Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:55:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB patch to cyanogenmod 7 and 10  (Read 637 times)
Lohoris (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:24:24 AM

Cyanogenmod misses a way to assign a default contact to a number [link].

I'm wishing to fund the developement of such a feature if it happens to be easy as it seems.

What:
- two contacts (Alice and Bob) share a common number
- currently both the call and the sms applications will arbitrarily chose one contact (Bob) to associate that number with, so that when you receive a call or sms from that number, it will be displayed as a call from Bob
- I want to be able to chose to assign that number to either Alice or Bob, instead (obviously while keeping it on both contacts)

How:
TBD
1. it would be ideal if it was a small patch that ends up in official cyanogenmod, but that's not required
2. in case (1) does not happen, then I don't want to install shady patches or applications, so it should be something simple which doesn't require strange permissions
3. it is perfectly fine if the interface is quirky or barely existent, it is fine even if it is just a text config file or something like that... as long as it works
4. it has to be fully open source

How much:
I'd expect to spend up to 1 BTC, but 0.25~0.5 would be much preferred. I guess it would be easy to do such a thing if you already know cyanogenmod or android, while it will likely be too much work otherwise.
Please correct me if you know if any of my assumptions are wrong.

Thank you : )

NOTE: in case someone didn't read carefully, this is the opposite of selecting a default number for a contact (it's selecting a default contact for a number).

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: