Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 11:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-02] Siberians Use Cryptocurrency Miners to Heat Homes  (Read 5300 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:16:13 AM

I do not believe in Siberia that houses can heat up with mining, there are devices that provide very little heat. You can not heat up with these devices. You need at least 30 GPUs to heat a 5 square meter room.
You must be don't know how much heat a mining farm produces and how stein cooling system it needs for it's work. I am a fan of recicling and even those heat is enough to give heat in some children garden or a hospital there I think it is genios.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:18:13 AM

I do not believe in Siberia that houses can heat up with mining, there are devices that provide very little heat. You can not heat up with these devices. You need at least 30 GPUs to heat a 5 square meter room.
No you are clearly exaggerating. I have the installation of the 6 GPU. It is enough to heat a room 40 square meters in any weather. But is in this room will be difficult because the fan noise creates discomfort. But distribute the heat throughout the house will be difficult. Ventilation can consume more energy than heating.
hasilcrypto

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:37:55 PM

Wewww What is Siberians  Huh Huh
Isaak Bitcoin

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:48:20 PM

What is the temperature in the summer in his apartment? How will he cool it?

Embeco

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:51:02 PM

What is the temperature in the summer in his apartment? How will he cool it?

It's Siberia, there is not much need for cooling in the summer...

But I don't see how that's newsworthy, I bet half of the mine-at-home miners here have been heating their homes with miners for a while  Wink Wink Wink Building a house based on that concept is interesting, though...
cryptofairy

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:16:49 PM

my cats love chilling in my mining room 
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:10:10 AM

glad to have that they come up with that idea, it is serve as a dual purpose, one is to heat the house and while the other is income generating machine both process are correlated. But my question is how do they control the heat when the summer come and how many gpu does it need to heat the entire home. it is a good modeling concept that need to be followed by other european region where climate where extreme and imbalance.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: