Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating an Altcoin - Errorfix (Searching for a solution)  (Read 200 times)
theblueone (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:13:06 PM

Hello guys, I did like most of the stuff to create my altcoin. However, on the point where I wanted to connect the Testnet on my Virtual Machine where iMac is on with the Testnet on my Ubuntu VPS. Following happened: To connect, I used the command:
"./altcoind -testnet -connect=(myipadress in numbers) &"
after I did that, the following error was shown: "Altcoin: Error loading blkindex.dat"
As I researched, that file should be on the folder /Users/altcoin/Library/Aplication Support/altcoin/testnet
but the only similar file I found was: blk0001.dat and peers.dat

My second problem is, that I dont know which binaries I have to install to compile my sourcecode on an ubuntu server. I tried to install like the similar ones like on iMac but because it didnt work I dont know what to do.
-bash: ./altcoind: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Everywhere, where is altcoin standing in this text except the first sentence is actually the name of my cryptocurrency I am creating. I am like a beginner in C/C++ and iMac but have much experience with ubuntu/debian

Thanks for you help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: