Bitcoin Forum
January 19, 2017, 09:07:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 cards working fine, but third card is stuck at "Starting"  (Read 733 times)
iamzill

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:26:21 AM

I'm running three 5830s on a MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard. I'm running XP SP3. Two of my machines have this exact same setup and they're experiencing the same error: after clicking "Start mining" in the GUIminer, the lower right hand corner status bar is stuck at "Starting...".

No hash rate, 0 shares accepted forever, and MSI Afterburner is showing 0% GPU usage for that card.

Thanks in advance.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
iamzill

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 04:14:46 AM

I tried both Slush's pool and BTC guild and have the same problem.

If I use the summary or the console it'll say "Connecting..." forever.

After I click "Start mining", in the console it'll display "Listener for "Default" started" and then nothing happens for 5 minutes. 5 minutes later the line "long poll: new block 00000xxxxxxxxxx" will come up, but still no hash rate or GPU usage.

Is this a network problem or a card problem? Should I swap out the cards and try them on different machines?

phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 10:57:35 PM

I've had to convert my friends from mining on Windows XP to Windows 7.  7 handles multiple video cards 1,000 times better.  I have one friend who has tried everything in the book, yet one of his cards never hits a solid 99% GPU usage, it fluctuates everywhere.  I'm betting him 7 will fix the problem.  The overall layout of the operating system is different when it comes to handling the video drivers.
iamzill

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:22:57 PM

Thanks, I'll give Windows 7 a try.

I used XP because I have many licenses for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.