Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:30:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term Investors Doomed  (Read 2721 times)
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:34:06 PM

Bitcoin value is going high every minute, and its gonna keep going up too. So all the people who invested their bitcoin in alts for long term are doomed now.
I don't think they will be able to recover their investments.
Are you one of those people too? What are your thoughts?

Bitcoin value is going up but that doesn't mean that it will always go up it can come down sometime, someday who knows!
Also those people who has invested their money in Alt coin they will have profit but not that much and not that fast as the Bitcoins gives.
They all have believe in alts that someday they will go up like Bitcoins when Bitcoin will lose its value.
Now the market of Bitcoin is really high but I suspect it will drop down very fast.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocurry

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:41:28 PM

Bitcoin value is going high every minute, and its gonna keep going up too. So all the people who invested their bitcoin in alts for long term are doomed now.
A few weeks or months have nothing to do with long term. And we have been seeing these kinds of movements and phases for as long as cryptos have existed, so there's nothing new here and definitely no "doom".

I don't know behavior like this is what happened in the dot com bust:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-27/what-s-in-a-name-u-k-stock-surges-394-on-blockchain-rebrand
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:58:47 PM

This is not true, some times long term investors are those who make more money.
Think investing in BTC when it was nothing...
Today you can invest to a really good ICO with long terms goals

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pay4youractivity

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:00:43 PM

Nowadays 99% of ICO is scam. And there is no way to determine which project will still be successful. This is a real lottery.

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:02:43 PM

That may be true for the majority of alts but sometime there's promising alt that keep going even though bitcoin keep increasing right the situation we are in. I invested quite a lot in neblio and so far it's going up even against btc from the ico. But i usually count my investment in usd so the only one that matter is the usd value for me.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:03:50 PM

I think there is nothing ''obvious'' in the cryptocurrency world. There are many people who are buying altcoins because of the low prices. If an altcoin price falls, it is not the meaning of that, that altcoin is useless.
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:07:39 PM

Alts have been down for years before but they came roaring back. They will do so again because people are greedy and lazy looking to get rich quick which is the selling point for alts.

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:08:49 PM

Some of my ALtcoins investment have lost more than 70% of the Bitcoin value, but I still believe it will recover, we all know the the money enters the space through Bitcoin and later filters to other Altcoins, it is just a matter of time

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:10:03 PM

They're not doomed, actually they know that Altcoins will have the future because people cannot afford on investing Bitcoin due to it's value. Altcoins has a potential to be the next Bitcoin and in fact, Some Altcoins have already a good price like Ethereum, Waves, Ripple and Bitcoin cash and Bitcoin Gold. So, investors aren't doomed because Altcoins has a good future and Cryptocurrency is the future of economy and trade.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:49:46 PM

What you talking about? I bought LTC in the low $40s after selling $80s (after buying at $6). And sold BCH at $800s and repurchased from $450 down to $350. LTC is $55 and preparing to go to $100 - $150 (maybe a dip into $40s first or maybe now). BCH is $600+ and climbing. Nov 15 should send both up given the likely failure of 2x. Bitcoin will probably exhale into alts after topping at $8000 - $10,000 over next 2weeks. Note other scenarios are plausible though.

I am up. Why are y’all down? Maybe because you do not read my posts.

This thread is very bullish for alts. When y’all start capitulating the bottom is near.

All of my friends have finally dumped all of their alts

I have been telling my (online, because I don't know anyone in real life that even knows what bitcoin is) friends to get rid of their altcoins, because sooner or later there would be a massive bull run to bitcoin that would last months. They never believed in what I had to say. "Bitcoin maximalist" they would accuse me off.

Recently, they finally dumped their alts, which they were holding in hopes of a pump to make more bitcoin with, and simply held BTC. They have dodged the massive alt crash that has brought up BTC back above %50 of the crypto marketcap dominance.

Im not saying all altcoins are shit, but most are. It seems finally reality is kicking in amongst noobs that thought they could get easily rich with altcoins, and they are finally going back to BTC.

Ah the bottom is near. Massive rise in alts ahead as BTC tops out at $8 - $10k and the exhale into alts begin, repeating August again after the 2X fork fails and Bitcoin gold dividend is collected.
Zeeks

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:56:36 PM

Alts are part of the crypto eco system and will always be, if you think bitcoin is the future, then for sure there is a place for alts as well.
You don't see just 1 stock trading on the stock market either.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:07:00 PM

all people who entered the crypto market after august are showing their investment melting!

for me my investment is the same after 4 months but i expect that i will loss something like 50% in the near future!
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:20:14 PM

We may have one more move down for the alts, if BTC makes a quick lurch towards $10k. After that, I expect an exhale into alts later this month. First the major alts, then later the lesser alts.

That is presuming the entire crypto market does not collapse due to some black swan event.

Definitely do not want to trapped holding bags of illiquid, lesser alts when the next crypto winter comes (when ever that may or may not be).
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:50:56 PM

im one of those who invest in some altcoin before the price rise
i think i lost around 25% - 40% if i will think my investment is in bitcoin
but if i will sell my altcoin and exchange bitcoin and then $
the price is still not really have much different in the price of my investment in dollar

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:53:11 PM

if you are looking at what your would have made if you did not buy alt, it makes you feel bad, but if you look at the USD value of your funds at the time you bought the bitcoin you used in buying alts, there is no much change. It is not as bad as you think because alts will still come back up and people who are holding good alts will still profit.

Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:57:27 PM

I don't think they are doomed. The pump is just because of those bitcoin forks. When the price reached a better stability, other alts will go up again. It really depends on the coin that they invested in.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:10:05 PM

Lol. No matter how you look at it, profit is profit man. And surely, when i say a lot of people have gained a whole lot of bigger profits investing in ICOs than with bitcoins, a lot will surely agree. Anyone having profits and maintaining big profits would never ever regret investimg. Hope that clears things up for ya, lol.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:24:04 PM

Long term investors really make a good profit, but as what tings now are happening, alts is being push back due to bitcoin's persistent rise for several days now. I lost already more than 50% of my portfolio in some alts but still I am hopeful it will recover soon after correction.

Open for Campaigns
KikloV

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:22:09 PM

I think, that looking at one moment in time and basing decisions like that is the permanent forever status will lose you more money than gain.
Fact is investments are fluid and constantly changing, the smart play today will not always be the smart play tomorrow.
Long Term investments take into account aspects that are unaffected by hype
such as
ZEIT
Only coin to Solve the Following
PoS Inflation Problems       =   √ Solved moved to Ultra Low Inflation
PoW Energy Waste            =  √ Energy Efficient
PoW ASICS required           =   √ No Asics required
Massive Operating costs     =   √ Minuscule Operating Costs

Compared with BTC
BTC.............................................
Low Transaction Capacity
Energy Wasting ASICS
Increasing Transaction Fees 
Rich can jump ahead by higher fees
   Verses   
ZEIT
20X BTC Onchain Transaction Capacity
Energy Efficient
Low Fixed Transaction Fee
Transactions included in the order they were created

Long Term the Fundamentals always defeat the Hype that dominates Short Term Investing.

Cool
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:20:37 AM

I am one of those people who moved to alts... Well, in hindsight it wasn't a smart move, but if we hold long enough the market will have some other cycles which will be more profitable for altcoins vs bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: