitcoin and ethereum are currently very strong and other coins will always have a tough time catching up to them. I do feel that there is a unique relationship between these two coins, but bitcoin will always be my favorite among those two if I had to choose one mainly due to its value and features that I have fallen in love with.
I think the only relation between bitcoin and Etherium is that both are crypto currencies, and otherwise there is no any other relation between the two. Bitcoin is the base currency while etherium is a alternative currency of bitcoin, but after bitcoin Etherium is the 2nd best currency where people are showing interest to invest money there.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Hach

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:38:19 PM

And Bitcoin worked pretty good even before Ethereum. There is no relation between them. Just independents 2 cryptocurrencies with different blockchains.

PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:41:10 PM

While they might strengthen each other, long term they are direct competitors.

While I like ETH better, who knows which one gets the throne in the end. Perhaps neither of them.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:49:18 PM

Both have different advantages but the core of both of them is an asset at the same time as now,related indeed but still more in the BTC is promoted by many traders out there who have increased the price.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:25:23 PM

Note that whenever I open the Ethereum website - https://ethereum.org/ - some kind of application takes over my Internet connection and starts using my computer for who-knows-what, downloading who-knows-what into my appdata temp file. I don't have to try to download anything. It is beyond the page simply loading.

This is one difference between the main pages of Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: