Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:03:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is gonna happen 2X  (Read 514 times)
wonderchaff (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:35:08 PM

i know that 2X will have 2mb block because of chinese miners.. so 2x will be probably bit faster but what a new future bring us normal bitcoin? When you look at fees omg too high ... what suggest bitcoin core as solution for this ? Can someone explain me what will be new for bitcoin when btc2x will has 2mb blocks what new will has bitcoin as a solution for a huge amount of unconfirmed tx ?

USD - in God we trust / BTC - in code we trust
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:50:59 PM

i know that 2X will have 2mb block because of chinese miners.. so 2x will be probably bit faster but what a new future bring us normal bitcoin? When you look at fees omg too high ... what suggest bitcoin core as solution for this ? Can someone explain me what will be new for bitcoin when btc2x will has 2mb blocks what new will has bitcoin as a solution for a huge amount of unconfirmed tx ?

Look at Bitcoin Cash: Is it higher than the real Bitcoin? nope. Not on price, not on transaction volume. Maybe have you considered the fact that the demand for Bitcoin is to use it as a store of wealth (digital gold) and not like a currency to send small payments?

It seems the market does not want to increase blocksize thus far. What for you is a problem, for other is a benefit. Some people would rather pay an higher fee in order to avoid a hardfork that is already a mess.

The hashrate will be lower for a while on BTC, then when it's clear that BTC is valued higher than S2X, S2X will lose hashrate because it will not be profitable to mine it, just like BCash.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:15:25 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 12:14:30 AM by Barbarian

2x is not going to change anything and it is not the future, many miners that said they supported 2x have now backed down and those that keep supporting it are not going to commit suicide by allocating all their hash power to a coins that is bound to fail.
wonderchaff (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:23:41 PM

i heard somewhere that 2X will have majority of miners . is that true ?

wonderchaff (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:28:21 PM

and what do you think what will happen with difficulty of btc ?

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:28:05 PM

and what do you think what will happen with difficulty of btc ?

To answer this and your question above... the hashrate of the "signaling" for the segwit2x is exactly that, signaling, and is decreasing as miners reveal their true intentions slowly: they will not commit exclusivity of hashrate to any chain, they will mine what's economically profitable.

The second, the difficulty may have wild fluctuations, but as soon as it's clear BTC is valued higher than B2X, capitalization of the fork threat will be reached and B2X/S2X or whatever they call it, will end up as an alt similar to BCash, BGold etc.
ssnova

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:55:24 PM

Going a long with the topic, are you guys storing your coins at exchanges for the fork? 

I'd pull out, but considering the fees of transferring in and out when maybe it's not worth the hassle, maybe better to wait it out.
wooch4aeye

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I&#965

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:37:27 PM

ask now why now new forks start any why they use bitcoin name ??

they need to gain money only

spetalkuhfie

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:35:25 PM

The vast majority of miners supports Segwit2x: https://coin.dance/blocks

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:47:47 PM

Going a long with the topic, are you guys storing your coins at exchanges for the fork? 

I'd pull out, but considering the fees of transferring in and out when maybe it's not worth the hassle, maybe better to wait it out.
If you only have very small amount of bitcoin than you can keep them in one of the exchange that have announced they will distribute B2X coin just after fork. Like hitbtc and I think bittrex will also publish their statement on this soon.

Coinbase have also announced they will credit user balances with equal amount of B2X if users will have bitcoin at the time of fork.
Barbarian

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:17:19 AM

Look at Bitcoin Cash: Is it higher than the real Bitcoin? nope. Not on price, not on transaction volume. Maybe have you considered the fact that the demand for Bitcoin is to use it as a store of wealth (digital gold) and not like a currency to send small payments?

It seems the market does not want to increase blocksize thus far. What for you is a problem, for other is a benefit. Some people would rather pay an higher fee in order to avoid a hardfork that is already a mess.

The hashrate will be lower for a while on BTC, then when it's clear that BTC is valued higher than S2X, S2X will lose hashrate because it will not be profitable to mine it, just like BCash.
The demand for S2X is so low that now the fork has been canceled, while the miners want to make it seem as if their efforts were the key to make segwit accepted we know that is not the case they are just trying to save face because they know they have failed to influence the direction of bitcoin.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:22:24 AM

Am I mistaken on something?  I was under the impression the fork wouldn't happen so this won't be a thing.  I am super new to the term, been using Bitcoin for awhile but I don't quite get the process of what a fork is and what it does to the coin.  My impression was the fork is not happening so that Bitcoin2x is not going to be a thing anymore?
bitPico

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:01:50 AM

Am I mistaken on something?  I was under the impression the fork wouldn't happen so this won't be a thing.  I am super new to the term, been using Bitcoin for awhile but I don't quite get the process of what a fork is and what it does to the coin.  My impression was the fork is not happening so that Bitcoin2x is not going to be a thing anymore?
The miners never claimed to have backed out of SegWit2x. Wink
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:05:42 PM

The interest for S2X is low to the point that now the fork has been scratched off, while the diggers need to influence it to appear as though their endeavors were the way to make segwit acknowledged we realize that isn't the situation they are quite recently attempting to conceal any hint of failure confront in light of the fact that they know they have neglected to impact the bearing of bitcoin.
Barbarian

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:00:30 PM

Never leave your coins in an exchange for a long time, do only what you planned to do and then send your coins out of the exchange since you are not going to get free coins since the fork was canceled and you do not plan to make any trades then get your money out of the exchange as soon as possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: