Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which crypto currency is technically ready as a world currency  (Read 872 times)
SainagBurra

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:32:45 AM

Yes.Bitcoin can be fully used as a currency.But as it is not mined completely.It may cause fluctuations that no one likes.

Electroneum
SrujanPanuganti

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:34:06 AM

I want to see those days where bitcoin is used for day to day transactions . But I think it may take more days than I think.But btc is fully ready to be used.
Rohitha

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 04:55:33 PM

Cryptocurrency is the inevitable future. While there are many issues with the current technology, they can be overcome. In time Cryptocurrency will be way superior to fiat currency based monetary systems.

To build a sustainable and self-sufficient economy based on Cryptocurrrency, the following MUST be achieved:
- sub-second transaction times (compared to current Bitcoin transaction times running into minutes or even hours)
- sub-cent transaction costs (compared to current Bitcoin transaction cost of a few Dollars)
- scalability (the current block chain is not scalable to handle a sizable economy)
- controllable price stability (control being democratically vested in the community)
- simple and accessible interface to laymen
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:44:40 PM

Cryptocurrency is the inevitable future. While there are many issues with the current technology, they can be overcome. In time Cryptocurrency will be way superior to fiat currency based monetary systems.

To build a sustainable and self-sufficient economy based on Cryptocurrrency, the following MUST be achieved:
- sub-second transaction times (compared to current Bitcoin transaction times running into minutes or even hours)
- sub-cent transaction costs (compared to current Bitcoin transaction cost of a few Dollars)
- scalability (the current block chain is not scalable to handle a sizable economy)
- controllable price stability (control being democratically vested in the community)
- simple and accessible interface to laymen

So jute or similar then? https://github.com/Taek42/jute
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:10:28 PM

At this stage, I think we are still in the early phase and it will take at least a decade to make it almost stable in the possible ways. We have some serious issues with Bitcoin including high transaction fees and undecided legal status in most of the countries. The number of people using Bitcoins is very less as compared to that of fiat users so I believe that 10 years is a suitable timeframe to expect something concrete from it. Technically Bitcoin is a global currency even at this moment.
2342q6tegw

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:01:21 AM

Disagree we have dozens of stable blockchain ls solar-backed gold-backed computational backed. Any would be a viable replacement for bitcoin with the right marketing but would be on the level of pre ww2 fiat or asset backed money. Probably not quite able to reproduce current credit levels of fiat though
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

Also most of the people are not aware of cryptocurrency, specially most of the people around the world are not sure about it. Yes it is booming now but imagine if it would become as a real world currency the price of it will sky rocket and as you know most of the prices of cryptocurrency is really high right now.
2342q6tegw

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

My point is it is technically ready not the public is ready for it. Note however if it was fiat money then it would be valued in itself. It is actually possible to create a blockchain with inflation (quantitive easing) just allow pre-mining to appear at any block, or allow for the difficulty of mining to be adjusted. Or send payment directly to people's wallets from a minter(miner) tax
 Which by the way was what Milton said was needed for fiat to work without a central bank. (The central bank is a hack)because the technology was not available in the 40s.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:16:38 PM

For me nowadays only bitcoin. This coin has such bigger expierience in this type of "big" scale popularization that it could be the world currency.
gmf1000

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:01:18 PM

I think there are none... but BTC has the best progress into becoming world currency...
BTC is like the father of all crypto, with its price rising from the past months, BTC becoming more and more popular in the world... but still, not ready yet to be world currency...
there's still a long way to go ~

For me nowadays only bitcoin. This coin has such bigger expierience in this type of "big" scale popularization that it could be the world currency.

Yup, maybe sometimes in the future, we hope so ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
2342q6tegw

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:34:06 PM

Historically the father of all technologies are not the ones that get mainstreamed. I'm not posting this on Arparnet with my smartradio
cryptoDARO

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 09:01:58 PM

I believe that Dash can be massively adopted when they will do what they want.
Instant transactions, modern web and phone wallets (in development) and pretty secure network. You can find more info on www.dash.org. I myself have invested a bit of money into dash and intend to hold and if the project will be promising enough over time then I will continue to buy at dips Cool
Avdotiy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:22:57 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 10:20:30 AM by Avdotiy

Everything has its time. Without doubt, it is a future, but world should change for this future to become present.
Not in 5 or even 10 years, my opinion.
But the good thing is we will be prepared.

2342q6tegw

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:42:35 AM

Yup agree dash is a possibility. IMHO has a better shot than bitcoin at adoption.
Dr.ComboSushi

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:44:03 AM

Crypto should be used alongside the current currencies we have today. The acceptance of crypto on a global scale would require total effort from everybody. So a possible solution for this is the slow integration of Crypto towards everyone's daily lives. It is already onto a good start but would still have a long way to go. It just needs to keep on growing and keep on receiving support to be able to keep up with the world. But sooner or later it may actually come down for crypto to be the currency used worldwide. This shouldn't just be of concern for developers but fact is, the greater number of people sharing one goal, the faster it will be achieved. And to do this we should just keep on giving them a reason to want to develop crypto.
quedex

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 03:44:09 PM

My point is it is technically ready not the public is ready for it. Note however if it was fiat money then it would be valued in itself. It is actually possible to create a blockchain with inflation (quantitive easing) just allow pre-mining to appear at any block, or allow for the difficulty of mining to be adjusted. Or send payment directly to people's wallets from a minter(miner) tax
 Which by the way was what Milton said was needed for fiat to work without a central bank. (The central bank is a hack)because the technology was not available in the 40s.

Interesting - could you point to any link or reference?
SirgulioB

Activity: 477
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:51:24 PM

Any currency can play the role of the world. Even seashells can play the role of world currency. It's just a question of the will of governments.
And therefore, it will  not be choosen for its functionality, but for political reasons.

══════════════[ LYRA ] | Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain | [ LYRA ]══════════════
┌[ Social Media ]──▸───▸───▸───▸───▸───▸// ◈ BitcointalkTelegramTwitterLinkedIn // ┐
└ \\ ✓Customizable tokens  ✓NFTDeFiDEX  ✓Revenue share \\◂───◂───◂─── [ Main Features ] ┘
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: