Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 11:18:17 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many scammers and spammers?  (Read 423 times)
tobity (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:49:31 PM

Why is this forum so full of scammers and spammers?   Are there any GOOD clean forums for bitcoin?
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:56:17 PM

Because Bitcoin is about easy money transfer and scammers love easy money transfers to them :/
Also there are a lot of people who don't fully understand the concept and thus are easier to scam.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:57:20 PM

Because Bitcoin is about easy money transfer, scammers love easy money transfers to them :/

this.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
hasher87

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:00:15 PM

the new type of scammers to look out for are the groupbuy for kncminer machine..beware of their post count before committing  Wink
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:02:28 PM

Anywhere you find free trade, you'll find Shady Joe.  First time I met a scammer was when I was 12 years old, I think, when I was playing an online MMO called Runescape (back when it was 2D!)  Some guy said he'd improve my armor for free and I thought, hell, that's a wonderful deal.  So I let the guy have it.  And then he disappeared.

The moral of the story is, you're going to run into scammers no matter what.  Learn how to deal with them, and if you're up to the challenge, learn how you can fuck with them and waste their time.  The more saturated any area is with scammers, the easier it is to spot and avoid them.

For example:

Joe's got 15 posts to his name and he really needs 10 BTC IMMEDIATELY LIKE RIGHT NOW, also he wants to pay with PayPal and he can't/won't use escrow.

If that didn't raise 5 blazing red flags, you're better off being around these guys so you'll know why that's a shady deal.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:24:30 PM

Because Bitcoin is about easy money transfer and scammers love easy money transfers to them :/
Also there are a lot of people who don't fully understand the concept and thus are easier to scam.

Not to mention the prospect of anonymity. Since people can take your money and all you have is a BTC address that generally doesn't lead anywhere, there's no "risk" to them getting caught.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: