Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:41:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you sell your ETH to buy BTC right now?  (Read 1521 times)
tgPowell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:46:53 PM

Some ETH need to work with tokens. The rest was sold at summer
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:58:49 PM

at the present time I would not sell, because I suspect that ETH will have a high value, seeing other currencies more ETH not
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:40:41 PM

I guess it is not wise to sell all your ETH inexchange for bitcoins.It would be okay if you split your investment incase when the price of bitcoin will eventually drop. You can have a 70% btc and 30% btc ratio.Bitcoin price increased yet very alarming and sudden.
soupyyo

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:56:23 PM

It is not a good idea if you think bitcoin will increase after fork.
KarenTalk

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

No, I wouldn't sell ETH fot BTC, I believe in its future. Besides you never know what will happen next in this sphere, so just splitting your assets is a better solution

No, I recommend to hold in Bitcoin and Eth in order to diversificate risks.
LeaderAMB

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:44:36 PM

The position of ETH is not very clear now. Leaving much ETH in hold is not worth it. Maybe after the transition to PoS ETH will strengthen but this is not a fact.

Sorry i dont know what are you saying? what is ETH problem? i think you should not sell ETH to buy bitcoin, bitcoin have price is too high but compare to ETH. ETH is potential will big increase in 2018

whatsamattayoueh

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:44:35 PM

I've been considering selling my ETH all day to put into BTC. Just can't make up my mind

I did it long time ago. Ethereum's parity got hacked today again, not looking good.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

Don't sell them. ETH looks very promising and will probably have a great value in the near future.
Good thinking but for me it depends on "amount" of etherum that he has cause if it is more than thousand dollars he could invest and earn more with bitcoin after down which will be in near future.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:03:28 PM

I've been considering selling my ETH all day to put into BTC. Just can't make up my mind

I did it long time ago. Ethereum's parity got hacked today again, not looking good.

I would hold Ethereum at your place because their course should soon jump. Watching the market, I believe that it will soon be a decent competition on the BTC. I've invested a little bit and I'm holding on and I'm counting on more.
bmichael05

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:23:53 PM

I think the diversivication is the best thing ever. Sell a few eth to diversificate your portfolio.

▃▃▃▌▌  STORIQA  ▐▐▃▃▃▃
Global marketplace
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:27:17 PM

I think not. ETH/BTC exchange is falling while the price of bitcoin rises. I think its smarter to wait for a more profitable price.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:36:09 PM

That's a good decision tbh because the value of ETH is sliding in flow with the alts' destruction going on with Bitcoin on the rise.
But have it sold immediately and buy back after hard fork as alts are surely going to see a great recovery after we pass this.
ETH and other solid looking alts (only a few ones) will survive and others which were just for pumps won't remain in the game.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:44:54 PM

Bitcoin are growing now. However, BTC shows the larger growth.

I would make an exchange of some ETH for BTC, but I will not sell them all. Then I will compare profits in both cases.
But I hope that ETH will rise up. I think it should cost around 700$ now, because so many ICOs doing on Ethereum!
gmf1000

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:48:44 PM

I would hold my ETH untul next year,, because some people said ETH price will rise at the end of this year, well I don't know if that's just a rumour...
but tbh, ETH to BTC rate is very low today, so I would just hold it anyway ~

Bitcoin are growing now. However, BTC shows the larger growth.

I would make an exchange of some ETH for BTC, but I will not sell them all. Then I will compare profits in both cases.
But I hope that ETH will rise up. I think it should cost around 700$ now, because so many ICOs doing on Ethereum!

I hope that too mate,,, ETH price will rise ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:01:26 PM

I don't think you should choose. It is better to hold both and be happy with that then go all in and risk it with picking just one. You should have a nice spread over your investment money.
Rickirs

Activity: 206
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:18:17 PM

That's a good decision tbh because the value of ETH is sliding in flow with the alts' destruction going on with Bitcoin on the rise.
But have it sold immediately and buy back after hard fork as alts are surely going to see a great recovery after we pass this.
ETH and other solid looking alts (only a few ones) will survive and others which were just for pumps won't remain in the game.
Certainly a decent advice. Fortunately I have not much at stack, guess I will wait and watch stuff.
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:44:48 PM

why do not you keep eth until bitcoin has a strong price adjustment eth will increase again. Bitcoin is at its highest level since its inception, but if you sell eth now and invest in bitcoins then I think not. Suppose you sell eth and buy a large amount of bitcoin and the price is constantly dropping compared to the price you bought leading you to no word from what you do.
CryptoX006

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:24:45 PM

I would split my investments because if bitcoin goes lower then ethereum will gain and vice versa. Do mind the hard fork coming up when investing in bitcoin, also note that BTC is overvalued right now and a big dump might be in the making.
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:38:10 PM

Bitcoin is reaching new highs and a lot of people are predicting a correction very soon so it probably wouldn't be wise to do it just yet and wait for more bang for your buck
Short term, this guy might be right.  Long term tho?  IMO I think BTC will out perform ETH medium to long term so yes, I would.  I say this while still holding a small % of my portfolio in ETH, but I have always been a fan of BTC and continue to hold a larger % of my portfolio in it. 
buy-it

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:32:59 PM

At this juncture, any member has the right to his opinion. To me, with the current fork, I can make my eth to btc 40% to 80%, preparing myself to withstand whatever consequence. Afterall, business is risk.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: