Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:18:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you sell your ETH to buy BTC right now?  (Read 1517 times)
lilybitcrypto (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:09:15 AM

I've been considering selling my ETH all day to put into BTC. Just can't make up my mind
BitcoinCurve~

Activity: 80
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:15:42 AM

Bitcoin is reaching new highs and a lot of people are predicting a correction very soon so it probably wouldn't be wise to do it just yet and wait for more bang for your buck
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:18:05 AM

I've been considering selling my ETH all day to put into BTC. Just can't make up my mind

Well first of all this topic belongs in the trading discussion section, As for what you should do, Nobody can help you with that, We don't know what the future holds, Maybe BTC will crash right after hitting the $7000 mark, or it may skyrocket to $30,000. So its a risk, Trading always is, What i can recommend to you right now is, don't invest any amount which you can't afford to lose. BTW if i were you, i would wait till this 2X drama is over.
valvevow

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:27:27 AM

It is not necessary, I myself hold a lot on the air and soon it will rise and bitcoin will fall on the contrary. So do not make hasty decisions, wait time.

cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:55:04 AM

No, I wouldn't sell ETH fot BTC, I believe in its future. Besides you never know what will happen next in this sphere, so just splitting your assets is a better solution
Blue Think

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:11:29 AM

No, I wouldn't sell ETH fot BTC, I believe in its future. Besides you never know what will happen next in this sphere, so just splitting your assets is a better solution

I totally agree with it. ETH and BTC are quite solid right now so having both assets is a good thing.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 10:15:20 AM

If you sell Ethereum to buy Bitcoin right now you are literally selling low to buy high - The exact opposite method to making money! Save your Eth, BTC will drop again. Part of me thinks that Bitcoin Cash is going to take over BTC but that is just speculation
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:57:17 AM

I think you need to save all your Eth ,bitcoin price will drop soon and eth even it has a lower value for me it has a better future someday.Both of them are assets no need to worry for its price.
jamesdavidso2

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:26:32 PM

I got drunk yesterday and sold my 10 ETH. Today the rate was -12%, I am glad I did it, will buy my 10 ETH back right after the fork.
LeonidSrt

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:46:56 PM

ETH may have future, but it is has unlimited supply (== inflation), so it is not a good coin for long-term investments. However I agree that there is no reason for selling ETH for BTC (or vice versa) right now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   IMMVRSE    Disrupting the VR Industry    Whitepaper   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱  Facebook  ❱  Twitter  ❱  Medium  ❱  Instagram  ❱  Telegram  ❱  Bitcointalk
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱  Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week  ❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PalahniuKC

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:52:09 PM

Try to keep a balanced portfolio. maybe you can go for 60/40 in BTC/ETH or in the reverse order if you prefer a little bit more risky one. Do not put all your eggs on the same portfolio. Also check the news and try to analyse the possible outcome of eth and btc price in the coming weeks/months.

kiloHz

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

As above, its good to balance btc and eth in your wallet. Both currencies are strong but I think it is the worst time to trade your eth to btc.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:17:21 PM

If you sell Ethereum to buy Bitcoin right now you are literally selling low to buy high - The exact opposite method to making money! Save your Eth, BTC will drop again. Part of me thinks that Bitcoin Cash is going to take over BTC but that is just speculation

That's right. The only thing I would consider selling at the moment are altcoins forked from BTC, although you would also end up selling low to buy high, but since BTC is looking great as an investment for the future with possible Amazon acceptance and return of Chinese trading on the horizon that wouldn't be a bad idea.
ETH has still a chance to go up, like many other altcoins. I still hold some coins although they've been sluggish lately (LTC for instance).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptoDARO

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 07:18:33 PM

I'd rather sell my BTC and reinvest after SegWit 2x hard-fork.
risatrakib

Activity: 823
Merit: 500

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 07:34:04 PM

Everyone is now selling their altcoins and buying bitcoins thats why bitcoin price is so high and altcoins are dumping . Thats why this is the right time to buy altcoins like eth and waves . You can make a massive profit in coming days through Altcoins .

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1336

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:52:49 PM

Well, you have to do decision yourself. Peesonally, I wouldn't sell my Ethereum for Bitcoins now. Ethereum isn't big part of my portfolio and I'm holding it in long term.
Now mostly people changing their altcoins into bitcoins as they are preparing for upcoming hard fork and this is why mostly altcoins price decreased so much recently. Maybe now it's better to increase your altcoin assets, including Ethereum. I think you will benefit from it more than if you buy btc which is hitting price records day by day. It's hard to predict how long it will continue.
Anyway, you will have to decide and take responsibility yourself, we only can advice.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:21:01 AM

If you are thinking about long term investments, I would recommend holding some of both Bitcoin and Etherium long term. So the answer to your question would depend on how much Etherium and Bitcoin you have and what ratio is best. I would lean to being more heavily invested in Bitcoin but I think diversifying is important.

If you are talking about short term trading, then I would only sell the Etherium for Bitcoins when Etherium was high and Bitcoin was low (or at least relative to each other). And of course I would trade the other direction when Bitcoin was high and Etherium was low.
Kyrgyzguy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:58:04 AM

Yes. I want to sell my eth and buy btc because when btc grows all walet becomes cheaper
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:31:37 AM

If I owned a larger percentage of ETH to BTC then I would sell so it the percentage was more like 80/20, but that is just my opinion.  Also, just because I would want to re adjust the ratio, does not mean I would sell right away, BTC is way up and ETH has been lagging, I would wait for the ratio to correct a bit, but then again, there is a BTC hard fork upcoming, and current futures are trading for about $1000 per B2X. 
Fishmaster23

Activity: 256

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:21:23 AM

The price of the broadcast is several times less than bitcoin, even if you sell everything, it will be hard to buy bitcoin, and it is not worth it now, who knows what will result in such a rise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: