Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 02:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help deciding mining operation  (Read 389 times)
benjarn (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:18:16 PM

I was hoping someone here could give me some quick tips on mining as I am a beginner.

I am a crypto invester but still a beginner when it comes to cryptocurrency!

I would like to start mining to get experience and I was wondering what coin is the easiest and at the same time most profitable to mine?

I have done some minor research and found that the most profitable coin to mine is as the list below.

1. Bitcoin
2. Etherum Classic
3. LiteCoin
4. Dash
5. Monero
6. Etherum

Which of those is easiest to mine? And do you have other suggestions? What type of mining rig should I setup?

I want something small to begin with (corner of an office) so that it doesn't take up to much space, and I don't want to use much more than $4000 to begin with.

Appreciate all help!  Smiley
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:42:08 PM

I was hoping someone here could give me some quick tips on mining as I am a beginner.

I would like to start mining to get experience and I was wondering what coin is the easiest and at the same time most profitable to mine?

I have done some minor research and found that the most profitable coin to mine is as the list below.

1. Bitcoin
2. Etherum Classic
3. LiteCoin
4. Dash
5. Monero
6. Etherum

Which of those is easiest to mine? And do you have other suggestions? What type of mining rig should I setup?

I want something small to begin with (corner of an office) so that it doesn't take up to much space, and I don't want to use much more than $4000 to begin with.

Hi, with your $4000usd budget, you dont really have much options. So you really need to narrow it down to mining with asics or GPU rig? Im not sure where you are located, but you should check out the gpu market and see what you can pick up. Or 2 asic miners IF it is available to you. From your coin list above, bitcoin, dash and litecoin would be asic miners. Ethereum, ethereum classic, monero would be gpu rigs.
Im sure more members will chime in with more details. But thats some general info to help u make your decision.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:16:46 AM

You need to learn a little more about the various coins you listed.  It's fine if you want to get into mining but some of those coinscan be mined on GPU's and potentially be profitable, while others will never be profitable on GPU. 

I would suggest looking at buying an ASIC for whatever coin you want (not all coins have ASICs) and go from there. 

Another thing to consider is the cost of electricity.  If it's free then that opens up more coins to profit.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:38:15 AM

for this time it is still profitable depending in your electricity cost.

GPU mining is not an easy thing to do. but has high resale value when all F*cks up.

1. Bitcoin
2. Etherum Classic
3. LiteCoin
4. Dash
5. Monero
6. Etherum

Which of those is easiest to mine?And do you have other suggestions? What type of mining rig should I setup?

Easiest are the ASIC miners for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dash

Consider the ff:

• Electicity cost and setups, proper wiring and amp
  • locations, noise
  • mining difficulty

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:54:03 AM

GPU mining is actually a safer way to start investing in crypto. Why? Simply because you have something you can hold on to incase everything goes to shit. GPUs are physical assets that can easily be sold to others as compared to full-on investing on currencies whose value can drop to zero.

However, GPU mining is not as profitable right now for beginners because of the surge in bitcoin price (only altcoins can be mined using GPUs). I say beginners because although altcoin mining is down right now, veterans always look for new coins that they can instantly convert into BTC essentially allowing them to mine BTC. This is the profitable way to go for now. If you have time, patience, and the ability to do intense research on crypto i'd say go for it. Good luck mining!
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:34:30 AM

Few members suggested you to go for a ASIC hardware for mining ... the problem is , you can not place a ASIC miner(s) just in the "corner of the office". Those miners are smaller than gpu miners , but much more louder , and and generating a lot of heat .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
benjarn (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:44:25 PM

Hi all and thank you for all the information and good answers!  Smiley

I have been looking at the antminer s9, it's relatively expensive but seems to have much "power"

So I am thinking of buying one S9 or maybe four S7, when considering the hash power it looks like four S7 will mine more efficiently then one S9.  Any thoughts here?   

The electricity is not a problem because this will be a cost I don't have to worry about. I want to setup this rig as a "test" and to learn more, but I also of course want it to be profitable tho show results.

So to tell you why I am looking in to this: I have an idea together with my fellow colleague and co-founder of our marketing company to build an mining farm. We have a unique "facility" nearby with hydropower.

This is a cave and it was supposed to be a server park for Apple and the cave was transformed to fit their specifications, but they lost to another facility.

We want to build a huge mining park here with investors and other people with more experience than us in cryptography and currency.

But I would like to build a small mining rig to show results and to learn from it myself, so learning by doing! The budget for the test rig can of course be increased if that is necessary.

I am sorry for not responding earlier but it was something bugged with my thread and I couldn't see the answers until now.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:20:00 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. Etherum Classic
3. LiteCoin
4. Dash
5. Monero
6. Etherum

its depend on what is your hardware to use mining because its the important you should understant and without having high end hardware then you can not make profit. for the list of your coins that you want to mining, i suggest you to mining ethereum classic, litecoin and ethereum because although this coins is too expensive right now but you can still hoping to earn biggest amount but you need to have high end hardware like i mention in above. after you buy the hardware, if you have setting with good, then i think you can trying to earn as much as you can with your hardware.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄