Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which crypto currency is technically ready as a world currency  (Read 872 times)
grossermanitu (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:27:23 PM

G'day.
At the moment greed is controlling the majority people who "invest" in Bitcoin. There will be a moment when this changes to fear. Just wait and you will see.
In the long run this doesn't matter. If a product provides a benefit and people understand it, it will be used.

The basis of greed and fear is ignorance. So here comes my question to fight against ignorance.

Some years ago the majority of people invest in Bitcoin cause they believed in something. They believe in a decentralised currency which can't be controlled by governments and /or banks. A currency which everybody can uses without any extensive background checks or intermediary who charging fees. "Why Bitcoin?" -"Cause we believe in a better currency a better world."

So let's do it. Let's say, finally people will not buy and hold Bitcoin anymore, people will use Bitcoin. Our dream comes true. Let's say 1 Billion people will use bitcoin in their day to day lifes.

What will happen? Is Bitcoin today technically ready? Or do we need further several technical improvements? If not Bitcoin which crypto currencies is technical ready?
quedex

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:34:40 PM

Obviously, bitcoin is not ready as a world currency.

However, it is hodlers and speculators, not coffee buyers, that make it happen more soon. Why?

Hodlers and investors pour money in the network, increasing the market cap, increasing the demand for BTC and making it possible to use to move large sums of money. Moving large sums of value is a task bitcoin is suited to in a much better way than making day-to-day purchases. After all, you don't need irreversible, pseudonymous asset supported by computing power and electricity usage that shy entire countries to buy dairy products.

Speculators in turn bring necessary liquidity.

So, if you want to support the network, hodl and trade BTC, don't buy coffee :-)
grossermanitu (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:39:57 PM

So, if you want to support the network, hodl and trade BTC, don't buy coffee :-)

Why should I support the network?
articleblogin

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:51:52 PM

[/quote]

Supporting for bitcoin to become world currency.
quedex

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:04:28 PM

I'm not sure if I'm getting what you are up to.

"Why Bitcoin?" -"Cause we believe in a better currency a better world."

So let's do it. Let's say, finally people will not buy and hold Bitcoin anymore, people will use Bitcoin. Our dream comes true. Let's say 1 Billion people will use bitcoin in their day to day lifes.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:26:14 PM

What will happen? Is Bitcoin today technically ready? Or do we need further several technical improvements? If not Bitcoin which crypto currencies is technical ready?

It's not ready for a daily use. I mean it wouldn't overload the network, but the fees are too high for it to be used daily as a currency. You can overcome the confirmation problems by using services where you can register and they vouch for you with every transaction, so that when you pay in store they get a confirmation from a third party that the transaction has been sent. Services like that are being used every day with fiat money.
What remains is the fee. People will have no problems paying $1 to transfer money for a new fridge or monthly rent, but they won't do it if they are to buy a bus ticket or a pack of cigarettes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adamak2k

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:16:38 PM

Yeah, as you guys said, Bitcoin is not ready for world usage. That's why we must support it as long as it will be ready! We just have to run nodes and support developers. Yes - developers. They are working hard making Bitcoin better and better. They are currently developing Lightning Network, with this BTC will be more ready for mainstream than before!  Wink
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:56:34 PM

None of the created altcoins were even meant to be a world currency. These cryptos are created for fast and cheap transactions, not to completely overthrow the already established monetary system in place, and the fact that governments will fight hard against it, there's no way that bitcoin could replace fiat entirely. Heck, it's not even ready to accept Paypal-level of volume, how can it handle transactions in a global scale, with brick and mortar store transactions included?

You shouldn't if you don't believe in the experiment. As simple as that.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:11:46 PM

Supporting for bitcoin to become world currency.
[/quote]

No. Bitcoin i think is not ready to be use a world currency. If you're a practical person. You will know that. Look at the fee when sending Bitcoin. It's very expensive. Bitcoin is not created for that matter. They should create a crypto which don't require fee and fast transaction. I think that's the ideal crptocurrency that can be use as world currency. Bitcoin for me is a good form of investment that generates fast income. Bitcoin cannot be use a world currency.

I never seen any potential crypto that could be use as world currency. But i know some countries are trying to create their own cryptocurrency to be use as their alternative currency like Japan and Russia.
Fishmaster23

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:05:34 AM

G'day.
At the moment greed is controlling the majority people who "invest" in Bitcoin. There will be a moment when this changes to fear. Just wait and you will see.
In the long run this doesn't matter. If a product provides a benefit and people understand it, it will be used.

The basis of greed and fear is ignorance. So here comes my question to fight against ignorance.

Some years ago the majority of people invest in Bitcoin cause they believed in something. They believe in a decentralised currency which can't be controlled by governments and /or banks. A currency which everybody can uses without any extensive background checks or intermediary who charging fees. "Why Bitcoin?" -"Cause we believe in a better currency a better world."

There is still no such currency that is completely ready to replace the national currency. And the state will not allow us to introduce it so simply, it is better to create our own. In general, as long as there are no mechanisms, no understanding of how it will influence and act, everything will also remain.
Alexbit2017

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:39:17 AM

probably it's difficult and almost impossible
quedex

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:33:12 PM

There is still no such currency that is completely ready to replace the national currency. And the state will not allow us to introduce it so simply, it is better to create our own. In general, as long as there are no mechanisms, no understanding of how it will influence and act, everything will also remain.

Bitcoin will not replace the national currency in the national markets, precisely because the markets run by the national governments require national currencies to trade on these markets and pay trading fees on these markets (commonly called "taxes").

International trades and settlements are a whole different cloth, though.
chefcryptoshark

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:57:33 PM

G'day.

Part of the problem is that Bitcoin is a single-tiered network, so congestion is a problem. That is why some transactions can take 30-45 minutes to process. Nobody wants to wait 30 minutes to get their coffee. That is why there are coins like Dash, which try to address transactions much more rapidly.

My thoughts are that Bitcoin will forever remain a store of value, while other alts like Dash will be the currencies to transact with.
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:58:30 AM

Problem with most of the altcoins is that they rely on bitcoin for their value and anyway to extract that value. Worse bitcoin is volitaile so not a greta store of value. The most viable ones are things like onegram and zengold since they are backed by gold. Tether was a good choice until it lost it's value. Even with faster altcoins your still going to have issues depending on your distance from the full node. Ways around it, yet no coin has been launched that will do (Of course nothing has been designed for buying a coffee(apart from my experiment) I'm not aware of anyone able to send (transnational i,.e. not cold wallets) bitcoins in the post.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:10:55 PM

Bitcoin is by far the most well known cryptocurrency and has been around long enough to have stood up to testing and criticism over the years. Therefore it is the most likely to gain widespread adoption around the world.

There are hundreds of others cryptocurrencies that may have better features, lower fees, and faster transaction times, but none of those coins has differentiated itself from the rest to reach a market cap anywhere near that of Bitcoin.

I think this is a clear case of an incumbent that has trust and name recognition that will prevail in the cryptocurrency space, at least for now.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

Bitcoin of course. Technically no crypto coins is soo advance like BTC.
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:52:25 PM

Bitcoin has an (decreasing) inflationary rate with no way to inflate, deflate or adjust the velocity of money(bitcoin) some would argue that like gold the lack of any mechanisms are good. Current central Banks rely on keeping s certain interest rate. Of course a Dapp on a custom blockchain could do far quicker responding in minutes to keep things in the target and could actually alter it's own velocity. Keynes original problem with fiat was you couldn't pay interest directly to all the fiat holders, so you needed a central Bank.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:31:00 PM

Bitcoin was technically ready from the day Satoshi put the first node online! It's not the currency we're waiting for, it's the world!

People aren't ready for this new currency to exist in every day places. Merchants aren't ready to say "Bitcoin accepted here!" Those two groups need to mature in their comfort and become more aligned if Bitcoin is going to be a widely used currency.

People aren't hodling bitcoin because they're waiting for it to be accepted as currency. They're holding it because it's worth more tomorrow than it is today, literally.
Shivasenap

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:25:02 AM

Bitcoin is technically ready to use.Also we have other crypto currencies with added features but I think they are not necessary.
KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:30:10 AM

Bitcoin cannot be used now for buying things and etc because it is very much volatile.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: