Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:06:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how long willl my balance remain unconfirmed?  (Read 679 times)
user2013 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:26:57 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 03:02:55 PM by user2013

I haven't used my wallet for a month and today I tried updating the client and moved my program folder from c: to a different drive. Afterwards, my wallet's balance is remaining unconfirmed, even though bitcoin-qt says it's "up to date". I tried to update the balance by sending 0.01 BTC from another address to my wallet, but all it did was bumped my (confirmed) balance from 0.00 to 0.01.

What should I do to make it confirmed?

Edit: My transactions show up as unconfirmed. Only my latest test transaction is confirmed.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:11:54 PM

I haven't used my wallet for a month and today I tried updating the client and moved my program folder from c: to a different drive. Afterwards, my wallet's balance is remaining unconfirmed, even though bitcoin-qt says it's "up to date". I tried to update the balance by sending 0.01 BTC from another address to my wallet, but all it did was bumped my (confirmed) balance from 0.00 to 0.01.

Edit: My transactions show up as unconfirmed. Only my latest test transaction is confirmed.

What is the amount of the unconfirmed transaction? If it's small and didn't have a fee it could take days or months to be confirmed (if at all), due to the importance factor (look up the "bitcoin transaction fees" on Google for the mathematics behind it).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
kewal

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:44:52 PM

I moved my bitcoin wallet to a new system at one point - and I was frightened; because, my balance showed as zero.  However, once the block-chain completed synchronization, everything was back as it should be.

Were the transactions that are showing up as not confirmed for you, ever confirmed in the past?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

having a similar issue with a payment i sent to satoshi dice without paying any fees. sent it about 5 days ago. every other day it shows up as a new unconfirmed transaction. its beginning to look like this transaction is lost forever.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:49:03 PM

What's the transaction id or address?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:53:56 PM

having a similar issue with a payment i sent to satoshi dice without paying any fees. sent it about 5 days ago. every other day it shows up as a new unconfirmed transaction. its beginning to look like this transaction is lost forever.

What type of wallet did you use? My understanding is you can usually re-sync with the blockchain (removing the payment from your local client if you are using one) since it hasn't actually been included in a block yet. This should allow you to re-send the funds with a fee.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: