Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoNight ???  (Read 5736 times)
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:31:51 AM

Just take your piece of the cake Tongue

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:38:09 AM

The reason is simple...

I could've mined LTC and get 3000LTC at launch before solo mining was impossible...but I mined btc instead back in november 2011...
I could've mined DRK (now DASH) and get 1200DRK at launch before solo mining was impossible..but I mined DOGE and other shit coins back in Jan 2014...
I could've bought hashpower from NH and point it to solo mine ETH back in November 2015 but I didnt have the guts to take risks back then...

I want to change back time pleaseeeee..........

Waittt....

I could buy hashpower from NH and mine ETN now....no point in squabbling over the past...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Basically same logic why ventures were willing to dump shitload of money to startups even though statistic == 90% startup fails.

Logically right and for sure same thing will happen again as it will be the same repeatition inside the mining business maybe those who knew the drill will just take the advantage and rape this coin while its giving good profits but afterwards same thing will happen and difficulty will start to rise.

phoerixx

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:40:55 AM

Hi, was straggling with ETH minnig for a while now ... but now Nicehash-CryptoNight is doing so well I am about to switch ... but i have a problem, i have to run several instances of nicehash on my rigs, one for each GPU in the box, any idea how to make it work with one nicehash instance with more similar but not the same GPU (mostly rx480) ... Any link to similar posts appreciated, Thanks
andydis

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:20:54 PM

Hi, was straggling with ETH minnig for a while now ... but now Nicehash-CryptoNight is doing so well I am about to switch ... but i have a problem, i have to run several instances of nicehash on my rigs, one for each GPU in the box, any idea how to make it work with one nicehash instance with more similar but not the same GPU (mostly rx480) ... Any link to similar posts appreciated, Thanks

Dont use the Nicehash software ,

Download SGminer and change the config to mine to nicehash
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

For cryptonight, both my gpus and cpu are showing up as 0kh/s on nicehash while they work fine on nanopool. anyone have any ideas whats wrong? my equihash gpu is working on nicehash though

for nicehash cryptonight I'm using amd stak xmr and cpu stak xmr
andydis

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

i keep getting connection errors too,

im guessing everyone is jumping on the bandwagon
Truthchanter

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:02:44 PM

Would it be smarter to just mine electroneum? I think thats what everyone is using cryptonight nicehash for.. I just don't know the profitability of mining it vs nicehash.. for now I switched back to mining xmr but may look more into electroneum
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:12:23 PM

Would it be smarter to just mine electroneum? I think thats what everyone is using cryptonight nicehash for.. I just don't know the profitability of mining it vs nicehash.. for now I switched back to mining xmr but may look more into electroneum

Well, that depends on whether you trust electroneum really. Kudos to their marketing, but I'm a bit too thick to understand what it's actually 'for' - as in the problem it's solving over others...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:13:08 PM

For cryptonight, both my gpus and cpu are showing up as 0kh/s on nicehash while they work fine on nanopool. anyone have any ideas whats wrong? my equihash gpu is working on nicehash though

for nicehash cryptonight I'm using amd stak xmr and cpu stak xmr

I was having some connection issues as well. Sometimes Nicehash accepted rates were 1-2kh/s slower than what I was doing on nanopool. I ran it over night and even with the lower accepted hash, I was making more on a daily basis.

Like others have said, we will see how long this party lasts. I'm guessing its done by the weekend.
Truthchanter

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:57:01 PM

Well, that depends on whether you trust electroneum really. Kudos to their marketing, but I'm a bit too thick to understand what it's actually 'for' - as in the problem it's solving over others...

I meant i wonder if it would be more profitable to mine it (electroneum) and sell it asap for btc every payout on the cryptonia exchange than to mine xmr. not interesting in holding the coin itself
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:30:29 PM

Today the holiday has ended. The rate dropped 3 times. Now the level of profitability again lower than Ethereum in dual mode. I switched their rigs to the standard mode. It is a pity that the party lasted so long. It's like being in a time machine in 2015. It turns out time travel is possible.
W.T.R.

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:38:54 PM

Yep, it's over.
R3kL15

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:34:52 PM

Jeez... I hope none of you pool hoppers accidentally get caught out by your pool and have your earnings redistributed to the pool. That'd be unlucky as.
digger888

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:10:45 AM

Yep, it's over.

The party seems to be back on.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:52:47 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 03:47:43 AM by flip4flop

Just downloaded Nicehash legacy and am getting 2.730 kH/s with 4x 1070s  That seem about right?  Only seem to be using ~30-40% TDP when my limit is set to 70%
gregfromo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:07:08 AM

the diff is bit high, didn't find how to change diff, tried in -xpsw d=60000 and diff_60000 but didn't work.
is it possible somehow?
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:42:04 AM

party is over, or bug was fixed ?  maybe we in vain informed everyone about this high yield

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Steffosn

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:09:32 AM

I mined about 8000 electroneum from launch til cryptopia added it to their exchange. I sold that 8000 electroneum for about 1000$ worth of bitcoin. I transferred some of the bitcoin i made, to nicehash to rent rigs to mine electroneum, and the return was crazy!, sold the elctroneum instantly for whatever price it was trading at, and transferred more bitcoin to nicehash. I repeated the process through the entire day on 2. november, and threw a little more than 1 bitcoin into nicehash altogether. Mining with 12mhs at most Smiley

Now i can sit back and enjoy watching the 3.8 bitcoin i made, litterally only from investing what i made with having mined 8000 electroneum.

Safe to say this was one of the best days of my life. Prior to this I owned around 350$ worth of crypto, that i've spent 2 months mining. Smiley

edit: Needless to say, i skipped work that day, and skipped yesterday to just for the heck of it. SmileySmiley
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:21:41 AM

I mined about 8000 electroneum from launch til cryptopia added it to their exchange. I sold that 8000 electroneum for about 1000$ worth of bitcoin. I transferred some of the bitcoin i made, to nicehash to rent rigs to mine electroneum, and the return was crazy!, sold the elctroneum instantly for whatever price it was trading at, and transferred more bitcoin to nicehash. I repeated the process through the entire day on 2. november, and threw a little more than 1 bitcoin into nicehash altogether. Mining with 12mhs at most Smiley

Now i can sit back and enjoy watching the 3.8 bitcoin i made, litterally only from investing what i made with having mined 8000 electroneum.

Safe to say this was one of the best days of my life. Prior to this I owned around 350$ worth of crypto, that i've spent 2 months mining. Smiley

edit: Needless to say, i skipped work that day, and skipped yesterday to just for the heck of it. SmileySmiley
Well done, buddy! There are still free lunches in crypto, provided you catch them at the right time!

What did you mine those ETN with? Mobile phone or PC?
Steffosn

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:45:11 AM

Mined them with only two RX570's Smiley.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: