Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:37:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius pool - what happened to all the sub 1BTC  (Read 3050 times)
JBDive (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:17:51 AM

So Eligius pool switched off US and EU servers for the new server yet I am sure dozens of others all had some minor amount in our unpaid account. What happened to all those sub 1BTC accounts, where did those coins go?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
josell

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:26:25 AM

It is supposed to be send after a week of inactivity.
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:27:42 AM

Pool admin says US already paid out, not the case.
brwyatt

Activity: 50
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:06:55 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2011, 05:38:18 AM by brwyatt

I had 0.4 in the US pool when it went down, and 0.9 in the EU pool when it was taken offline and things switched over to the S3 server. I did have a 0.4 payout on the second S3 block, but that was for my participation in the pool, and was not the payout from the US pool (or so I assume?). I really feel I've been shorted out by 1.3 BTC here...

The claim about the US balances being paid is here:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6667.msg294956#msg294956
US balances have been paid in full via a standard sendmany transaction (txid: 451718e781fe39e6014d0000f891659d571eff25995e943b864a641b412dcd62). Since I didn't pay a fee, the network won't relay it, and you won't see it until it's confirmed, which should be no later than Eligius-3's next block. Assuming no problems, I plan to do the same for Europe's balances.

The transaction still does not show up in block explorer.... So I don't know. He did say something about it not showing up until it is confirmed (6 confirmations, I assume).... I'll believe it when it shows up in BlockExplorer.

At present, I've switched over to mineco.in. It works similar to DeepBit in how the interface/workers are setup, but there are NO fees AT ALL, even TX fees are shared. Rewards are put into a pool accounts (just like DeepBit), and paid out when they hit your set threshold (like DeepBit). So... I've moved there for a while. Can't hurt to try other pools. Eligius isn't bad, but their uptime was never very good anyway and this situation is certainly straining my patience (but I hope that I'm worrying over nothing.)
anodyne

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 06:09:21 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2011, 06:44:15 AM by anodyne

It won't show up on blockexplorer until it's in a block, and it isn't in a block yet since Eligius-3 hasn't generated one to include it in since Luke announced that the transaction has been created.

Edit: Pool says new block is invalid, but the transaction and the rest of the block seems to be fine so far according to blockexplorer: http://blockexplorer.com/tx/451718e781fe39e6014d0000f891659d571eff25995e943b864a641b412dcd62

Also seems to include payouts from work on new pool. Was a mention about lowering the payout threshold to .33 btc, and by the looks of it that has been implemented (unless it's some sort of housekeeping).

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
brwyatt

Activity: 50
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 06:40:58 AM

Yup, there it is. Part of my issue was having my timezone wrong on the forums, so I thought he posted it 24 hours ago. Now to just wait for the EU payout...
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 09:39:36 AM

US payout Finally showing up. I think he could have been clearer in what was going on vs. just saying it had been paid.
anodyne

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 09:51:22 AM

Since I didn't pay a fee, the network won't relay it, and you won't see it until it's confirmed, which should be no later than Eligius-3's next block.

I'd say that in my eyes that was a pretty clear explanation of what was going on.

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:32:20 AM

ok now waiting on the EU coins. Hate to be a turd but what is the delay this time or are we waiting for a week of inactivity on a dead server?
moomoocow

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:38:50 AM

You should have a bit more faith after the US server paid out.

The send time will be Thursday but you'll probably see it around Friday.
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 01:06:13 AM

That's cool, wasn't overly worried until it had been a week anyway. Now if some damn blocks would get solved, this difficulty is a killer.
moomoocow

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 01:18:52 AM

You're on S3 right?  We've had a string of lucky blocks (shorter than 5 hours) but it actually doesn't matter with the new SMPPS system which pays out by shares.
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:27:08 PM

No I moved to another pool once he switched out servers until I first saw the payouts on the closed servers would still occur and second until I saw what the new system was doing. Of course the pool I moved to has been working for almost 3 days now without a hit wouldn't you know.
Darioux

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:35:45 PM

As far as I can see the Eligius is run by a bunch of croocks. I haven't been payed either and I'm sick of waiting. They have no right to hold on to the money after they shut down the server. What's more they are too arrogant to post any explenation on their website. I'm done mining for them.
Artefact2

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 12:53:07 PM

As far as I can see the Eligius is run by a bunch of croocks. I haven't been payed either and I'm sick of waiting. They have no right to hold on to the money after they shut down the server. What's more they are too arrogant to post any explenation on their website. I'm done mining for them.

You're right.

Never mind the fact that he's doing this in his free time for basically free.
Never mind this message http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6667.msg295683#msg295683 where he says : " If I don't hear any problems with the US payouts, I will plan to do the same for EU balances on Thursday.".

You, sir, have it all figured out.

A pool-biased blockchain representation, by me: pident (WTFPL)
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:05:40 PM

His website is where he should be making announcements. Not every miner has time to search the hundreds of post here for an answer.

As I said I'm fine with the fact the US payouts were made and it was done more or less within the week of inactivity by way of the server shutting down and it appears the EU will do the same. It would however taken all of about 2 mins to put a notice on the website to the same however. You should be able to understand when your holding other people's money they can get a bit uneasy when they don't see anything from those holding the money.
blumpkinpie76

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:47:44 PM

Not crooks as far as I am concerned. I received the .24 from the US pool almost a week ago and the 1.0 from the EU pool showed up last night.

Before you accuse someone of stealing, you really should stop and consider the fact that it is not easy to run a mining pool and give the person a reasonable amount of time to fix the problem. I know we all want instant gratification but things take time and mistakes get made. You have to give someone the opportunity to make good on an error before you start calling them out for it. Just my .02BTC
mg101

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:09:17 AM

one user here still waiting for my .eu balance...
JBDive (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:58:08 AM

one user here still waiting for my .eu balance...

I have a feeling all the EU users are still waiting. Sorry but this is BS. You merge a hundred miners all with under 1BTC together and the pool owner is sitting on a pretty big chunk of change that is not his.
tim85254

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:39:08 AM

Eligius?  Effectively down.  Deepbit?  Down.  

These sites should be making bank at the moment, yet uptime isn't a priority.  

Nor is my ever using them again.  I've moved on.  Both of them serve not purpose other than to gox my electric bill.  The site backers are not serious.

Bitcoin doesn't have a chance with all this lack-of-uptime.  Its impossible to keep any client connected 24 hours - and lately, if at all.  Going elsewhere where my kilowatt-hours aren't getting goxed away.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: